IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Its about time the rovers started producing youth players. A new trainig set up should surely help.

Skuse, Bryan, Reid, Golbourne, Hill, Carey, Coles, Doherty, Lita? and not to mention all the youngsters that have left for the top prem clubs over the last several years. 

Is lines and ellington the only one with Championship experience in recent years?

Dont know where the myth from rovers fans comes from that they have a better youth set up.

Allow me to introduce you to Rovers' fans. 

If you say ANYTHING often enough, loudly enough and refuse to acknowledge any form of factual response, then it will slowly but surely turn into the truth. 

In their minds, at least. 

Source: club wealth, attendances, size of club, potential of club, support base, away followings, player development, Lansdown's business dealings, new stadium, loyal & true, coming for us, 1982 etc, women enjoying being groped in front of their children, horses starting trouble and being "up for it", attacking their own players. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

to be honest the bit that made me laugh was they are going to have Gas Girls can you imagine the smell ?

they use to have them, failed to support them so they turned to the evil empire known as Bristol Sport, and now they are Bristol City Womans team,

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You lot have changed your tune..! 

25 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

What's your gut feeling.?

19 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

What money indeed?

if you go back through the thread, I have not been one to give it  the big un that we are loaded, and I don't care about Lansdown and his legal right to live where ever he wants (I would choose somewhere warmer than Guernsey personally) and Bristol Sport makes perfect business sense (although I would admit to some 'banter') on that point.

Dwane Sports/The Al-Qadis, I do not know where their finance for things is coming from. It's safe to assume it will be investors and will require some ROI, how much comes from other Al-Qadi business dealings compared to outsiders remains to be seen.

I would again assume, that give Wael's Jordanian FA connection, the training ground would eventually look to get Jordanian youngsters over here. (not sure the rules on perhaps the Jordanian FA putting some money into the facility)

As for do they have a pot to pissin? Ultimatley who knows, but one thing we ALL KNOW is their is no money to take out of BRFC is there

• Like 2

Just now, Hello said:

if you go back through the thread, I have not been one to give it  the big un that we are loaded, and I don't care about Lansdown and his legal right to live where ever he wants (I would choose somewhere warmer than Guernsey personally) and Bristol Sport makes perfect business sense (although I would admit to some 'banter') on that point.

Dwane Sports/The Al-Qadis, I do not know where their finance for things is coming from. It's safe to assume it will be investors and will require some ROI, how much comes from other Al-Qadi business dealings compared to outsiders remains to be seen.

I would again assume, that give Wael's Jordanian FA connection, the training ground would eventually look to get Jordanian youngsters over here. (not sure the rules on perhaps the Jordanian FA putting some money into the facility)

As for do they have a pot to pissin? Ultimatley who knows, but one thing we ALL KNOW is their is no money to take out of BRFC is there

I'll back you up on that, you've not given the big un even on your own forum,

11 minutes ago, Hello said:

There IS a prime property development site as part of their package. If they ever sell the Mem, you want to be very concerned. 

43 minutes ago, Hello said:

Well, he does also have his game reserve in Botswana. His Falcon private jet flies direct from Lulsgate or Guernsey in about 12 hrs so if the climate in the Channel Isles becomes somewhat tedious then he can pop over for a bit of R&R with current temperatures around 27.

Meanwhile, temperatures at The minimal seem to be running rather high since the transfer of your best player for a fee equivalent to a tank of aviation fuel.

It's not all bad news tho'.... Jake Gosling has scooped your lot a satisfying £36,000 for his services as a Gibraltar International. If he gets selected another 1000 times in qualifying competitions then you've got yourselves a new stadium.

Happy days.:dance:

• Like 1

On Friday, February 03, 2017 at 22:15, Maesknoll Red said:

Couldn't they come up with a more chavvy sounding name for a holding company......  every time I hear Dwane it transports me back to watching Red Dwarf...  an out of this world farce,  much in common with the sags

Sounds like a talk show for Bud drinking redneck, trailer trash. Oh, hang on....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Its about time the rovers started producing youth players. A new trainig set up should surely help.

Skuse, Bryan, Reid, Golbourne, Hill, Carey, Coles, Doherty, Lita? and not to mention all the youngsters that have left for the top prem clubs over the last several years. 

Is lines and ellington the only one with Championship experience in recent years?

Dont know where the myth from rovers fans comes from that they have a better youth set up.

you have definitely had a better youth set-up. Hell we are only just getting a training ground of our own, but I would say that we had Scott Sinclair. More recently Donovan Wilson was taken by Wolves, Matt Macey by Arsenal.

We have at least produced a few good enough for the team we have had in recent years in Tom Lockyer, Ollie Clarke and Ellis Harrison

Edited by Hello

9 minutes ago, Hello said:

you have definitely had a better youth set-up. Hell we are only just getting a training ground of our own, but I would say that we had Scott Sinclair. More recently Donovan Wilson was taken by Wolves, Matt Macey by Arsenal.

We have at least produced a few good enough for the team we have had in recent years in Tom Lockyer, Ollie Clarke and Ellis Harrison

Rovers hasn't had a set up to be attractive to a kid who was "neutral" about who he played for since City got Academy status back around 98. Even when Citys Academy was really really badly run the lure of playing Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs as a ten year old or Exeter, Oxford or Swindon plus a limited budget forcing you to operate with small squads meant producing young talent was always going to be difficult.

Cannot abide Rovers but just adding my two pennorth for balance.

Waiting to be shot down on this but, do they own it? We know BRFC don't. 

Their initial statement said that Dwayne Sports had acquired the site, If I'd bought it, I'd say "bought it". I think they might have bought a lease of the site from the owners, which might be linked to the dodgy deal for the Memorial ground when, certain rugby directors were palmed off with land out by Filton, given away in return for an easy transition to joint ownership (sold down the river) of the Memorial ground.

The rugby club acquired planning permission for the use of their combination team, but didn't have the funds to see the project through.

"The site for Bristol Rovers' proposed new training ground has been revealed in planning documents that have been published online.

Chairman Steve Hamer revealed last week that 29 acres of land in an unnamed location had been identified and a South Gloucestershire planning application has now confirmed that Colony Farm in Hortham Lane, Almondsbury is the site Rovers are proposing to develop new training facilities on.

In the document, which was submitted on August 31, Rovers are named as the applicant and are seeking the green light to carry through to completion on a historical planning application that was approved for the 'erection of clubhouse, floodlights and store.' The plan also includes 'construction of vehicular and pedestrian access and car park'.

Planning permission for a similar use of the site was granted in 2001 but the development of training facilities by Bristol Combination Trustees – the original applicant – was never completed and the land, which currently has marked out football pitches, has since been used to house local amateur football clubs.

The site in Hortham Lane where the new training ground is planned

The club's decision to see the project through to completion depends on the removal of two conditions that were attached to the original planning permission that prohibited use of the facilities before 6pm during school term time.

They have also submitted justification for the removal of a condition that limits use of the site only to the previous applicant for non-professional and Under 18s matches unless a written request for consent is submitted to the council.

The plans are believed to include the construction of facilities that would initially meet Category 3 Academy status with the possibility of applying for upgrade to Category 2 status in the longer-term.

Rovers' first team has been a tenant at the Lawns - a 15-acre site that was previously owned by AXA – in Henbury since 2012, while the youth and academy sides are housed some 3 miles away at the Golden Hill Training Centre in Horfield.

The lease on that site expires in March and the club is keen to house their first-team and all of their age-group sides under the same roof at the proposed new training facility".

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

The club's decision to see the project through to completion depends on the removal of two conditions that were attached to the original planning permission that prohibited use of the facilities before 6pm during school term time.

They have also submitted justification for the removal of a condition that limits use of the site only to the previous applicant for non-professional and Under 18s matches unless a written request for consent is submitted to the council.

The plans are believed to include the construction of facilities that would initially meet Category 3 Academy status with the possibility of applying for upgrade to Category 2 status in the longer-term.

Rovers' first team has been a tenant at the Lawns - a 15-acre site that was previously owned by AXA – in Henbury since 2012, while the youth and academy sides are housed some 3 miles away at the Golden Hill Training Centre in Horfield.

The lease on that site expires in March and the club is keen to house their first-team and all of their age-group sides under the same roof at the proposed new training facility".

The first part I have highlighted looks like another chance for them to show how hard done by they are when the planning applications get turned down. 

The second part means that we can take our pick of any decent talent they identify until they can afford and are granted cat 2 status :) 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

Their initial statement said that Dwayne Sports had acquired the site, If I'd bought it, I'd say "bought it". I think they might have bought a lease of the site from the owners, which might be linked to the dodgy deal for the Memorial ground when, certain rugby directors were palmed off with land out by Filton, given away in return for an easy transition to joint ownership (sold down the river) of the Memorial ground.

The rugby club acquired planning permission for the use of their combination team, but didn't have the funds to see the project through.

"The site for Bristol Rovers' proposed new training ground has been revealed in planning documents that have been published online.

Chairman Steve Hamer revealed last week that 29 acres of land in an unnamed location had been identified and a South Gloucestershire planning application has now confirmed that Colony Farm in Hortham Lane, Almondsbury is the site Rovers are proposing to develop new training facilities on.

In the document, which was submitted on August 31, Rovers are named as the applicant and are seeking the green light to carry through to completion on a historical planning application that was approved for the 'erection of clubhouse, floodlights and store.' The plan also includes 'construction of vehicular and pedestrian access and car park'.

Planning permission for a similar use of the site was granted in 2001 but the development of training facilities by Bristol Combination Trustees – the original applicant – was never completed and the land, which currently has marked out football pitches, has since been used to house local amateur football clubs.

The site in Hortham Lane where the new training ground is planned

I'll give you the purchase of a lease for the site although I guess it would be a significant length of time and not 5 years

but are you lot still peddling the Memorial Stadium nonsense? Rugby club were going bust, were going to sell Mem to Amtrak for £2.3m, BRFC paid £2.3m for 50% of the ground. We had the bank loan to prove it

32 minutes ago, Hello said:

I'll give you the purchase of a lease for the site although I guess it would be a significant length of time and not 5 years

but are you lot still peddling the Memorial Stadium nonsense? Rugby club were going bust, were going to sell Mem to Amtrak for £2.3m, BRFC paid £2.3m for 50% of the ground. We had the bank loan to prove it

It's not nonsense it's true, you evicted a local sports club from their historical home

52 minutes ago, Hello said:

And how much for the other 50%..?!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Hello said:

as opposed to them selling it to a distribution company and moving to Clifton RFC for example

I spoke to someone who had supported Bristol for decades .He had no ties to City or your lot but knew what had been going on when your lot bought the stadium. He told me that all memorabilia of Bristol RFC had been chucked into a skip even while they were still playing there and nobody would ever know that it was a rugby stadium, they were also made to feel unwelcome in their own home. Your excuse of a club has a history of being underhand and lacking class .  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The first part I have highlighted looks like another chance for them to show how hard done by they are when the planning applications get turned down. 

The second part means that we can take our pick of any decent talent they identify until they can afford and are granted cat 2 status :) 

The amendments to the conditions on the planning permission have already been granted, which is why they went ahead with the acquisition of the site.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

While you or I would probably say 'bought', if we were buying a house, it is very common for the term 'acquired' to be used in the commercial sector. I don't think any inference on freehold or leasehold can be drawn from it.

The rugby club used to own the combination ground at the end of the Filton runway, now the Horizon 38 site. When they sold it for development, part of the deal was to provide replacement pitches - the Colony Farm site. The combination ground was sold by the rugby club, as part of their efforts to deal with the enormous losses produced by the botched transfer to professionalism.

2 hours ago, Hello said:

The Bristol Rugby owner was a lifelong Rovers supporter who just happened to put the club into administration, enabling Rovers to buy the other 50% for £10k. No attempt was made to find any other backers to avoid administration.  This has been covered many times on the forum, but is always ignored by those of a gas persuasion 

• Like 1