IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

"Despite having several players unavailable through injury, Barton plans to continue being aggressive in his team selection and tactics.

He said: "Loads of managers would have shut up shop and maybe in my time as I get a bit more experience, maybe that’s what I’ll do and I’ll batten down the hatches and be happy to lose a game 3-1. I don’t think it’s my nature. My nature is to keep pushing forward and be aggressive. Some days that pays off for you and you beat Scunthorpe 7-0. Other days, you lose 6-3 to Lincoln."

Really Joey? It was only half time when you were 3-1 down, you genuinely believe that "loads of Managers" would have given the game up? You were playing Lincoln not Manchester City, even the delusional fee must be looking at you a little differently today.

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

"Despite having several players unavailable through injury, Barton plans to continue being aggressive in his team selection and tactics.

He said: "Loads of managers would have shut up shop and maybe in my time as I get a bit more experience, maybe that’s what I’ll do and I’ll batten down the hatches and be happy to lose a game 3-1. I don’t think it’s my nature. My nature is to keep pushing forward and be aggressive. Some days that pays off for you and you beat Scunthorpe`s youth team 7-0. Other days, you lose 6-3 to Lincoln."

Really Joey? It was only half time when you were 3-1 down, you genuinely believe that "loads of Managers" would have given the game up? You were playing Lincoln not Manchester City, even the delusional fee must be looking at you a little differently today.

Edited for accuracy

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

"maybe in my time as I get a bit more experience" 

Really Joey?

If you're admitting to a lack of experience are you really best placed to criticise the two "P.E teachers" and the experienced manager that is Steve Cotterill?

Keep going you ****, you're well on course to take the Blue Few back to where they truly belong...

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm genuinely surprised to see Forest Green down there.

The other two less so.

Based on what?

Barely 2000 fans, pay £2k a week, really difficult place to persuade players to come.

I’ll be absolutely amazed if they stay up.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Really Joey?

If you're admitting to a lack of experience are you really best placed to criticise the two "P.E teachers" and the experienced manager that is Steve Cotterill?

Keep going you ****, you're well on course to take the Blue Few back to where they truly belong...

One or two (but only a few who get shouted down as "gert Teds" at present because a hefty proportion of their fanbase are genuinely thick as shit window lickers) are starting to realise that Joseph has a tendency to think of stuff to say as he goes along and, as a result, is often contradicting himself. "We'll be ahead of Portsmouth in a few weeks", "Aiming for the moon", "We'll surprise a few this season", "As long as we finish ahead of four teams", "How can we compete with a side that has just dropped £1.5m on a Left Back" and his best one "The season starts now" and since saying that has only picked up a POINT at home to a Morecombe team that regard a fifth from bottom finish as their equivalent of winning the league...................

Edited by Numero Uno

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Based on what?

Barely 2000 fans, pay £2k a week, really difficult place to persuade players to come.

I’ll be absolutely amazed if they stay up.

You can see why Rovers are battling so hard to try & keep pace with them..! 

Imagine striving to emulate Forest Green Rovers..! 

18 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

After the Ipswich debacle in midweek, more than a few Fewers were calling yesterday a “must win”. ?

What's that now... 7? Games without a win...? 

With 1 point gained from teams currently above the bottom 6...?

Keep up the good work Joey..! 

In the long run having a Prem level player in L2 and still then playing an u18 team to win promotion, is not going to do them any favours at all

Well out of their depth in that league, just look at their results. One win against 10 men, some home draws against poor teams, one surprise win and a load of defeats

It's gonna be another great season for City fans following their scores at L1 level

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

In the long run having a Prem level player in L2 and still then playing an u18 team to win promotion, is not going to do them any favours at all

Well out of their depth in that league, just look at their results. One win against 10 men, some home draws against poor teams, one surprise win and a load of defeats

It's gonna be another great season for City fans following their scores at L1 level

I think their "surprise win" against the team currently sat in 19th place, who have scored less than 1 goal per game this season, says alot. 

I'm actually surprised that they are struggling as much as they are, so far. 

Half the league is pretty decent, but the other half is fairly poor & they are struggling to keep up with the poor sides, let alone the good ones. 

I think they'll be safe enough, over the course of the season - but it's all looking pretty good at the moment..! 

from https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/form-table

image.png.3787e9be69675f212fc251dccc2103ef.png

I think at this stage it is very ealry days for a website to predict, or even foreeshadow, relegation - but their form is terrible at this moment in time.

• They have played all the teams below them already (Burton, Forest Green and Morecambe)
  • They have won games against Burton (10 men from 2nd minute) and Oxford (who are firmly bottom half)
  • The only team in the top half they have taken points from are Shrewsbury (and they are 12th!)
  • Every decent team they have played (Barnsley, Pompey, Ipswich and Lincoln) have comfortably beat them

Heres hoping the sags keep hold of Joey

Edited by cityal