IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

He continually lies about the "blue HALF of the city". Everybody knows it's a quarter at most.

And then there is "Da faymuss corterz" - yet another myth.

I have been meaning to debunk this crap for a while

image.png.b26835cd59b50b6ba1c2ff1155863f00.png

So less than 1/10th as "famous" as a second / third kit we have worn for a few seasons

Maybe only "famous" if you are one of the fewers

Edited by cityal
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Ah yes, Devon that well known shithole. Definitely not one of the most desirable parts of the country at all... 

I agree, if you're approaching middle age and looking for a settled life, then Devon is a delightful place to live - I'd fancy it myself if I could afford the house prices on the coast.  Not sure it would have quite the same attraction for a young man though, although a lot of footballers are at a club for a maximum of three years, so I'm sure they cope. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I agree, if you're approaching middle age and looking for a settled life, then Devon is a delightful place to live - I'd fancy it myself if I could afford the house prices on the coast.  Not sure it would have quite the same attraction for a young man though, although a lot of footballers are at a club for a maximum of three years, so I'm sure they cope. 

But presumably they could afford to buy property down there? After all it was only 3 weeks ago that Joey was telling us that local property prices were what was stopping him sign top Premiership talent.

36 minutes ago, In the Net said:

It's a city and it has a big university in it. Plenty of nightlife and - although I'm observing from the standpoint of a happily married man - plenty of attractive young ladies out in the bars and clubs.  You've got a direct rail link with London as well.

It isn't like you're asking incoming players to live in Sidmouth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

But presumably they could afford to buy property down there? After all it was only 3 weeks ago that Joey was telling us that local property prices were what was stopping him sign top Premiership talent.

As I said, a lot of footballers are just passing through (as it were).  If they're from "up north" and own a property, I'd imagine that they'd keep that, and rent for a couple of years wherever they happen to be playing.  The older, "family man"  may buy a property, if they see the area as a place that would be good for their family to settle.  In the lower leagues it can be expensive business moving house every 3 years or so, when you factor in stamp duty, agents fees etc.  

I'm an oldie, however I don't think that Exeter has the same "buzz" as Bristol - just speaking as an ordinary person, taking football clubs out of the equation.  Not that I live in Bristol, just my opinion from visiting both places quite a few times.

I've probably gone off at a bit of a tangent - just another JB interview, with various sound bytes for the press to dangle as click bait.  I think he thrives on it!

5 minutes ago, In the Net said:

As I said, a lot of footballers are just passing through (as it were).  If they're from "up north" and own a property, I'd imagine that they'd keep that, and rent for a couple of years wherever they happen to be playing.  The older, "family man"  may buy a property, if they see the area as a place that would be good for their family to settle.  In the lower leagues it can be expensive business moving house every 3 years or so, when you factor in stamp duty, agents fees etc.  

I'm an oldie, however I don't think that Exeter has the same "buzz" as Bristol - just speaking as an ordinary person, taking football clubs out of the equation.  Not that I live in Bristol, just my opinion from visiting both places quite a few times.

I've probably gone off at a bit of a tangent - just another JB interview, with various sound bytes for the press to dangle as click bait.  I think he thrives on it!

Not having that, he's just a massive bellend.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Robin 2

25 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I just hope the Exeter fans give him so much dog`s abuse tomorrow that he wigs out and lamps someone.

I`m tempted to pop along myself and stand behind the dugout - purely for research purposes you understand.

To be honest I think it is a question of when something like this happens rather than if. I just hope that this time there will be enough evidence to send the c@nt down and to a prison where he is some nutter's biatch for the duration of his stay.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's a city and it has a big university in it. Plenty of nightlife and - although I'm observing from the standpoint of a happily married man - plenty of attractive young ladies out in the bars and clubs.  You've got a direct rail link with London as well.

It isn't like you're asking incoming players to live in Sidmouth. 

Spot on.

Regularly near the top of quality of life surveys & as you say, a brilliant university, too.

Barton really is the most arrogant, obnoxious ***, yet The Post give him free reign to spout his offensive shite every week.

His comments about not being able to get players to move to Bristol were truly pathetic, though seeing as he seems to have signed half of Merseyside since he took over the few, it’s not like he’s exactly got the largest sample size there, is it?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, cityal said:

I have been meaning to debunk this crap for a while

image.png.b26835cd59b50b6ba1c2ff1155863f00.png

So less than 1/10th as "famous" as a second / third kit we have worn for a few seasons

Maybe only "famous" if you are one of the fewers

For clarity, our home colours...

Bristol city red and white

35,200,000 Results
or 99.6% of the total!!
Edited by Ska Junkie

16 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Haven't watched this yet. 

It's from a channel called Real Porridge.

I wouldn't bother, I'll summarise for you. The bloke in the video used to be a prison warder when Barton was in Strangeways, Barton got a job in the gym and his brother was in there for murder. That's about it.

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

a vile club in a small slum in a big city

Controversy follows him everywhere. If I was a level headed sag ( one without six fingers, very rare, I know) knowing his past and listening to his interviews, I would be questioning the people that employed him in the first place. Everything this loose cannon says they must be happy with otherwise he would've been disciplined way before now. 

A truly vile club from top to bottom.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

One of the fewers is promoting the suggestion that Barton and others want to buy the club from Wally.

How stupid can they be. Why would they want Joey Bellend to own the club when they have a billionaire with infinite resources, and a nice watch, in charge at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I just hope the Exeter fans give him so much dog`s abuse tomorrow that he wigs out and lamps someone.

I`m tempted to pop along myself and stand behind the dugout - purely for research purposes you understand.

The thought of the whey faced ratboy getting bummed rigid in the showers...warms the cockles of my heart.