IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We don’t bang on constantly about our away support. Promotion wasn’t exactly guaranteed was it? It’s not like we just had to turn up…

I think it’s the least you’d expect under the circumstances. It’s not a ground they visit most seasons so many fans would want to ‘tick it off’. If the tables were turned they’d absolutely rip the piss out of us for not selling out before claiming they’d have taken thousands.

Exeter taking 1200 to Derby on Tuesday night overshadows 937 Gasheads imo especially when you factor in their obsession with supposedly huge away followings.

Although to be far to the Gas they were also competing with Sky whereas Exeter weren't

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

My favourite post on there, and totally sums up threads like that whoever they’re about, is the guy who says something like “for the supposedly smaller club in Bristol Ive always though Rovers bring more than City over the years…”

What? On their ONE previous visit in 4 decades? ?

Like I say, sums up those threads. 

As the apparant 'smaller' Bristol club ive allways thought rovers have brought more than city over the years

Er, when did they last take 5k to Hillsborough ?

15 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well unil they learn to read statisics and think logically we will always see it.

I'm not sure you're right. 

What's wrong with thinking that 3000% of their everage 9k sell out, (in a 12k capacity stadium) go to away games, meaning that 900 tickets sold, should be reported as 1200 tickets plus the obvious hoardes that remain in the car park. 

It's bit like their £10million valuations on £200k players..! 

9 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Although to be far to the Gas they were also competing with Sky whereas Exeter weren't

You can’t tick off a new ground by watching the game on Sky. As already mentioned the only reason they took 900 last night and 3000 on Saturday is the novelty of a big stadium they almost never visit.

Thats why they wouldn’t have taken 900 to Rotherham last night.

We’re no different.

Genuinely impressed with Exeter though.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

He's one bloke, obviously not wired right if he's in denial about figures which have been posted by the ticket office on several social media sites.  Haven't seen or heard any other Rovers supporters stating this - him being a season ticket holder doesn't make him a typical example of Rovers fans.  Bit like the bloke who supported your lot, and wrote in his book about City fans targetting police dogs, to injure them - I don't imagine that the majority of you shared his views.  

No, coz most fewers DON'T buy STs !   ?

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

You can’t tick off a new ground by watching the game on Sky. As already mentioned the only reason they took 900 last night and 3000 on Saturday is the novelty of a big stadium they almost never visit.

Thats why they wouldn’t have taken 900 to Rotherham last night.

Sky said "around 800"            even Points West tonight said "just under 800" !

Given attendance chat; it seems they've sold out their Derby allocation of 3100 tickets: 

Personally, I think the attendance number was decent; certainly not "embarrassing." Though as Peter said I think Exeter bringing 1200 is more impressive. Rovers are probably a 10th-13th best fanbase as ranked in L1 (note: maybe not this season because this season L1 is packed with a couple decently sized clubs); they'll give good attendances and good performances on big games, but the issue is it dips a lot on smaller games and we, as well as most other Championship clubs don't really do that. But if they ever do get their supposed stadium over the line it'll be interesting to see if the Mem was really that poor a group or if they've just reached their ceiling.

6 hours ago, In the Net said:

The post I like was:

Fantastic from their fans considering the circumstances.

Was squashed on the tram with loads of them after the game. 
They just kept trumping. Constantly. Stunk to high heaven in there.

No wonder they're called The Gas.”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Rovers are probably a 10th-13th best fanbase as ranked in L1 (note: maybe not this season because this season L1 is packed with a couple decently sized clubs)

“They are 10th-13th best in L1 - except for the big clubs.”
So, not 10th-13th then! ? 

17 hours ago, In the Net said:

He's one bloke, obviously not wired right if he's in denial about figures which have been posted by the ticket office on several social media sites.  Haven't seen or heard any other Rovers supporters stating this - him being a season ticket holder doesn't make him a typical example of Rovers fans.  Bit like the bloke who supported your lot, and wrote in his book about City fans targetting police dogs, to injure them - I don't imagine that the majority of you shared his views.  

But its not 1 bloke, your lot spout this shite all the time, i used to work for a company were for some reason 50% of your support worked, anyway they both used to come into the office on a Monday and if the Gash had played away they would nosh each other off about the thousands that had travelled and how much better and bigger your away support was than the s%&t when in fact it was in the low hundreds.