IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

That's the image I had in my head when I read his comments. Even their own players have a look of disgust on their faces.

The early part of that non league season was comedy gold.

This is from the game (Braintree?) where a sag punched an opposition player after they conceded a penalty then ran out of the ground.

In one of their other first away games they lost to someone (Altrincham?) who had their star player missing because he had to work!

Absolute state of them.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Haha 3

On 31/10/2022 at 17:07, petehinton said:

All seems a bit dodge. Either he did it and she wanted it dropped, or she made the whole thing up which would mean no trace of evidence to take it to court in the first place?

Case dismissed so a non event if the courts are to be believed. Time to move on. There are more than enough conspiracy theories on here and we dont need any more. Barton and his Mrs should be made to pay for wasting everyone's time.

• Like 2

On 31/10/2022 at 16:45, GrahamC said:

Not too difficult to work out which of these it is, is it?

Couple of observations, has it ever been explained why Clint Hill left? Thought not.

What on earth could have made a woman married to a person with a prison term in his past possibly change her mind about this?

Something probably to do with being pregnant again with his child, and probably thinking he would get sent to jail  "allegedly "?

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The early part of that non league season was comedy gold.

This is from the game (Braintree?) where a sag punched an opposition player after they conceded a penalty then ran out of the ground.

In one of their other first away games they lost to someone (Altrincham?) who had their star player missing because he had to work!

Absolute state of them.

They have plenty of previous...

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-rovers/bristol-rovers-fan-16-banned-from-matches-after-attacking-Scunthorpe-united-player-3706870

47 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Just listened to him on Points West and away from football banter it’s really sad to hear that three of his four children were born deaf which would be hard for any parent to deal with and puts life into perspective.

They bought him a chicken hutch for his birthday ?

• Like 1

On 31/10/2022 at 16:45, GrahamC said:

Not too difficult to work out which of these it is, is it?

Couple of observations, has it ever been explained why Clint Hill left? Thought not.

What on earth could have made a woman married to a person with a prison term in his past possibly change her mind about this?

Wasn’t Clint Hill & wife at said dinner party when the assault took place? Story I was told was that both mr & Mrs Hill were appalled with what they witnessed and Mrs Hill was adamant that he wouldn’t work with Joe Barton.  No idea if correct but that’s what I was told.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Wasn’t Clint Hill & wife at said dinner party when the assault took place? Story I was told was that both mr & Mrs Hill were appalled with what they witnessed and Mrs Hill was adamant that he wouldn’t work with Joe Barton.  No idea if correct but that’s what I was told.

Heard similar

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well it's in character.

Although TBF most football fans would rush to the defence of Pol Pot if he was their manager and had won them promotion.

It was more of a comment on how stories get about tbh. People make up their mind , not based on actual evidence, but what they her and their interpretation of it. None of us really know what happened, or ever will.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It was more of a comment on how stories get about tbh. People make up their mind , not based on actual evidence, but what they her and their interpretation of it. None of us really know what happened, or ever will.

Agree, said I heard not that I knew, live in a world full of idle gossip

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Agreed.

The best recent example was the "pedomania" triggered by "Nick" making things up and the Met and Tom Watson believing everything he said.

This was all disseminated through the internet and then everyone "knew" the list of people who should be locked up.

With the only problem being that "Nick" had invented it all and was himself locked up for it. Meanwhile the incompetent Met officers were promoted and Tom Watson was given a top paying media job.

13 hours ago, Shuffle said:

I've seen this mentioned many times, although I've never seen any evidence to back it up.  This happened at the Barton's London residence, so, if the Hills were there, presumably they were staying with the Bartons for the weekend - where were they when the police turned up?.  I find it strange that if Mrs Hill felt so strongly, they did not come forward as witnesses for the prosecution.  Also, Hill remained at Rovers for two months after the incident, surely you'd walk out straight away if you were a witness to what happened, and felt very strongly about it?  

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

I've seen this mentioned many times, although I've never seen any evidence to back it up.  This happened at the Barton's London residence, so, if the Hills were there, presumably they were staying with the Bartons for the weekend - where were they when the police turned up?.  I find it strange that if Mrs Hill felt so strongly, they did not come forward as witnesses for the prosecution.  Also, Hill remained at Rovers for two months after the incident, surely you'd walk out straight away if you were a witness to what happened, and felt very strongly about it?  

Do you know what?

Maybe she did? Maybe she even gave a statement? 

Maybe that fact precipitated Hill’s departure? I have no idea whether Hill worked his notice but as was the case recently with Kevin Bond, departures seem to be announced long after the fact in BS7, don’t they?

Once it was ruled that Barton’s wife was going to give an exculpatory account that of course changed everything. No point in calling witnesses when the “victim” has completely changed her story.

But of course all of this is just “speculation” by people who “don’t know”, isn’t it?

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Do you know what?

Maybe she did? Maybe she even gave a statement? 

Maybe that fact precipitated Hill’s departure? I have no idea whether Hill worked his notice but as was the case recently with Kevin Bond, departures seem to be announced long after the fact in BS7, don’t they?

Once it was ruled that Barton’s wife was going to give an exculpatory account that of course changed everything. No point in calling witnesses when the “victim” has completely changed her story.

But of course all of this is just “speculation” by people who “don’t know”, isn’t it?

Surely if Mrs Hill had given a statement, this would have entered as evidence at one of the earlier hearings?  Everything around the case is speculation, as the only people who know what took place are those who were actually there when it happened. 

Edited by In the Net

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Agreed.

The best recent example was the "pedomania" triggered by "Nick" making things up and the Met and Tom Watson believing everything he said.

This was all disseminated through the internet and then everyone "knew" the list of people who should be locked up.

With the only problem being that "Nick" had invented it all and was himself locked up for it. Meanwhile the incompetent Met officers were promoted and Tom Watson was given a top paying media job.

It really is tragic. Unfortunately , human nature being what it is- and always has been- a little bit of mud will always stick if it's thrown often enough.

• Like 1