IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Given our terrible form at the moment, plus our tendency to lose to lower league opposition in the cup, I’m baffled as to why anyone would want us to draw them. It’s the ultimate banana skin and we have nothing to prove by playing and beating them.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

On 05/11/2022 at 15:14, Sweeneys Penalties said:

"Last week marked 22 years since the last time Rovers were above City in the league pyramid, a statistic gleefully classified by supporters in the south as “The Gap” and as the Robins have spent 14 seasons as a Championship team in that period, the Gas have been unable to get out of League One"

I beg to differ. Even had a spell as a non league side 

"in the South" ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Given our terrible form at the moment, plus our tendency to lose to lower league opposition in the cup, I’m baffled as to why anyone would want us to draw them. It’s the ultimate banana skin and we have nothing to prove by playing and beating them.

I'd dispute that. Our results haven't been brilliant, though playing 2 sides expecting to challenge and one expecting to challenge and with new manager bounce, not unexpected. I think our form has been decent. Should have beaten Swansea and Sheff U, while a draw at M'boro isn't bad. If we play near where we did in the first two of those games, we should be ok.
All these games are against "lower" opposition are potential banana skins, look at Chippenham Saturday :thumbsup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, One Team said:

To be fair though it would be great to get them in the third round.

Every Gashead I know would love to play us in the cup. Why, because they haven't played us in the league for 22 years now.

There is absolutely no upside to playing them in the cup for us. They would treat it as their cup final, whereas we would collectively just be paranoid about losing to them, and further fuelling their "We're coming to get you" mantra nonsense.

Can you imagine the utter s### that we would have to listen to coming from Barton in the run up to the game. Followed no doubt by a pumped up Rovers team probably taking out every City player going, to prove to their manager that they were "Up for it". It would be Ian Alexander x 11 out there, complete carnage. Not to mention, a nightmare situation outside the ground, before, during; and after the game.

When we had to play them in the league, it was of course a necessity to play them twice over the course of a season. I would be very, very careful what we wish for here.

• Like 12
  • Flames 4

26 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'd dispute that. Our results haven't been brilliant, though playing 2 sides expecting to challenge and one expecting to challenge and with new manager bounce, not unexpected. I think our form has been decent. Should have beaten Swansea and Sheff U, while a draw at M'boro isn't bad. If we play near where we did in the first two of those games, we should be ok.
All these games are against "lower" opposition are potential banana skins, look at Chippenham Saturday :thumbsup:

Performances might have been okay, but form is about results and we’re definitely way down there in the form table. I’m not confident of beating Lincoln tonight, so I certainly wouldn’t be confident of beating the saggies in their cup final. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Every Gashead I know would love to play us in the cup. Why, because they haven't played us in the league for 22 years now.

There is absolutely no upside to playing them in the cup for us. They would treat it as their cup final, whereas we would collectively just be paranoid about losing to them, and further fuelling their "We're coming to get you" mantra nonsense.

Can you imagine the utter s### that we would have to listen to coming from Barton in the run up to the game. Followed no doubt by a pumped up Rovers team probably taking out every City player going, to prove to their manager that they were "Up for it". It would be Ian Alexander x 11 out there, complete carnage. Not to mention, a nightmare situation outside the ground, before, during; and after the game.

When we had to play them in the league, it was of course a necessity to play them twice over the course of a season. I would be very, very careful what we wish for here.

I wouldn't look forward to playing you, due to how silly things had got off the pitch the last few times we played.  Likely to be even worse next time, as the police tactics seem to be to stand back and film, then use this evidence to make arrests at a later date.  A shame, as the atmosphere inside the ground is usually cracking, but had enough of the shenanigins outside. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I wouldn't look forward to playing you, due to how silly things had got off the pitch the last few times we played.  Likely to be even worse next time, as the police tactics seem to be to stand back and film, then use this evidence to make arrests at a later date.  A shame, as the atmosphere inside the ground is usually cracking, but had enough of the shenanigins outside. 

You need to let some of your fan base know then because a number of them are still ‘prowed’

1508CC14-8F88-41BC-AB34-8F62B0289BCF.jpeg.f5d6e3d71d7b5cc6269065698627cd50.jpeg

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Or we play them and smash them 5-0 and laugh at Barton when he looses it with big Nige and gets sent off

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

I for one would love to see them back in the conference where they belong.

Worst nightmare would be to draw them in the cup and god forbid them end up getting some sort of creditable result. We'd never hear the last of it!

Christ, it's bad enough that they think that 1990 and 1982 are still relevant.

Hopefully Boreham Wood will provide us with something to laugh about like Barrow, Hitchin, Kettering, Bath and the mighty Chesham United have over the years. Much more entertaining.

Take their god awful song about someone's granny and their knuckle dragging 2 teeth neanderthal 70's thugs elsewhere thanks very much.

Everyone forgets HAYES !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

I for one would love to see them back in the conference where they belong.

Worst nightmare would be to draw them in the cup and god forbid them end up getting some sort of creditable result. We'd never hear the last of it!

Christ, it's bad enough that they think that 1990 and 1982 are still relevant.

Hopefully Boreham Wood will provide us with something to laugh about like Barrow, Hitchin, Kettering, Bath and the mighty Chesham United have over the years. Much more entertaining.

Take their god awful song about someone's granny and their knuckle dragging 2 teeth neanderthal 70's thugs elsewhere thanks very much.

Worst draw we could get would be these scum bags . We stand to gain absolutely nothing from playing them. 

I’d happily go the rest of my life without another Bristol Derby 

• Like 9
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1