IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

54 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Having been born in and lived the first 35 years of my life in St George, I completely agree. BS5 was red - the blue area was from the Kingswood end of the Kingsway through to Warmley and Cadbury Heath. 

First 23 for me, fair few of my vintage (born ‘63) were reds.

• Like 4

On 29/12/2022 at 14:13, In the Net said:

As of yesterday, I am cancer free - so you can take the kid gloves off and get back to abusing me! ?

Thank you to everybody for your kind words of support, very much appreciated, I can assure you. 

Absolutely fantastic news mate, made up for you, got my checks tomorrow hopefully I'll get some news like yours x

• Like 11

On 01/01/2023 at 16:02, Rudolf Hucker said:

Having been born in and lived the first 35 years of my life in St George, I completely agree. BS5 was red - the blue area was from the Kingswood end of the Kingsway through to Warmley and Cadbury Heath. 

Funny you should say that. As someone from BS15 since the mid 1970s I always thought the opposite, that the Rovers support was more towards the Bristol end of Kingswood. I grew up in the Warmley area and you had Rovers areas around on the old estates (Soundwell, Banjo Island, Mangotsfield etc) but since the late 70s early 80s many new houses went gone up in Kingswood, Warmley, Longwell Green, Emersons Green, Bridgeyate and so on and people parachuted in from all over the place and brought their allegiances with them. My family moved into one of those brand new estates in the 70s and it was split red and blue right down the middle. I found much the same at school, kids football, workplaces and pubs in the area.

I still live in BS15 and my road has about 25 houses. Four known Rovers households of which one lot attend matches, and seven City households of which four regularly got to games. That's the thing that's always stood out for me, those claiming to be City actually went to some of the games, while many of the Rovers lot hardly ever or indeed never went to watch them.    

Edited by Kingswood Robin
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Retired or semi retired , aka do it for free or can we pay as little as possible

what an embarrassing post for a league 1 club 

Some Rovers players will be getting thousands of pounds a week. They should be paying the maintenance and other non-playing staff a decent wage, not scrimping over a few quid to give even more to Lewis Gibson.

11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Be good if, with the hand of true friendship, some retired or semi-retired shithead tradesmen or women could offer assistance and really f’ck up their plumbing and electrics. 

Unlucky da shit…….is backed up in all the bogs as they’re blocked and is now spilling into the home changing rooms.

• Like 1