IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

Well it is ONLY 3,000 more than their biggest home crowd of the season, and probably for many seasons, even though it was a 12.30 Sunday ko and admission wasn’t  included with season tickets. 

Don't try to reason with dumb people, it isn't worth the time or effort. Made I laugh though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

….or it could be a chance to sit down on a proper seat, in a proper stand, in a proper stadium, eating fresh food and genuine drinks……knowing you’ll never have any of those luxuries that 91 other league teams take for granted .

D8F12BF7-1D41-4F22-8DB7-E20B53681D20.jpeg

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MrBibs said:

Well it is ONLY 3,000 more than their biggest home crowd of the season, and probably for many seasons, even though it was a 12.30 Sunday ko and admission wasn’t  included with season tickets. 

I know the gas head who tweeted this & he’s actually a decent bloke until you talk to him about City or Rovers. Loved the comment about Rovers being the Prince Harry of Bristol football as he loses all sense of reason & the bitterness & jealousy oozes out. 

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

I know the gas head who tweeted this & he’s actually a decent bloke until you talk to him about City or Rovers. Loved the comment about Rovers being the Prince Harry of Bristol football as he loses all sense of reason & the bitterness & jealousy oozes out. 

I know quite a few who are the same. They can go on about City, but as soon as you mention something about Rovers they start off with something like, “I wasn’t going to bite, but you made me” and then all of the bitterness and hatred comes flying out.

• Flames 3

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

I know quite a few who are the same. They can go on about City, but as soon as you mention something about Rovers they start off with something like, “I wasn’t going to bite, but you made me” and then all of the bitterness and hatred comes flying out.

They’re some weird cult (and yes, I did spell that word correctly).

I never discuss football with any that work for me, absolutely no point, they have some collective thinking going on where it always starts with “poor result for you on Saturday” probably when we’ve drawn with the likes of Sunderland or Middlesbrough, because they can’t wait to point out that they beat Cambridge or Cheltenham.

**** them.

• Flames 2

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They’re some weird cult (and yes, I did spell that word correctly).

I never discuss football with any that work for me, absolutely no point, they have some collective thinking going on where it always starts with “poor result for you on Saturday” probably when we’ve drawn with the likes of Sunderland or Middlesbrough, because they can’t wait to point out that they beat Cambridge or Cheltenham.

**** them.

Agree to the points above and I’ll add another to the mix: any gashead in my family (they married into the family) or friends who are ‘floating’ gas will seem to jump on the bandwagon with us when we do well claiming “it’s so good to see Bristol teams doing well”. 

They are really a special kind of weird. 

• Like 1

Back when they were rivals we used to argue a lot, as you'd imagine. But constant replies like, "that's in the past" when we would say about a run of wins. While they would constantly try and remind us of any win they had had in the previous decade.

As Graham said **** 'em

• Like 1

I know we’ve had a bit of fun over the years with this thread but “The Gap” is getting narrower by the second now and I for one am getting just a tad concerned . They are now just 13 league positions below us in the proverbial pyramid ! If we played them next week I would not be confident of a win and they are closer to our league position now than we are to Milwall !!! We may take the pish out of their crowds and stadium but they could end up in the Championship next season , horrifyingly at our expense !!!!! 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I know we’ve had a bit of fun over the years with this thread but “The Gap” is getting narrower by the second now and I for one am getting just a tad concerned . They are now just 13 league positions below us in the proverbial pyramid ! If we played them next week I would not be confident of a win and they are closer to our league position now than we are to Milwall !!! We may take the pish out of their crowds and stadium but they could end up in the Championship next season , horrifyingly at our expense !!!!! 

God it’s pathetic…

Sort it out mate.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

….or it could be a chance to sit down on a proper seat, in a proper stand, in a proper stadium, eating fresh food and genuine drinks……knowing you’ll never have any of those luxuries that 91 other league teams take for granted .

D8F12BF7-1D41-4F22-8DB7-E20B53681D20.jpeg

Doesn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know….they’re a bunch of plastics who don’t fill their tiny stadium because it’s a bit rough around the edges but can’t wait to get to any ex Prem ground with comfy seats and take selfies….and they think that makes them better supporters ?

No wonder Wally is hesitant to get them a new stadium, he knows that after the first season novelty their crowds will be back to the same pathetic sub 10k numbers they’ve had their entire history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Doesn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know….they’re a bunch of plastics who don’t fill their tiny stadium because it’s a bit rough around the edges but can’t wait to get to any ex Prem ground with comfy seats and take selfies….and they think that makes them better supporters ?

No wonder Wally is hesitant to get them a new stadium, he knows that after the first season novelty their crowds will be back to the same pathetic sub 10k numbers they’ve had their entire history.

They'll be getting 25k a week dont you know.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

They'll be getting 25k a week dont you know.

Yeah course they would ?

They haven’t averaged over 10k for nearly 50 years, can’t even fill the Mem unless their capacity is reduced. 

We’re 7th or 8th highest average home support in the Championship which is superb considering the dross we’ve put up with over the last few years.

They barely sold 5k STs after getting promoted.

loyal n true’ ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yeah course they would ?

They haven’t averaged over 10k for nearly 50 years, can’t even fill the Mem unless their capacity is reduced. 

We’re 7th or 8th highest average home support in the Championship which is superb considering the dross we’ve put up with over the last few years.

They barely sold 5k STs after getting promoted.

loyal n true’ ?

As you said nearly 50 years

1976/77 season was the last time with an ave of 10,022

Good job they played us that season As over 26K watched us at their place

so even then they needed us

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

As you said nearly 50 years

1976/77 season was the last time with an ave of 10,022

Good job they played us that season As over 26K watched us at their place

so even then they needed us

75/76 surely Malty? We were in Div 1 In 76/77.

I remember the league game at Eastville in our promotion season and there was red on all 4 sides of their racing track, even the supposedly impregnable tote end.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Super said:

He was poor from what i saw just kept getting offside.

I think you're perhaps forgetting that he is a league one player playing against currently the best team in the Premier League. He did well, and was a pain in the arse... nal (making this little joke was my sole intention).

• Haha 2