IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

Haven't seen on slag chat for months so had a venture over there

Amazing how suddenly they don't care about the cup, two games from Wembley and the interest amazingly changes

I wandered over to have a little look. Standard goings on....

• Real opportunity to get to Wembley....could take at least 40k
  • Having a group 'tug' over taking apparently in excess of 4k to Notts County for a Mickey Mouse Cup game during the 20th century
  • A Plymouth fan joined up and wished them luck, mentioned that both clubs were underachievers = "Ted" ignored by every Gashead on the forum
  • Who needs Wembley when they have got 'Membley' which is now waterlogged due to drainage issues = Typically Tinpot "The Gift"
Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, phantom said:

Amazing how suddenly they don't care about the cup, two games from Wembley and the interest amazingly changes

….. haven’t they realised, this could have bought them some Championship ready drainage to go with their sprinklers on the cabbage patch???

38 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

I wandered over to have a little look. Standard goings on....

• Real opportunity to get to Wembley....could take at least 40k
  • Having a group 'tug' over taking apparently in excess of 4k to Notts County for a Mickey Mouse Cup game during the 20th century
  • A Plymouth fan joined up and wished them luck, mentioned that both clubs were underachievers = "Ted" ignored by every Gashead on the forum
  • Who needs Wembley when they have got 'Membley' which is now waterlogged due to drainage issues = Typically Tinpot "The Gift"

According to the post yesterday it’s the best playing pitch in the league 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The real loser here is the Wembley Stadium company who would have had a guaranteed full house made up entirely of Gasheads. And a mini bus driver.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Yes, I’m sure the “boycott” would have been magically forgotten if they’d reached Wembley, the bunch of throbbers. Their league attendances are only four figures anyway so it isn’t much of a boycott. :)

More broadly, it’s plain to see this EFL Trophy boycott hasn’t worked - crowds were always tiny up until the final unless there was a derby pairing and in the U21 participation era we saw a record crowd for the final in Pompey v Sunderland (Take note, Gastards, two teams who know how to fill Wembley).

I’m just glad we won it three times before it turned into this travesty of a competition and hoping against hope we don’t become eligible for it again any time soon!

• Like 1

• Admin
33 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Yes, I’m sure the “boycott” would have been magically forgotten if they’d reached Wembley, the bunch of throbbers. Their league attendances are only four figures anyway so it isn’t much of a boycott. :)

More broadly, it’s plain to see this EFL Trophy boycott hasn’t worked - crowds were always tiny up until the final unless there was a derby pairing and in the U21 participation era we saw a record crowd for the final in Pompey v Sunderland (Take note, Gastards, two teams who know how to fill Wembley).

I’m just glad we won it three times before it turned into this travesty of a competition and hoping against hope we don’t become eligible for it again any time soon!

The thing that I thought was odd on slag chat they were glad that they were out because of the U21 involvement, but those sides are long out of the competition so the later rounds have been back to what it always was

2 hours ago, phantom said:

The thing that I thought was odd on slag chat they were glad that they were out because of the U21 involvement, but those sides are long out of the competition so the later rounds have been back to what it always was

Yes, they were also glad to get papped out of the FA Trophy at the first hurdle in 2014 because it was full of tinpot teams…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Here are some "highlights"

Both goals taken well, but bloody hell there are some bad misses. Should have been 5 at least judging by that .

They really didn't want to get to Wembley did they, sorry don't they spell it Wembely ?

According to the Bristol Live article of 9th Jan which states Joey Barton cant 'bear' Plymouth and i quote

Joey Barton has dismissed any suggestion he will use Tuesday's EFL Trophy quarter-final clash with South West rivals Plymouth Argyle to rest and rotate; the Bristol Rovers boss says this one is personal.

Today the story is

First-team coach Andy Mangan says Bristol Rovers did not want to risk injuries to their star players who went unused as substitutes as the Gas were knocked out in the EFL Trophy quarter-finals by Plymouth Argyle on Tuesday.

Aaron Collins, Josh Coburn and Scott Sinclair were sat in a dugout packed with quality throughout as Argyle won 2-0 in difficult conditions in BS7, with Ben Waine and Ryan Hardie punishing some lax defending in the first half.

Firstly what changed and is it factually correct that the Rovers bench is packed with quality!!

Edited by Redsi2
Removed blank lines
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

According to the Bristol Live article of 9th Jan which states Joey Barton cant 'bear' Plymouth and i quote

Joey Barton has dismissed any suggestion he will use Tuesday's EFL Trophy quarter-final clash with South West rivals Plymouth Argyle to rest and rotate; the Bristol Rovers boss says this one is personal.

Today the story is

First-team coach Andy Mangan says Bristol Rovers did not want to risk injuries to their star players who went unused as substitutes as the Gas were knocked out in the EFL Trophy quarter-finals by Plymouth Argyle on Tuesday.

Aaron Collins, Josh Coburn and Scott Sinclair were sat in a dugout packed with quality throughout as Argyle won 2-0 in difficult conditions in BS7, with Ben Waine and Ryan Hardie punishing some lax defending in the first half.

Firstly what changed and is it factually correct that the Rovers bench is packed with quality!!

It might be a very fine bench covered in leatherette (or pleather ) and stuffed with the finest horse hair, we just don't know !

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Both goals taken well, but bloody hell there are some bad misses. Should have been 5 at least judging by that .

They really didn't want to get to Wembley did they, sorry don't they spell it Wembely ?

Well for a quarter final the crowds at the Mem, certainly did the club justice. 3,742 with 678 away fans (from their official site).

How any gas head can make comment on us getting 12k last Sunday is beyond me. Just over 3k of their own fans turned up..... the mind boggles.

1 minute ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Well for a quarter final the crowds at the Mem, certainly did the club justice. 3,742 with 678 away fans (from their official site).

How any gas head can make comment on us getting 12k last Sunday is beyond me. Just over 3k of their own fans turned up..... the mind boggles.

I hope you're not looking for them to supply any common sense or intelligent thought. You may have to wait a while.
Criticising a crowd size that you haven't got near for years, is a very gAss thing to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

That's 3742 too many - haven't been to a game since the Prem youngsters have been playing in it. 

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, In the Net said:

That's 3742 too many - haven't been to a game since the Prem youngsters have been playing in it. 

Maybe only 3742 but still plenty more than previous games in the competition. I'll believe that one or two of the Blue Few posters on here would boycott right through, but we all know the majority were getting proper little stiffies about the prospect of a trip to "Wembly". 

Well chuffed they lost...?

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Today the story is

Without wanting to defend those North of the river I am led to believe that the team selection was drastically changed (by both sides) after the heavy rain during the day and the poor forecast for the evening made the pitch so heavy that neither side wanted to risk certain first choice players 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Today the story is

"Packed with quality" :laugh:

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Without wanting to defend those North of the river I am led to believe that the team selection was drastically changed (by both sides) after the heavy rain during the day and the poor forecast for the evening made the pitch so heavy that neither side wanted to risk certain first choice players 

This is the problem with having Championship ready sprinklers; the temptation to use them is too great regardless of the heavy rain.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

This is the problem with having Championship ready sprinklers; the temptation to use them is too great regardless of the heavy rain.

Joey was seriously planning on making the players change their boots at half time against Plymuff, but didn’t have enough money to buy a pair of these for the whole team, so didn’t bother

253C7B5E-55B1-4019-BD38-5986D84F4648.jpeg

On 11/01/2023 at 14:10, Port Said Red said:

Amazed that "Joe" Barton didn't change shirts at halftime, that looks much more of a colour clash than the Exeter game to me.

I thought that but was easy to tell them apart. One team were playing some decent Football, the others were that Shite from the North!

• Flames 1