IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

As I've said before, I live fairly close to the Memorial Ground and whilst there are indeed group of them on a match-day (as you would expect) none of the local pubs seems to be 'Gas pubs' - in so far as they are quite happy to take their cash on a match-day, but during the week..... You'd not know they were there. 

In fact, other than on a match day, I don't think I've seen a single Rovers shirt being sported as everyday clothing. Granted, I've not seen any City shirts either around here, but given how close to the ground I am, you'd think that after 20 years (is it?) they've been there, they would have conscripted a fair number of locals. 

But no. Nothing. 

Been living very near the Tinpottery for many years, and over that time we've had a number of neighbours who were City season ticket holders.

Meanwhile, one guy just up the road, a lifelong gashead from Filton, goes to the occasional Rovers home game. Oh and another near neighbour does attend semi regularly, though he's an exiled Palace fan, content to just take in a local game while watching proper football on Sky.

As far as I personally am concerned after 20-odd years living near the 'vibrant Gloucester Road', BS7 is and always has been red as fu@k

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Is that 8542 plus 1300 or are they deliberately misrepresenting?

It’s like a disease with those morons isn’t it? 

26 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Good support that to be fair to Ipswich, long old trek on a Tuesday night.

very good considering the Gas took 200 to Portman Road.

Its what they do

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Can’t see anyone catching them now 

Hope not.

Argyle got beat at Wednesday, lost their keeper for the season as a result (ACL) & one of their best centre backs injured, too.

Their response has been to beat Pompey & win at Oxford tonight, superb effort, no sign of wobbling at all.

Hope they do it.

37 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Oh and another near neighbour does attend semi regularly, though he's an exiled Palace fan, content to just take in a local game while watching proper football on Sky.

Sounds like someone I know of, JA?

37 minutes ago, City Rocker said:
Edited by chowie

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I thought they needed a larger stadium for these games against the 'big six'

I would imagine a good percentage of these watching tonight would be walk-in supporters. I wonder how that would affect home attendances if they were to move over to the fruit market site?

Edited by RedLionLad

1 hour ago, City Rocker said:

Been living very near the Tinpottery for many years, and over that time we've had a number of neighbours who were City season ticket holders.

Meanwhile, one guy just up the road, a lifelong gashead from Filton, goes to the occasional Rovers home game. Oh and another near neighbour does attend semi regularly, though he's an exiled Palace fan, content to just take in a local game while watching proper football on Sky.

As far as I personally am concerned after 20-odd years living near the 'vibrant Gloucester Road', BS7 is and always has been red as fu@k

I live around here as well - Glos Cricket ground out of the back bedroom window and the Shithole just about visible from the top front bedroom - a terrible situation to be in for a City and Somerset fan ?.
But I’d agree - they are barely noticeable - even on match days.   Took the dog out at 6.30ish today and was walking down Glos Road and there were more Ipswich Town around than Fewers.    Generally see a few in the pubs like the Lazy Dog, Royal Oak and Forresters on match days but there’s more of them in the chippies round and about.  Maybe they drink further away? No idea where their ‘proper’ pubs are - nor where away fans drink either. Like I said - barely noticeable.  

• Like 1

Missed the game.    Spent most of the evening in bed with a cold / virus, (and) getting well again is paramount over a game of football, but taking reaction from our own fanbase on the game just passed, it makes for some grim reading.     By all accounts we were shit, I mean, drastically awful and totally ineffective, although the BBC website would beg to differ by implying that (we played well at times and created chances etc).     Not saying they're wrong but I'm prepared to side with my our fans version of events, and the general consensus being it was absolutely dire from us - and them, actually - and any chance of promotion from League One, is in reality, getting shorter by the week.      It was rubbish essentially, both Town and Rovers.     Both as bad as each other. 

Maybe I'm not 100 per cent on the accuracy of it all but it was basically the very definition of a contest where gate-paying attendees should be entitled to a refund, no questions asked.     If you look on our Tractor Boys website, there's a 6 page thread indulging tonight's contest and the comments - while some seem exaggerated even from a Town fan's perspective - are heartfelt and the issue of growing animosity / confusion (towards McKenna) as manager are clear.    Personally I think he's done wonders for us, but you'd have to see the games and follow week in week out like myself to properly understand it's not as clear cut as that.   

It's a shame, thought we'd win tonight.     Got up for some water / aspirin and (had to) see what imagined to be a victory and get reading some reaction that I've seen all too many times before.      We dropped two points tonight that's the way I see it.   All right, even Bristol Rovers are there to be beaten but it's like we didn't really try to take a victory from it.     Hate to say it, but I think McKenna would view a  0 - 0   draw over there against that lot as a very good result and 'at least we didn't lose', you know, that level of philosophy.       We've had managers like that before, and right now, in a promotion chasing venture, it's not really the ideology you need to progress.  

(If you look on the aforementioned TB. forum), Some fans are asking for his resignation or someone else to take over at Town.      That would have been insane or utterly ludicrous only a few weeks ago, maybe months back, but after tonight, got round to thinking they just may be on to something.    Tried posting this a moment ago, got logged-out for some reason, so hopefully, this time it goes through.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Missed the game.    Spent most of the evening in bed with a cold / virus, (and) getting well again is paramount over a game of football, but taking reaction from our own fanbase on the game just passed, it makes for some grim reading.     By all accounts we were shit, I mean, drastically awful and totally ineffective, although the BBC website would beg to differ by implying that (we played well at times and created chances etc).     Not saying they're wrong but I'm prepared to side with my our fans version of events, and the general consensus being it was absolutely dire from us - and them, actually - and any chance of promotion from League One, is in reality, getting shorter by the week.      It was rubbish essentially, both Town and Rovers.     Both as bad as each other. 

Maybe I'm not 100 per cent on the accuracy of it all but it was basically the very definition of a contest where gate-paying attendees should be entitled to a refund, no questions asked.     If you look on our Tractor Boys website, there's a 6 page thread indulging tonight's contest and the comments - while some seem exaggerated even from a Town fan's perspective - are heartfelt and the issue of growing animosity / confusion (towards McKenna) as manager are clear.    Personally I think he's done wonders for us, but you'd have to see the games and follow week in week out like myself to properly understand it's not as clear cut as that.   

It's a shame, thought we'd win tonight.     Got up for some water / aspirin and (had to) see what imagined to be a victory and get reading some reaction that I've seen all too many times before.      We dropped two points tonight that's the way I see it.   All right, even Bristol Rovers are there to be beaten but it's like we didn't really try to take a victory from it.     Hate to say it, but I think McKenna would view a  0 - 0   draw over there against that lot as a very good result and 'at least we didn't lose', you know, that level of philosophy.       We've had managers like that before, and right now, in a promotion chasing venture, it's not really the ideology you need to progress.  

(If you look on the aforementioned TB. forum), Some fans are asking for his resignation or someone else to take over at Town.      That would have been insane or utterly ludicrous only a few weeks ago, maybe months back, but after tonight, got round to thinking they just may be on to something.    Tried posting this a moment ago, got logged-out for some reason, so hopefully, this time it goes through.   

With all possible respect SB, it was dire, absolutely miles away from Championship level but you would realise that.

Hopefully, from your point of view, it was a bad night but (I watched it on IPTV to see how good you were tbh ) dreadfully slow and your front players just ain't good enough for the Championship, they could trap a ball further than most of ours could kick it! 

Move on to Saturday and blame the gash for putting 10 behind the ball (at home!). I'm sure you're better than I saw.

11 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Is that 8542 plus 1300 or are they deliberately misrepresenting?

What a strange little club they are. Always banging on about how big their support is. They actually believe they are a big club, it's bazaar behaviour. The fact is they were playing one of the bigger and more attractive clubs in their league so the home attendance should've reflected this. Ipswich did their part in selling out their allocation for a Tuesday night which is no mean feat. A paltry 7,200 window lickers bothered to turn up which really shows their level. Tinpot.

• Like 3