IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I see Barton is having a pop at Burton already after admitting he set his side up to play Ipswich on the counter. Justified it by saying that Ipswich had a budget of £15m compared to their £3m. Well Burton probably have a budget of £1m compared to their £3m. Some Sag said he had a unique footballing brain. I think they might be right…….

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What sort of structure could you possibly create in that timeframe? As the tented stuff there at present would have to be dismantled, too?

This is going to be another shit temporary structure, isn’t it?

The talk of the few is that a prefabricated stand could be used, although they also state that this would mean losing the current facilities...

I'm sure they can find another wall to piss against though.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Has to be doesn’t it, unless planning permission has suddenly become a swift, efficient well oiled machine. Oh…. hold on, don’t they have previous of not applying for that. Best keep quiet ?

You`ve just spotted the excuse they`ll use for when nothing happens (again). Planning held it up resulting in costs spiralling making it no longer financially viable.

• Like 1

Just now, Marcus Aurelius said:

Is he not just essentially insulting all the Gasheads? Saying you're all dim enough to be distracted by football? Very weird man.

Well this is just it. As he's simply posted an extract from a book it's very hard to understand his meaning.

It could certainly be read as Barton speaking to the football-watching proles and warning them that he merely need stir the "primitive patriotism" that they feel for the Gas in order to get them to accept the shite he serves up on the pitch. He then laughs that they cannot direct their discontent because they lack the brainpower or education to focus it on anything beyond "petty specific grievances".

He may as well have posted "Live, Laugh, Love" and be done with it.

He's the biggest pseud I've ever seen. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Borderline unreadable.

"...hope, which for some has trickled into expectation." What? What on earth does that mean?

"undoubtably"...sorry do you mean the relatively common English word "undoubtedly".

"...a desire by them all..." surely the desire comes from them all?

"...discussed within the Board minutes..." I assume it was discussed at the Board meeting, and then minutes were produced.

I cannot be arsed to read further. What a load of rubbish.

A classic example of someone who thinks they're clever absolutely violating the language.

'We enter 2 home games in 4 days'

And as for describing Paul Stewart's talk as 'touching'... I can't even

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Borderline unreadable.

"...hope, which for some has trickled into expectation." What? What on earth does that mean?

"undoubtably"...sorry do you mean the relatively common English word "undoubtedly".

"...a desire by them all..." surely the desire comes from them all?

"...discussed within the Board minutes..." I assume it was discussed at the Board meeting, and then minutes were produced.

I cannot be arsed to read further. What a load of rubbish.

The man is completely illiterut

• Haha 5

Joey reveals a new superpower..... The ability to "smell" emotion.

"He’s a man under pressure. I could smell that on them and I knew that before with the results profile"

He goes on to say that this was the reason he set his team up so negatively, which makes no sense. Why wouldn't you go for it, if you think your opponent is fearful of losing?