IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I heard their scum bag manager talking to Twentyman* a couple of weeks ago where he stated they were ‘knocking on the door of promotion’. They are 18 points off sixth having played two more games, knocking on the door of promotion indeed!

I’ve heard some nonsense over the years from people trying to big up bang average teams by saying how close they are to the playoffs, but this must take the biscuit.

*As an aside, has anybody noticed Twentyman’s absolute refusal to call him Joey? Just always makes me chuckle while everyone else is, but Twentyman will only ever call him Joe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

Rovers play Port Vale at the end of April. Matty Taylor is on loan at Port Vale. Imagine him scoring the goal that sends them down

Managed by their “hero” Darryl.

Bring it on !

That scenario would be brilliant, let’s all pray to our respective Gods

Edited by fanjita
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Division three isn't one I'd like to be in at present, there are several very strong clubs blocking anyone else from coming anywhere near promotion and then there are some terrible sides jostling for relegation so every other club only has a nothing season of treading water to which to look forward each year.

Maybe it's been like that for a while as we really struggled to get out of it for years despite most of us expecting a rapid bounce back following relegation.

It took 2 seasons and we won the league??

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

I heard their scum bag manager talking to Twentyman* a couple of weeks ago where he stated they were ‘knocking on the door of promotion’. They are 18 points off sixth having played two more games, knocking on the door of promotion indeed!

I’ve heard some nonsense over the years from people trying to big up bang average teams by saying how close they are to the playoffs, but this must take the biscuit.

*As an aside, has anybody noticed Twentyman’s absolute refusal to call him Joey? Just always makes me chuckle while everyone else is, but Twentyman will only ever call him Joe.

Absolutely no doubt at all!

joey-barton-promotion.gif

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

A couple of posters on here were tipping them for the playoffs a few weeks ago! ?? I pointed out their negative goal difference and terrible record against the better teams….

They are now 18 points off 6th place having played two games more. Still think they can do it?

By the same token, thinking they are going to be relegated is wishful thinking. They probably only need a couple more wins to be safe. 

Spot on.

If you look at the relegation battle in our division everyone is picking up points.

The bottom 5 in their division are shite, Forest Green have already gone, then Morecambe, Cambridge & Accrington are all struggling big time. MK Dons have picked up a bit but no way will a couple of these sides catch them.

The bigger point is this, some clowns on here were predicting a Bristol Derby next season or even us swapping divisions.

Their team changes each transfer window as 5 of them are different loan players, alongside his collection of Scouse ex-Fleetwood dross, they are going nowhere under the convict, he’s a mediocre manager who gets publicity because of his history & social media presence.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

If you look at the relegation battle in our division everyone is picking up points.

The bottom 5 in their division are shite, Forest Green have already gone, then Morecambe, Cambridge & Accrington are all struggling big time. MK Dons have picked up a bit but no way will a couple of these sides catch them.

The bigger point is this, some clowns on here were predicting a Bristol Derby next season or even us swapping divisions.

Their team changes each transfer window as 5 of them are different loan players, alongside his collection of Scouse ex-Fleetwood dross, they are going nowhere under the convict, he’s a mediocre manager who gets publicity because of his history & social media presence.

He has to do it again in a few months if he is still there too. They only have one player that is so called worth anything so he will be gone with any half decent offer too.

Just imagine if they did even go up. The loan players would probably still be gone, and he would have to try and replace them with even better players for next to nothing and compete with Championship clubs for probably the same players. Wage demands will be a lot higher across the board, who could he even attract in the Championship with their ground. I honestly think it would be quite funny if they went up, as it would put them further behind and in even more debt.

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I believe we were `lucky` in a sense that in the season we ran away with the league it was a relatively weak division. It was only really Blades & PNE that were close to us in terms of real competition with the likes of Swindon & MK Dons pushing at the next level down. That`s not to say we weren`t brilliant and deserved to be champions but I think it might be a different story nowadays.

Unbelievable to think Chesterfield were in the last play off spot and Coventry & Barnsley nowhere.

Didn’t Swindon & PNE blow it on the last day of the season ?