IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

If you look at the relegation battle in our division everyone is picking up points.

The bottom 5 in their division are shite, Forest Green have already gone, then Morecambe, Cambridge & Accrington are all struggling big time. MK Dons have picked up a bit but no way will a couple of these sides catch them.

The bigger point is this, some clowns on here were predicting a Bristol Derby next season or even us swapping divisions.

Their team changes each transfer window as 5 of them are different loan players, alongside his collection of Scouse ex-Fleetwood dross, they are going nowhere under the convict, he’s a mediocre manager who gets publicity because of his history & social media presence.

I agree they won't go down but haven't they recently lost to the shite Morecambe, Accrington and MK ?

22 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Funny enough just looked up their form as it seemed like they had been dicked a lot lately.

LLLLLDL is impressive , away to Oxford, home to Barnsley then away to FGR. Could be an interesting match up , Big Dunc and Big Gob.

So I'm plodding down the hill into Nailsworth for a lunchtime drinkie in the town on that Saturday, as I can't get away from work in time for the early ko v Blackpool.  I look forward to having a free cabaret / laugh at the effin' clowns session in the town before FGFC's cup final.  If anyone else is fancying a giggle at the less fortunate, drop me a pm.  OTIB

41 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A lot of local businesses sponsor both clubs as it stops a section of their customer base not using them because they support `the other lot`.

Yes I can see that , but they wouldn’t be losing much of a customer base would they if they only sponsored city ??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

On 18/02/2023 at 17:21, E.J.Thribb said:

Love to imagine the desperate gash fans holding out for us to lose, if only to improve their shitty day watching the mighty Burton beat them, then seeing we’ve equalised. I bet their faces were an utter picture :D 

Lets be fair to them,their faces are never a picture!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bearded_red said:

*As an aside, has anybody noticed Twentyman’s absolute refusal to call him Joey? Just always makes me chuckle while everyone else is, but Twentyman will only ever call him Joe.

When Twentyman first interviewed Barton, he asked whether he preferred to be called "Joey, Joe or Joseph".  Barton told him that he prefers to be called Joe, hence GT always refers to him as such. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, In the Net said:

When Twentyman first interviewed Barton, he asked whether he preferred to be called "Joey, Joe or Joseph".  Barton told him that he prefers to be called Joe, hence GT always refers to him as such. 

Odd question in the first place from GT.

No one else in the football world calls him Joe, and no one else is likely to no matter how much Twentyman is fixated on pushing it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, In the Net said:

I bet that was the last think JB wanted on his first few days settling into the job - the local sports correspondent asking him complicated questions like that..!

How long did he have to think about it before could answer..?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I bet that was the last think JB wanted on his first few days settling into the job - the local sports correspondent asking him complicated questions like that..!

So used to being called `'the defendant" it would have taken a moment. 

Bull Judge GIF by CBS

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, redkev said:

They have a goal keeper,

you wouldn’t have thought that if you have seen some the goals the have conceded recently 

I took a quick trip to Slagchat to see what sort of meltdown there might be. It seems that the worlds bestest and most liked fans who always get behind the team in adversity were all giving the young keeper a 3/10 and a right slagging. Must have been in the wrong forum? So they’ve got a young ‘un between the sticks who is now probably shitting himself every game and the replacement who has been binned out the squad altogether and will probably throw a few in if he gets recalled to teach Barton a lesson before he ***** off to another club at the end of the season……football genius at work by the special one.

Edited by Numero Uno

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

It wasn't in the first few days, it was when Twentyman did a lengthy interview with him on Having a Gas at the start of this season.  GT is a professional broadcaster, and it's a question which I have occassionaly heard him ask other interviewees, I guess if you're speaking to somebody for an hour, you'd want to address them as per their preference.  Maybe that's what the glasses are for, to project a Joe 90 image? ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1