IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Bitton FC (based in South Glioucs) folded recently.

Not the ideal venue for Rovers, but a ground that can easily accommodate their "enormous" following.

Mind you, it would take the Blue Few a bit of time to get used to such luxury.

I've suddenly become a nimby.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

20 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I didnt realise the upgraded stand that they “should” get is actually a tin roof. They are literally tinpot.

Unbelievable, there better off with the tents , made I chuckle when other teams are upgrading their stands stadium ( I use the term stands / Stadium in the loosest context ) it takes years to plan , design & build yet there popping this thing up in a matter of a few months , god I can’t wait to see what’s erected , will probably be me when I see it ????

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Not necessarily this group but you can almost guarantee one of the Blue Few will go to this and think they're clever by wearing some sort of Rovers clobber and feel the need to post it all over social media as if it's some sort of achievement. Just like when a few went down for their Covid jabs and wore their clown outfits!

"Look at me I wore da famous quarterz at Trashton"!

Seen it fairly often at Bears games. I think the novelty wore off when then soon realised no one actually gave a ****, and they didn’t get any drama. 

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

What book? One of those "we always took the East End" fairy tale books .

Bovva, I never knew the author of that book would bring me such joy

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Seen it fairly often at Bears games. I think the novelty wore off when then soon realised no one actually gave a ****, and they didn’t get any drama. 

Not when they realised they were just funding their rivals further? ?

Chris Brown originally posted re UWE falling through months before it actually happened, and then broke the story when it did happen, forcing Rovers to put out a statement at 11:30pm. I’m hoping he’s spot on again.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

48 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

A mate of mine (sadly a Gashead) has informed me that a group of wives (all Gasheads) are going to Ashton Gate tomorrow for the England Womens game. They have tickets for the Lansdown Stand and have never been to the Gate before. There must be quite a few others going too.

Wouldn’t it be good to see their faces and listen to their reactions as they enter the concourse.

What do you think their first comments would be?

"Ere Shaz, I can't fit all me fingers in the hand dryer" 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Another inbred writes...

"Wael will now surely realise BCC and all their cohorts are anti BRFC. I just hope Wael does not throw in the towel and move on from dealing with this toxic protest central city."

I assume he means Bristol City Council who - to the best of my knowledge - have never turned down any planning application for a new stadium from either football club, or maybe he means the Bristol City Council who don't own or have any commercial interest in the site they were hoping to get this new stadium built and therefore aren't remotely responsible for the sell, development or funding for this venture. 

And the very same BCC who sponsored their bloody club via Bristol Energy.

You have to be a moron of epic proportions to think BCC are anti-gAss but that's gAssholes for you.  

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, redkev said:

Unbelievable, there better off with the tents , made I chuckle when other teams are upgrading their stands stadium ( I use the term stands / Stadium in the loosest context ) it takes years to plan , design & build yet there popping this thing up in a matter of a few months , god I can’t wait to see what’s erected , will probably be me when I see it ????

The 2023/2024 EFL Season starts on August 5th; So they could be at home that weekend or 12th August (and possibly have an EFL cup game that week/before?). This is less than 6 months (actually 172 days) from now until 12th August.

Even assuming they have put in ALL the work ahead of an imminent planning application (and I must have missed the social media post asking retired architects to design a stand for free!) - They still have to wait for approval, contract a company to build this "stand" and build said structure. I think the chances of it being something most fans in the football league call a proper stand (e.g. a permanent concrete structure with concourse, turnstiles, toilets etc) are slim to none.

With the news they have not got their Fruit Market/Pipe dream stadium I am now guessing whatever crap they hurriedly put up over the summer  will be used for a long time to come.

Altogether now "We g0t R stay-deEUm, We g0t R stay-deEUm, We g0t R stay-deEUm!" 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Not necessarily this group but you can almost guarantee one of the Blue Few will go to this and think they're clever by wearing some sort of Rovers clobber and feel the need to post it all over social media as if it's some sort of achievement. Just like when a few went down for their Covid jabs and wore their clown outfits!

"Look at me I wore da famous quarterz at Trashton"!

They'll be wearing their least piss stained shirts, you know, the same ones they wear to court appearances and weddings. 

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Rapper. Beat the hell out of Rihanna.

Cant think why a man who beats up women would be ITK about Rovers matters. No siree.

Probably because she'd taken him to the Mem before they put in tents and the fans fundraised for a roof over a bit of concrete and it was raining.

And Rihanna wouldn't let him stand under her umbrella, brella brella....

Joking aside, domestic abuse is never funny. 

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Bitton Bitter FC (based in South Glioucs) folded recently.

Not the ideal venue for Rovers, but a ground that can easily accommodate their "enormous" following.

Mind you, it would take the Blue Few a bit of time to get used to such luxury.

They wouldn’t need to spend much changing the signs, or wording in the seats if there are any of course 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickNick58 said:

posted on Gasworks an ago :

Chris Brown has put on Facebook that Conygar are no longer interested in building a stadium at FM site.

Not too unhappy as always felt it is a rubbish location to get to.

South Gloucestershire council are Pro us, there must be a bit of land available that we can use.

We need plenty of parking, and let the fans drink in a stadium bar to maximise revenue."

Couldn’t they hijack the arena at filton , think that holds 10,000 enough for the gas and 3,000 away fans ??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Always make me laugh the fewers, Fruit market is a great location with great transport links. Be brilliant 

Now it’s not happening apparently it’s, glad it’s not happening, it’s a shithole and shit head territory, wrong side of the river .

Hope they stay in their little shitty ground 

Can't agree with that in any way shape or form, it's an absolute mare to negotiate now, imagine with a stadium!!

14 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Always make me laugh the fewers, Fruit market is a great location with great transport links. Be brilliant 

Now it’s not happening apparently it’s, glad it’s not happening, it’s a shithole and shit head territory, wrong side of the river .

Hope they stay in their little shitty ground 

Problem is the whole of Bristol ( in there words ) is shitehead territory. As mentioned on other threads I don’t know of an area which they have as a stronghold , 

Frampton cotterill , coalpit heath maybe , possibly Cadbury Heath that’s about it I would say .

there old strongholds ie Yate Kingswood Hanham all very much city now 

1 hour ago, cityal said:

The 2023/2024 EFL Season starts on August 5th; So they could be at home that weekend or 12th August (and possibly have an EFL cup game that week/before?). This is less than 6 months (actually 172 days) from now until 12th August.

Even assuming they have put in ALL the work ahead of an imminent planning application (and I must have missed the social media post asking retired architects to design a stand for free!) - They still have to wait for approval, contract a company to build this "stand" and build said structure. I think the chances of it being something most fans in the football league call a proper stand (e.g. a permanent concrete structure with concourse, turnstiles, toilets etc) are slim to none.

With the news they have not got their Fruit Market/Pipe dream stadium I am now guessing whatever crap they hurriedly put up over the summer  will be used for a long time to come.

No, no, no....All he said was that they would be going into next season with no tented stands.  All that means is that he's removing the tarp from the top of what's there because they realised they could take it back to Go Outdoors for a refund.  So the seats will just be uncovered.  And as for Ground Improvements, this will likely end up being them pressure washing the decking that the seats are on...though knowing them they'll just concentrate on Row M.....!

1 hour ago, cityal said:

They’ll be home on August 12th, because that’s the weekend of the balloon fiesta & we never are home then.

Said this before, if they were really serious then they could develop the Mem one stand at a time, in a smaller version of what we did.

They don’t have the money to do so, though.

The Fewers best chance of success is getting a new stadium that neither club can claim a strong-hold of support in. They've obviously now acknowledged that most areas of Bristol are 'City' and that the Fewers are very much a minority (which is why their plans to increase gate receipts is to sell more tickets to visiting fans.....) 

Therefore, for them to grow they need to attract new support. 

Choose your planet!