IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

44 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

So on the JB thing a lot of gas over on our forum saying it could be nothing - could be as little as a push and everyone’s getting worked up etc. Wait for the full story(why didn’t the club?)

I have saw the tweets from the alleged sister of the alleged victim and they’re not great reading. One implies he punched her head from behind unprovoked and repeatedly, knocked her to the ground and carried on and also spat at her. 

Some more digging reveals she’s said that there is footage and he also attacked police on the scene. 

So there’s footage out there and also tweets with a version of what happened from someone allegedly related to the alleged victim yet some of our moronic idiots are defending it, playing it down and some even saying well lucky us cos we’ve got a good player out of it when we wouldn’t have otherwise!!! 

Even if this is false if the club have done their due diligence they would have found this and waited until the trial!! 

I thought Joey and his nonsense was the final straw but the way gas fans have reacted is completely embarrassing and I don’t think I could ever go to the same stadium full of so many people with so little morals even after Joeys gone. 

Every club has scumbag supporters.

There are posters on Gaschat who are clearly very unhappy about this signing and the reputation Rovers are getting and are not afraid to make themselves unpopular voicing their objections. I respect that.

Incredible to see that other posters who are not so well known are immediately branded ‘shitheads’ stirring the pot as if having morals is something that’s alien to a lot of the posters on there. I can understand yours and others frustration.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I bet they wouldn't, they have never supported sporting success in this City, they would continue to put more and more obstacles in the way for the club and the fans.

Yes your probably right ,  but an anti colston march legal or illegal or a LGBT march they would be all supportive of that .

think we saw that couple of years back , if football fans done what some Pfizer those protesters done ( whether you agree or not ) the police would of been swinging batons with a big smile on there faces and the evening post would have been football scum 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, redkev said:

Yes your probably right ,  but an anti colston march legal or illegal or a LGBT march they would be all supportive of that .

think we saw that couple of years back , if football fans done what some Pfizer those protesters done ( whether you agree or not ) the police would of been swinging batons with a big smile on there faces and the evening post would have been football scum 

At root politicians know that there are no votes to be gained in taking the side of football fans against the police because the great majority of those with no personal knowledge of a particular incident will assume that it was the police dealing with hooliganism and the fans deserved what they got.

I cannot ever see that changing tbh.

If you're a football fan then you are generally assumed to be in the wrong.

The successful overturning of prosecutions by football supporters' groups receive very little publicity outside of football forums.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

At root politicians know that there are no votes to be gained in taking the side of football fans against the police because the great majority of those with no personal knowledge of a particular incident will assume that it was the police dealing with hooliganism and the fans deserved what they got.

The successful overturning of prosecutions by football supporters' groups receive very little publicity outside of football forums.

Sadly very true, apparently we're all mindless yobs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Most football fans will also fall into some other voting demographic to which a politician or party can direct policies to win that vote.

Very few football fans will solely vote by considering a party's football focused policies. Most, if not all, will care about the NHS, immigration, education, the economy etc. Therefore there's no need to develop football specific policies, or to particularly care about football fans as a distinct part of the big venn diagram of voters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Unfortunately a reputation gained in the 70s and 80s that we are all tarred with.

It still amazes me that the people that earned us that reputation are still often lauded (on here, and elsewhere) as top lads or somesuch and people reminicse about those days without challenge

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Unfortunately a reputation gained in the 70s and 80s that we are all tarred with.

It still amazes me that the people that earned us that reputation are still often lauded (on here, and elsewhere) as top lads or somesuch and people reminicse about those days without challenge

It is unfortunate that a reputation hangs around for a long time and is difficult to get rid of, but people themselves can and often do change.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

Meanwhile up at Horfield they are starting construction of the new Bristol Rovers wing

If you hold a general safety certificate, you must notify the local authority before extending, or altering the sports ground or installations - for example, by changing the entrances or exits.

You must allow authorised officers to inspect your sports ground and take copies of your records at any reasonable time.

Failure to comply with the safety certificate requirements may result in a fine and/or imprisonment for up to two years.

• Haha 2

• Admin
11 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Meanwhile up at Horfield they are starting construction of the new Bristol Rovers wing

If you hold a general safety certificate, you must notify the local authority before extending, or altering the sports ground or installations - for example, by changing the entrances or exits.

You must allow authorised officers to inspect your sports ground and take copies of your records at any reasonable time.

Failure to comply with the safety certificate requirements may result in a fine and/or imprisonment for up to two years.

Not sure this really applies 

Just now, phantom said:

I hate to say I'm not honestly sure what you are referring to 

Our in house barrister.

Admittedly third hand information but I'm told the capacity of the stand could be limited to approximately 1400 until permission is granted which may take up to a year and even then would not necessarily be for the requested number. Any breach of the safety certificate requirements could well result in the services of Mr Csoka being called upon.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• Admin
7 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Our in house barrister.

Admittedly third hand information but I'm told the capacity of the stand could be limited to approximately 1400 until permission is granted which may take up to a year and even then would not necessarily be for the requested number. Any breach of the safety certificate requirements could well result in the services of Mr Csoka being called upon.   

Thank you for explanation 

Certainly sounds very likely