IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Anus Breath using a preseason win over Melksham as evidence that they are making progress (drew with them a couple of summers ago). ?

Did you notice the attendance? 2014 - that was a good year for the Rent Boys. ;)

Must have been nice for their syphilis-riddled fans to see a decent ground for once.

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20230701_095349_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230701_095359_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230701_095406_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230701_095414_Drive.jpg

The very definition of tinpot. Already building it without any proper consultation with the local residents and without any planning permission. It shows a TOTAL disregard for anything and anyone else that presumes to get in their way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Anus Breath using a preseason win over Melksham as evidence that they are making progress (drew with them a couple of summers ago). ?

Did you notice the attendance? 2014 - that was a good year for the Rent Boys. ;)

Must have been nice for their syphilis-riddled fans to see a decent ground for once.

Attendance was as you say 2014 , so Barton tweets thanks to our fantastic supporters 2000 + here tonight ! So where did Melksham ‘s 12 supporters sit ? 

Such  a dick ?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TomF said:

I’m waiting for them to be outraged at city fans making comments on the application.

We remember your objections about Ashton Vale

We remember you being the only club in south west who didn’t support the World Cup bid

We remember you laughing at the village green

We remember your objections to Ashton Gate redevelopment. 

SUCK IT UP. 

Tbh i had hoped we would have flooded the portal with objections!

5 minutes ago, cityal said:

Surely that is the old "no row M" bus shelter being torn down?

If it is that is the new stand it is utterly laughable

It's not the new stand.

That's the one they build a couple of Seasons ago that didn't have a row M.

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To confirm how old George Friend is, we were linked with him when Gary Johnson was in charge - he responded “I haven’t phoned a friend” when asked about the link. They are genuinely looking at players we may have considered 15 years ago. That’s how tinpot they are.

They still shopping at Tilson's

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's not the new stand.

That's the one they build a couple of Seasons ago that didn't have a row M.

Back then those a55holes sold tickets for the mirage that is Row M. Now they're selling tickets for an imaginary new stand and the fucktards are once again falling for it. Pure Comedy Gold.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swede said:

The very definition of tinpot. Already building it without any proper consultation with the local residents and without any planning permission. It shows a TOTAL disregard for anything and anyone else that presumes to get in their way. 

That could / should come back to bite them in the arse, extremely arrogant.

Edited by Ska Junkie

• Admin

Any Bemny/Southville blokes of a similar age may remember the Glaswegian barmaid in the Hen and Chicken, I would say around 85-87- her name may have been Ang, but I wouldn’t bet my house on it.

Her favourite phrase was “Why don’t you f**k off and die” whenever I think of the Gas she comes back to me and I think how appropriate her phrase is to my feelings for the gas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That could / should come back to bite them in the arse, extremely arrogant.

It won't , I'm sure our wonderful Mayor will see it's all ok. 

I would guess that any normal person seeking Planning Permission would have to wait around 6 weeks , that would take them up to about the 10th of August and the first game is the 5th. The website says within 8 weeks.
They have to get plans passed and the stand built and tested in under 5 weeks.

I'm no expert, but that seems really tight.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I would guess that any normal person seeking Planning Permission would have to wait around 6 weeks , that would take them up to about the 10th of August and the first game is the 5th. The website says within 8 weeks.

You remember all those occasions where Wally has said `These things take time`? Well, all the time he`s saved up is now being put to good use.

• Like 1

There was a pair of Great tits nesting, but they've now had to move on. Every morning I'd admire the pair of Great tits in my garden, and being on my own it was nice to have nature to appreciate. I
had hoped that more tits would be on view, but that's unlikely with the bushes gone. Do we really want to be a city that values temporary structures over nature? It's too late for my tits.
but we should set a precedent of say 'no" to this happening in future.

Never mind pal, come every other Saturday there will be at least 11 tits on display. 

Edited by stortfordred

57 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The mayor has no power over planning

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

The mayor has no power over planning

?he absolutely does.  2 examples-
1) Millions wasted on the arena site, moved for his YTL chums to the benefit and strangely, South Glos.

2) Bris Meadows. Persuaded a government department to spend millions of tax payers cash on the site, only to u-turn when it was more politically expedient.

What I think you mean, is he doesn’t in theory have control over the planning committee. Which is true, but to claim the Labour Lead wouldn’t have influence over Labour councillors is a stretch.

Ive hinted at this before, but if someone was that invested, they’d do an FOI request for details of interaction between the Mayor, the Deputy Mayor and representatives of Bristol Rovers.  

• Like 1