IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

From Bristol Live, please let this be true. ?

Additionally, there have been delays in the planning process amid a backlog in the planning department at Bristol City Hall which has 'effectively ground to halt' with at least four months of backlogs to even be assigned a planning officer at Bristol City Council.

Not true. The backlog is much greater. Six months +

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 2

That statement is an outright lie. The reality is that Rovers knowingly demolished part of their stadium (albeit a tent) and sold tickets without obtaining the required planning permission.

That decision involved a considerable development risk, and one they would have been fully aware of.
Having worked in planning and development for nearly 20 years, I have never come across such reckless behaviour from what should be a professional organisation.

Although they now admit that the stand won't be ready, they had complete control over the factors that caused the delay, making any other claim misleading. Put simply, the delay was caused by their incompetence in submitting a low-quality planning application late in the process.

As pointed out by KITR, the next planning committee meeting isn't until early September, and considering the raised issues, it's likely that the Council may require additional detail and public consultation, and that could lead to further delays until October.

Hence, it’s going to take at least another 8-12 weeks for the stand to be completed in line with a planning permission. I cannot believe that the EFL and the opposition sides impacted during that period will be too pleased with playing in a ground with no seats or disabled facilities for their supporters.

They’re actually a circus.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

7 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

Is this their best gift ever? How much more tinpot can they get? Complete embarrassment of a football club. 

It certainly is a beauty.....

But no... it doesn't & nothing else could ever match up to being relegated to non-league by losing at home to a team wearing your own away kit - that truly was special..!

I think this is up there with Santa's Grotto though..!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin

I wonder which disability group will pick this up first..... 

In the UK, venues such as sports grounds are legally obliged, under the terms of the Equality Act 2010, to ensure that people with disabilities aren't disadvantaged when it comes to accessing and enjoying their facilities

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Pedrowe said:

That statement is an outright lie. The reality is that Rovers knowingly demolished part of their stadium (albeit a tent) and sold tickets without obtaining the required planning permission.

That decision involved a considerable development risk, and one they would have been fully aware of.
Having worked in planning and development for nearly 20 years, I have never come across such reckless behaviour from what should be a professional organisation.

Although they now admit that the stand won't be ready, they had complete control over the factors that caused the delay, making any other claim misleading. Put simply, the delay was caused by their incompetence in submitting a low-quality planning application late in the process.

As pointed out by KITR, the next planning committee meeting isn't until early September, and considering the raised issues, it's likely that the Council may require additional detail and public consultation, and that could lead to further delays until October.

Hence, it’s going to take at least another 8-12 weeks for the stand to be completed in line with a planning permission. I cannot believe that the EFL and the opposition sides impacted during that period will be too pleased with playing in a ground with no seats or disabled facilities for their supporters.

They’re actually a circus.

Just asking out of interest, for a friend....

What sort of circumstances may disrupt a planning committee meeting & cause it to be delayed by a month or six....?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It certainly is a beauty.....

But no... it doesn't & nothing else could ever match up to being relegated to non-league by losing at home to a team wearing your own away kit - that truly was special..!

I think this is up there with Santa's Grotto though..!

Getting knocked out of the League Cup before the first round will always be my favourite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I wonder which disability group will pick this up first..... 

In the UK, venues such as sports grounds are legally obliged, under the terms of the Equality Act 2010, to ensure that people with disabilities aren't disadvantaged when it comes to accessing and enjoying their facilities

Are they exempt if there are no facilities to enjoy?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

"Due to issues outside the club's control"

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Sums them up completely. Not their fault, BCC have let us down. BCC are useless, but even a blind man can see where the fault lies here.

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Did I hear a rumour they’ve pre-assembled some of the structure in their car/coach park? 

Even better, if so. 

There was something mentioned about parts/sections somewhere around the ruins the other day. Probably about 10 pages back now because of the stupidity of the village idiots.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Getting knocked out of the League Cup before the first round will always be my favourite. 

That was hilarious- but does it trump not qualifying for the post 1st round league Cup play off - by not being in the football league..?!

Just now, cider hoss rules said:

It’s ok, according to Henbury Ass it is already been through planning and is just waiting to be ratified ……. it must be true if he says so, after all he has no history of fibbing does he!

IMG_0892.jpeg

He's probably hacked into the councils secure server so knows exactly what he's talking about. He is an IT wiz after all. Did you know that he also used to look after all of the computers used at Ashton Gate? :whistle2:?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20230802_211535_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_211528_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_211523_Samsung Internet.jpg

"Due to issues outside of our control" So its the Council's fault they didn't submit any detailed information in time, only the fag packet sketch.

It's the local resident's fault that they didn't turn up at 4pm on a weekday at 24 hours notice for the public consultation.

I pity the 500 Barnsley fans who will be shoe horned into that corner of the dump. Half of them will have a lovely view of the dodgy building site in front of them because they've moved the pitch further away already to accommodate the wonderfully tacky meccano stand.

As usual it's everyone else's fault bar their own. Absolute shambolic and totally tinpot

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BS3City said:

Got the day off tomorrow, think I might take a trip up to the Mem Stad to see what's occurring. 

Any suggestions how I should cleanse myself on my return?

A shower. 

Bristol Rovers are a complete shower. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Got the day off tomorrow, think I might take a trip up to the Mem Stad to see what's occurring. 

Any suggestions how I should cleanse myself on my return?

Shower should do.

I assume you will piss yourself laughing.

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

A shower. 

Bristol Rovers are a complete shower. 

JINX.

NO RETURNS.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That was hilarious- but does it trump not qualifying for the post 1st round league Cup play off - by not being in the football league..?!

For me, being a league club and failing to qualify for the League Cup will never be beaten. I assume they are the only club in the history of English football ever to achieve this incredibly embarrassing feat? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s a very interesting point. Barnsley may have agreed to the no accessible/disabled tickets but there if no guarantee every team will. This could run and run.

You know what, I'd love it if it wasn't up to Barnsley to agree to this. Like it was enshrined in legislation. And fan groups started suing ...

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20230802_211535_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_211528_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_211523_Samsung Internet.jpg

Exactly what "mitigating circumstances " are they on about? They royally f##ked up, by demolishing the existing stand(s)/gazebos and thought they could just do what they want by building a new one straight away.

That's not "mitigation ", that's just plain awful mis-management.

• Like 1

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You know what, I'd love it if it wasn't up to Barnsley to agree to this. Like it was enshrined in legislation. And fan groups started suing ...

It is a legal requirement that disabled facilities have to be provided, the equalities act 2010 covers this 

I'm sure someone associated with disability charities etc would know of more 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

Is this their best gift ever? 

As hilarious as this is, it probably only just makes it in the top 10 ‘gifts’ we’ve had from them in the last decade. That’s how embarrassing they are as a football club.

My list in order:

1) Relegated to Non League by a team wearing their kit

2) Losing Matty Taylor to us for peanuts after saying he wouldn’t go for less than £10 million.

3) Sainsbury’s screwing them over

4) Tent Stands

5) Santas Grotto

6) The Worlds worst open top bus tour

7) Joey Barton taking them to the Basement

8  This stand fiasco

9) Getting knocked out of the FA Vase by Bath City

10) the ‘Unlucky da shit’ video

Its likely that I’ll suddenly remember some other giant Rovers related **** up that should be in this top 10 (there’s been so many) so it’s worth bearing in mind that the order can change but number 1 will always be number 1 ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 3

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As hilarious as this is, it probably only just makes it in the top 10 ‘gifts’ we’ve had from them in the last decade. That’s how embarrassing they are as a football club.

My list in order:

1) Relegated to Non League by a team wearing their kit

2) Losing Matty Taylor to us for peanuts after saying he wouldn’t go for less than £10 million.

3) Sainsbury’s screwing them over

4) Tent Stands

5) Santas Grotto

6) The Worlds worst open top bus tour

7) Joey Barton taking them to the Basement

8  This stand fiasco

9) Getting knocked out of the FA Vase by Bath City

10) the ‘Unlucky da shit’ video

Its likely that I’ll suddenly remember some other giant Rovers related **** up that should be in this top 10 (there’s been so many) so it’s worth bearing in mind that the order can change but number 1 will always be number 1 ?

Horse Punching 

Boob Cricket