IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Do you think crimes against women should be covered under ‘social obligation’? Clearly your president doesn’t think so

If you are referring to JB, Wael and the club were quite within their rights to continue to employ JB, and would have in all probability faced legal action if they had fired him. 

At all points beforehand, Wael actually made it clear that JB would be fired if found guilty. 

32 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

By Arab standards, Jordan is relatively democratic, free and prosperous. If you trying to shoehorn some sort of comparison between Wael's backing of Rovers and the Saudi bankrolling of Newcastle, then you are misguided and misinformed. 

People are malnourished and lack food in the UK. Are you suggesting that countries that receive money from UK investors should reconsider? 

Interesting that you can draw such fine moral distinctions between investment from Jordan and from the Saudis - both of which are countries defined by Freedom House as "not free". And yet when it comes to legal tax avoidance and illegal benefit fraud you make no such distinction.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

If you are referring to JB, Wael and the club were quite within their rights to continue to employ JB, and would have in all probability faced legal action if they had fired him. 

At all points beforehand, Wael actually made it clear that JB would be fired if found guilty. 

I wasn’t referring to Barton

57 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

And then straight back down again after finishing rock bottom of the championship. 

But we have gone off track - the essential point is that you were 'tinpot' relatively recently. In 1982, when you almost went bust because you could not manage your financial affairs (say what you like about us, we pay our creditors and don't rely on charity from our players), and when the drummer of Bros was your chairman. 

But it was certainly more fun, wasn't it? Professionalism has certainly come with a price for you. 

You mean like shooting yourself in the bollocks by ripping down your tent without applying for planning permission for a bigger tent to be erected ? Don't talk to us about "professionalism".......your on shaky ground...........ha, ha get it, see what I did there ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I fully understand your position. However, are you equally non-judgemental on the Saudi takeover of Newcastle? Like Lansdown, the Saudis have earnt their money,  invested in the economy and are fully entitled to adopt their own preferred financial arrangements? 

Yep, they’re almost exactly the same, aren’t they?

Ridiculous number of beheadings, stonings & forced amputations have taken place at Hargreaves Lansdown.

What a truly pathetic attempt at a comparison.

Must try (or think) harder, pal.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I can't be right on everything. I wasn't referring to averages, and accidentally referred to the 2021-22 figures, not those from last season.

Last season is actually a very bad guide, because they underachieved massively. 

Note that I was also referring to individual games, not the average.

See here: Charlton Athletic | Home Attendances | 2021-2022 | Football Web Pages

Two attendances in excess of 26,000. 

Charltons average that season was just over 15,000. How thick can you get your either really committed to trolling or braindead . 

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Interesting that you can draw such fine moral distinctions between investment from Jordan and from the Saudis - both of which are countries defined by Freedom House as "not free". And yet when it comes to legal tax avoidance and illegal benefit fraud you make no such distinction.

Quite clearly there is a very wide variation in the category. The political situation in Jordan, an authoritarian semi-democracy, is in no way comparable to Saudi Arabia, which is a theocracy. 

7 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Every one of you that comes on here , or perhaps you’re one & the same come across so desperate. Why on earth would anyone come on a rivals forum when there is absolutely nothing , less than nothing you got over us . Trying so sadly to score some points . Always the victims , it’s quite pathetic 

10 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

As I expected 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, they’re almost exactly the same, aren’t they?

Ridiculous number of beheadings, stonings & forced amputations have taken place at Hargreaves Lansdown.

What a truly pathetic attempt at a comparison.

Must try (or think) harder, pal.

How many people died as a result of austerity imposed in the aftermath of the 2007/08 that occurred as a result of vulture capitalism? Studies have been done on this, and I think you would be surprised by their conclusions. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I wasn’t referring to Barton

So, would like to expand on your thoughts on crimes against women considering I wasn’t referring to the scum Barton? Or is it getting too personal for you? ?

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Every one of you that comes on here , or perhaps you’re one & the same come across so desperate. Why on earth would anyone come on a rivals forum when there is absolutely nothing , less than nothing you got over us . Trying so sadly to score some points . Always the victims , it’s quite pathetic 

The OP made a false claim. I corrected him/her. 

And at precisely what point have I or any other Rovers fans asserted our victimhood? 

Which part of 'I was not referring to the average but individual games' are you struggling with? 

Why would you mention a one off game ??. Bath city got 18,000 at home against Brighton before it doesn’t make them bigger than the majority of teams in league one and two who get less than that . Go touch some grass and get some sunlight in you mate .

• Like 1

How many people died as a result of austerity imposed in the aftermath of the 2007/08 that occurred as a result of vulture capitalism? Studies have been done on this, and I think you would be surprised by their conclusions. 

That's a big claim, what evidence that would stand up in a court of law that HL, a reputable investment company, involved in millions of legitimate Pension schemes and a broker for 1000's of legal fund managers, partook in Vulture Capitalism?

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

This simpleton is sat at home laughing his man tits off - he has so many of you on strings. 

On strings ?

I think it’s more like the old ‘Where’s Wally’ 

Wally himself couldn’t make (Too busy sorting out some Alum Keys) it so he sent one of the six fingered minions for us to have a play with

Free fun and laughter

17 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

What about the other players found guilty ?‍♂️

53 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

. If you trying to shoehorn some sort of comparison between Wael's backing of Rovers and the Saudi bankrolling of Newcastle, then you are misguided and misinformed. 

No we really a arn’t

One group has actual money , whilst the other chap has built 3 tents and an awning 

Ohhh sorry , and Santa’s prowedest Grotto

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

So, would like to expand on your thoughts on crimes against women considering I wasn’t referring to the scum Barton? Or is it getting too personal for you? ?

Not just crimes against women though, Barton’s list is bigger than hot airs IQ. Banned from football for betting in matches he was involved (still lost those bets ?) stubbing a cigar out in youth players eye, etc etc.

So upset about where a wealthy person chooses to live but doesn’t care about Barton’s actual real crimes.

17 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

They could also do one of Dean Windass scoring the promotion-winning goal in the 2008 playoff final. They'd probably sell out. 

Of course they would.   It’s the happiest your fan base has been in the last thirty years at least.   You desperate, sad ***ks 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

That is some leap, Steve Lansdown is a part owner of a private company yet is somehow responsible for Government policy.

You are seriously comparing a regime which regularly executes people to this?

Absolutely bonkers, stick to the “Jordan isn’t as bad as Saudi Arabia” line, completely irrelevant but at least that’s coherent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

AND it's usually after a shock win .........he'll soon be gone .