IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Dredd said:

So what equates to 'character and  authenticity? An appalling ramshackle stadium which is falling to pieces? A manager whose morals have repeatedly shown to missing? Being so badly managed you actually dropped into non league football?

You might think from the inside you are authentic and plucky little Bristol Rovers but you wouldn't turn down our position in a million years. Are we soulless because we have a roof and actual seats? Someone willing to put their hand in the pocket so we don't turn into an embarrassment? Or are you just horrendously jealous. 
Enjoy your 'authenticity' I hope the roof doesn't blow off your tent. 

You just need to look at their reaction when Al Qadi arrived and they thought they had a billionaire on their hands.

Bragging about being the biggest and wealthiest club in Bristol, suggesting they all wave fivers at Morecombe fans in the next match.

The mask really slipped.

As the Man City fan said to the Gashead, we are everything they want to be. They’ll never have their spiritual home back though. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

One of the reasons your lot repeatedly folded at Trumpton was because they couldn't handle the atmosphere and the novelty of playing in an environment where the fans get behind their team. 

Who Gasheads?

Plenty of evidence available to the contrary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

That was the same season when we won 2-0 at AG, wasn't it? A Beadle double as I recall. The second being pretty special - I was right behind it. 

That 4-2 was something of a collector's item, wasn't it? One of the reasons your lot repeatedly folded at Trumpton was because they couldn't handle the atmosphere and the novelty of playing in an environment where the fans get behind their team. 

Also right behind your sister at the same time. Multi tasking. Fair play.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hot Air said:

How does your record in football league management compare to Keith Hill? Because I'm inclined to take his judgement over yours. 

Hill made it clear why he was playing a team of rookies and indeed had actually managed to get points playing with them. 

And I'm inclined to agree with Steve Evans, a man who's been in around the game longer then you have and would know something smells when he sees it.

Pure corruption.

9 minutes ago, supercidered said:

So the first 8 words of your post is a lie. To be honest 99% of the posts you have made are at best pathetic.

However, to use Steve Evans to back up your belief that you lot create an atmosphere is truly astounding. Then you bring up Trumpton. It wasn't even your ground and it wasn't intimidating, it was just shite and not unlike the Mem. At least Trumpton had 4 sides to I suppose.

I used to get the impression your team was beaten before they stepped out onto the pitch at Twerton...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HoldenBall said:

And I'm inclined to agree with Steve Evans, a man who's been in around the game longer then you have and would know something smells when he sees it.

Pure corruption.

Evans was caught and punished for doing things he shouldn't have done. This doesn't make him an authority on corruption in the game. 

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

You just need to look at their reaction when Al Qadi arrived and they thought they had a billionaire on their hands.

Bragging about being the biggest and wealthiest club in Bristol, suggesting they all wave fivers at Morecombe fans in the next match.

The mask really slipped.

As the Man City fan said to the Gashead, we are everything they want to be. They’ll never have their spiritual home back though. 

Refer back to my earlier comments. I have made it clear that I dislike big money and that I especially dislike people who brag about having lots of money. Unfortunately the loadsamoney mentality has permeated football, to the point where people see big finances as something to boast about. 

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The mask really slipped.

Fivers mind ???

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I used to get the impression your team was beaten before they stepped out onto the pitch at Twerton...

You had a reasonably good team back then, that’s the reason our record against you was not the best.

Its nothing to do with the laughable suggestion that Twerton park was some kind of mini version of the Ali Sami Yen, a frightening place to visit or the feeble atmosphere created by the 4-5k blue few that could be bothered to travel down the road from East Bristol and honk the word “shithead” every time one of ours touched the ball. ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I hope we can play a part in Jevani Brown's rehabilitation. He has expressed contrition for his past actions and shown a willingness to reform. 

Barton isn't the first footballer to serve time, and he won't be the last. The actual issue for me is that he has not expressed remorse or contrition for his past actions. 

As I recall, one of your players played with a tag, didn't they? You also no doubt cheered on Steve Brooker and Dave Partridge. 

Why are you even here? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Refer back to my earlier comments. I have made it clear that I dislike big money and that I especially dislike people who brag about having lots of money. Unfortunately the loadsamoney mentality has permeated football, to the point where people see big finances as something to boast about. 

This is what Bristol Rovers fans plaster all over Social Media whenever they think they’ve found a sugar daddy.

Oh dear oh dear.

633723B4-F1B5-4CC7-A5B5-B48D616F1105.jpeg.b202dc83791ad8364de46276ea22a6c8.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

That was the same season when we won 2-0 at AG, wasn't it? A Beadle double as I recall. The second being pretty special - I was right behind it. 

That 4-2 was something of a collector's item, wasn't it? One of the reasons your lot repeatedly folded at Trumpton was because they couldn't handle the atmosphere and the novelty of playing in an environment where the fans get behind their team. 

Any chances of your lot getting behind the team for 90 minutes is a distant memory these days.

After the circus running your club got rid of one of the ends.

"Rovers, where we get behind you in the first half, and hope that the allotments can give you the support you need in the second"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Any chances of your lot getting behind the team for 90 minutes is a distant memory these days.

After the circus running your club got rid of one of the ends.

"Rovers, where we get behind you in the first half, and hope that the allotments can give you the support you need in the second"

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have some material for mr @Hot Air to help his educational work.

Do you have a video of Rickie Lambert ramming a volley down Basso's throat in the JPT area final? I'm struggling to find it...