IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

52 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Well, on the picture ,I counted six or seven rows..........truly a behemoth of a stand !

It's a seventh tier facility, getting a sixth tier 'upgrade'.

I don't even think Mangotsfield fans would be overly impressed with that.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Yes Paul, that's right. The reason you have won 2 games at home this year is because the pressure of playing in front of a huge crowd of 7500 is too much for your players...

Blimey, when the massive new stand opens they're going to be petrified!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Interview here from 46 minutes is well worth a listen for comedy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g5gv6m?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

As noted, he blames the pitch, the sprinklers, the ref (FA charge incoming I’d say), says both Wycombe goals were fouls, wanted a penalty and stresses Wycombe had beaten a better side.

Asked about Clarke-Harris, Barton says he’s not going to talk about other clubs players then proceeds to talk about “Jonno wanting to move back this way” and Peterborough’s negotiators being smart businessmen meaning it’ll be tough to do. He mentions a new stadium, new stand etc. 

It’s 9 minutes of unadulterated bullshit bingo.

“The new stand’s knocked out the sprinkler system”

Apparently you can have a new stand, or championship ready sprinklers, but you can’t have both.?

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

If JCH has any chance of going back to Rovers, I think we’re missing a trick. He’s scored goals wherever he’s been, surely he could do a job for us?

He’s never done it in Championship, there’s levels to this game and he ain’t up to it.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I would be amazed if that was the split, I have lived here for 11 years now and have rarely seen a shirt, scarf or any other sign of them. There have been a couple with a foot in both camps like Matt Taylor and Alan Walsh, but then I probably wouldn't recognise any of their players.

I did say I was being conservative , deffo a few about , ( not counting one rather odd chap who wonders about always wearing something gas be it a cap , shirt , training top or track suit bottoms ) 

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

I did say I was being conservative , deffo a few about , ( not counting one rather odd chap who wonders about always wearing something gas be it a cap , shirt , training top or track suit bottoms ) 

And the guy on the mobility scooter sporting every scarf you can think of. :)

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

I suppose when you’re used to a few tents, he might have a point. But it’s going to hold less than the Atyeo, so it’s hardly The Kop…

My first look at the framework as I strolled across the car park at noon….

I was pretty much stopped in my tracks, that thing is going to be **ng mahooosive!!

Well impressed.”

That's the same stand that a few days ago they were saying was not that much different to what was there before so planning consent should be a given?????

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

52 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

He’s never done it in Championship, there’s levels to this game and he ain’t up to it.

That's what surprises me about them. At league one level, goal machine. Beyond that, questionable.

Same as Tomlin.

12 or 24 month deal, help you get promoted and you can understand it, but at just about every level outside the Prem, you only pay a transfer fee if you think you might get some of it back.

37 minutes ago, italian dave said:

That's the same stand that a few days ago they were saying was not that much different to what was there before so planning consent should be a given?????

They’re probably just a bit confused that it’s not flapping in the wind. 

• Haha 3

Jack hunt was the main positive today. For his debut first half especially he was outstanding. The best attacking display we've seen from a full back in years. Was creating so much space for himself and thomas in that first half. He put in some brilliant balls for our non existent strikers. Really excited to see how he develops with Thomas down that wing. 

???? TIN.POT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Why does he always describe teams theyve just lost to as ‘not the best team’, or criticize the way that team may have played, almost as if theyre Man City and teams dont have the right to come to the shithole and play a tactic to win the game?!

Blokes a bloody cretin and i cant believe the gash fans fall for it.

On another note, theyre surely putting their finances under pressure this season with all these signings and some relative ‘names’ for that standard?

And dont forget the 40,000 locked outside having to live in Nailsea instead. ??

From a psychological perspective, blaming others is more common in those who experience negative feelings and are unable to regulate their emotions. Based on Barton’s history of verbal and physical violence, he is definitely unable to regulate his emotions. He would make a wonderful case study 

7 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Jack hunt was the main positive today. For his debut first half especially he was outstanding. The best attacking display we've seen from a full back in years. Was creating so much space for himself and thomas in that first half. He put in some brilliant balls for our non existent strikers. Really excited to see how he develops with Thomas down that wing. 

???? TIN.POT.

Well, he’s only 32 so he’s got plenty of time to develop 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Malago said:

“The new stand’s knocked out the sprinkler system”

Apparently you can have a new stand, or championship ready sprinklers, but you can’t have both.?

That's because the bloke who laid the championship ready tarmac (left over from a job down the road) also fixed the leccie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, redkev said:

As a posset resident all my life the guy you refer to has a very questionable reputation and rumours abound about him most not very nice at all. The split is probably 80:20 city to rovers nowadays and loads of kids about with city kits and the occasional Tesco rag spotted. Numerous city players have lived in Portishead over the years im sure the club or someone connected owns a number of houses in the village quarter and marina as there seem to be a succession of players at a number of those properties 

8 hours ago, pongo88 said:

From a psychological perspective, blaming others is more common in those who experience negative feelings and are unable to regulate their emotions. Based on Barton’s history of verbal and physical violence, he is definitely unable to regulate his emotions. He would make a wonderful case study 

Well, he’s only 32 so he’s got plenty of time to develop 

There are only two types of defeat - the one by the "inferior" team who have perfected the dark arts, using very basic tactics that don't represent real football and, when the Steel Shackers get absolutely battered beyond argument, the one where the Few couldn't possibly go toe to toe with a club having the luxury of such massive resources.

Some people cannot stop talking........long after they say what needed to be said. Everything with these types of people is ultimately about self-affirmation to overcome insecurity - it's a case of either compliment yourself or point out the failings of others to take the heat off. In Joseph's case it's fairly clear he's had lots of counselling. Add in the fact that he comes across in interview as a "bit" of a shithouse and it's a mix that is very likely to be his downfall in due course. My gut feel is he'll end up lashing out at the wrong person.

• Flames 2