IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

45 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Would appear they’ve signed Chris Martin then. 

Bet Adrian Mariappa is programming his Sat Nav for BS7.

After Jack Hunt & now Chris Martin looks like jailbird Joey is trying to collect as many of Nige’s castoffs as possible.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Clearly have no idea what Chris Martin is/isn’t capable of these days 😂

Really excited by this, bit of a no lose situation in my opinion, he could even end up our JCH signing without the price tag. 

Good luck Chris, make your mark wearing the famous quarters.

Funny how 6 fingered mutants are over the moon about one of our ex players who they were calling a shithead only months ago , what’s that 3 now this season :laugh: they’ll be playing in red Quaters next haha 

Looked on their official site to see how they announced Chris Martin & just like when they signed Jack Hunt they haven’t mentioned that he previously played for us.

Both these players made circa 100 appearances for us, so absolutely pathetic on their part to deliberately ignore this & try & pretend otherwise.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Next they’ll be putting up the old east end, when they finally get planning permission for their new stand..

On the subject of planning permission (apologies link here is not directly football related!) - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66934296
TLDR - A fully completed block of flats in woolwich has been ordered to be torn down as the final building did not match the designs closely enough

Lets hope such a recent precedent (and on a major project) is at the fore front of the minds of the planning comittee when they review the plans vs the reality for their stand.

Edited by cityal
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

10 hours ago, cityal said:

On the subject of planning permission (apologies link here is not directly football related!) - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66934296
TLDR - A fully completed block of flats in woolwich has been ordered to be torn down as the final building did not match the designs closely enough

Lets hope such a recent precedent (and on a major project) is at the fore front of the minds of the planning comittee when they review the plans vs the reality for their stand.

You would imagine that a local authority building inspector would have of course been involved in passing all required phases during its development???

So Chris Martin did a job for us, got older & slower, was moved on then was out of contract at QPR, needs to feed his family and sadly chose to join the blue few to see out the year. He isn’t the first to head across the city and wont he the last. Good to have another agent in there. No hard feelings from me.

But who of our ex-first team would be hardest for us to take if they made the move over to the Horfield campsite? Even if they hadn't played for us for years. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

16 minutes ago, Mallorcan Red said:

So Chris Martin did a job for us, got older & slower, was moved on then was out of contract at QPR, needs to feed his family and sadly chose to join the blue few to see out the year. He isn’t the first to head across the city and wont he the last. Good to have another agent in there. No hard feelings from me.

But who of our ex-first team would be hardest for us to take if they made the move over to the Horfield campsite? Even if they hadn't played for us for years. 

John Galley....He's still in their age range!

Don't do it John.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Mallorcan Red said:

Of players currently playing and on the way down career wise it would be Korey Smith for me, loved him for us especially that promotion year. 

Can see Pack potentially making a move their next year, believe his family still live local and whilst I think he enjoys playing for his local club it's a long distance from his family.

Maybe that's their plan, to try and rebuild our promotion team with some of our 'Championship experience', JET is available and Wilbraham is in their age bracket...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mallorcan Red said:

Albert

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mallorcan Red said:

so......do we now refer to him as "the snake"?

It must be a bit depressing for him after playing at the likes of Norwich, Derby, City, and QPR with the facilities and fan base at those clubs. He should be doing better than them, even given his age. I'm not sure of his contract, but it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't just a "get fit" period to enable him to move to a decent club. 

Best of luck to him anyway, he did well for us, especially in the WSM period.

Surprised Jack Hunt is there, he could do better than that shower, must be a location thing after being away at a big club like Sheffield Wednesday. Best of luck to him as well, more than competent full back for us and as hard as nails and very good at the shithousery.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

It must be a bit depressing for him after playing at the likes of Norwich, Derby, City, and QPR with the facilities and fan base at those clubs. He should be doing better than them, even given his age. I'm not sure of his contract, but it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't just a "get fit" period to enable him to move to a decent club.

I'm guessing this is a little tongue in cheek, but anyway.

He likes the area, lives locally and TBH I don't see him getting a gig above L1. So for him it makes perfect sense. 
You can look on it as charity work :thumbsup:

Jack Hunt OTOH, I would have thought he would able to find a Club nearer to his Northern roots . i guess you go where the work is. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Best of luck to him anyway, he did well for us, especially in the WSM period.

Surprised Jack Hunt is there, he could do better than that shower, must be a location thing after being away at a big club like Sheffield Wednesday. Best of luck to him as well, more than competent full back for us and as hard as nails and very good at the shithousery.

Martin is 35 next month, lives in Bristol & frankly wasn’t knocking back the offers. He has only got a deal until January but no idea as to whether that was their choice or his.

Hunt is 33 before the year is out & was in talks with L2 Bradford this summer, if he could have got a better offer then he wouldn’t be there, but he didn’t.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Martin is 35 next month, lives in Bristol & frankly wasn’t knocking back the offers. He has only got a deal until January but no idea as to whether that was their choice or his.

Hunt is 33 before the year is out & was in talks with L2 Bradford this summer, if he could have got a better offer then he wouldn’t be there, but he didn’t.

I suspect Rovers are paying quite well up against a lot (not all) of Lg1 clubs.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Aside from the good wishes to the players, it was a bit tongue in cheek for our mutated friends up north tbh.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I suspect Rovers are paying quite well up against a lot (not all) of Lg1 clubs.

Me too & if they weren’t being so childish about trying to pretend that these 2 have never played for us I’d be happy to say I get the logic.

Martin is a clever footballer, Hunt is a steady full back, both have had very decent careers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Will still be built. Will just take a bit longer 

Raises all sorts of questions.

Will the new application be at the bottom of the pile.

With previous votes of support or objection still be valid.

Will the new application be the same or different to the one they submitted before.

Will there be the same number of spaces for disabled supporters.

Someone somewhere will be a loser in this.

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Will still be built. Will just take a bit longer 

Guessing this is either procedural or to ensure that it now goes through as quickly as possible.

The total naivety of those on here saying that it will be refused & will have to be taken down, they have had someone on the inside with a vested interest who has been pushing this ahead of the usual queues all along. Same thing applies with the Fruit Market project, even though that appears to be dead.

If they were a halfway competent outfit this stand would be in use by now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Guessing this is either procedural or to ensure that it now goes through as quickly as possible.

The total naivety of those on here saying that it will be refused & will have to be taken down, they have had someone on the inside with a vested interest who has been pushing this ahead of the usual queues all along. Same thing applies with the Fruit Market project, even though that appears to be dead.

If they were a halfway competent outfit this stand would be in use by now.

I would imagine (dealing with planning day-to-day as I do) that BCC as the LPA have advised that the application is likely to be rejected, and that with modification x,y and z it should go through, so the best thing is to withdraw and resubmit. That's normally the reason behind application withdrawals, I could be totally wrong though!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2