IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

26 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Ascot United: FA Vase winner submits stadium upgrade plan - BBC News

Even the footballing powerhouse that is Ascot United know that there are procedures to be followed no matter how urgent the need for a stand is.

Ascot United: FA Vase winner submits stadium upgrade plan

At the risk of a slight derailing of the thread, and following on from a previous thread somewhere on the forum, wouldn't the headline read (and sound) better as?

Ascot United: FA Vase winners submit stadium upgrade plan

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cityal said:

image.png.efb35a87879e66faf3b38fc9d4f7ae1a.png

What was this "something" that the reporter saw? :dunno:

Here is what I see:
A mid table side averaging 1.41 ppg so far this season have slightly improved in the last 8 games to 1.5 ppg. Based on thier current "iconic" form of 1.5 ppg they are ahead of Lincoln City, and Oxford Utd in the form table and level with Blackpool, but BEHIND every other team in the top ten of league one and Northampton just below them.

So based on the current form ppg, games left and total points acrued so far:

Bristol Rovers would STILL lose further ground to Portsmouth, Peterborough, Bolton, Derby, Stevenage, Barnsley and Northampton.

Bristol Rovers would make up ground on Lincoln City (gaining 8.88 pts) passing them, stay level pegging with Blackpool points difference wise, and make up a small amount of ground on Oxford United (gaining 2.88 pts).

Their form has to be a lot better consistently to push for playoffs, the 12 point gap to make up is quite big conisdering the teams aorund them are likely decent. While you cannot rule it out you would not be gambling on this with any confidence. Also their GD needs to improve as if that was a decider they are a long way off the teams genuinely in playoff contenton in league one.

Excellent work.

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

The 6th best team (Barnsley) are on for 86 points, so based on that Rovers need 55 points from 24 games 🤣🤣

As if

Indeed a record of P24 W17 D4 L3 for their remaining games would tie Barnsley's currently predicted haul - the issue being they dont often win 17 games in an entire season at league one level (just 3 times this century so far)

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Excellent work.

I cannot claim credit for the table it was found on once of those footy stats sites

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cityal said:

I cannot claim credit for the table it was found on once of those footy stats sites

Anyone can copy and paste a table mate. I was giving you credit for explaining it well and providing a fine demonstration of exactly how far-fetched the idea of them making the top 6 is.

If any of them can read they'll be amazed.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, fisherrich said:

Part of me wants them to go up. Bring back Bristol derbies. Badly missed.

No thanks we have nothing to gain from beating them if we do beat them we’re supposed to beat them because we’re bigger and spend more money and god forbid we lose you’ll never hear the end of it! 

I’d rather they went bust and we never have to hear about them again. The fact that there children and and grandchildren would likely become City fans would give me more satisfaction than any league victory!

• Like 8
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 2

12 minutes ago, Swede said:

No thanks, they can fu5k off and die. We would've stagnated or regressed so much if we had to play that shower again in the league.

They are everything that is wrong about this city from that stolen tented 5hithole they call a ground to that Argyle dirge the lemmings drone out or to the family club employing an outright thug and turning a blind eye to every controversial thing he says or does.

I wouldn't care less if we never play them again.

Ditto.

Hopefully, they will soon be homeless again after their new owners either flog the ground or decide to develop it themselves.

10 hours ago, Swede said:

No thanks, they can fu5k off and die. We would've stagnated or regressed so much if we had to play that shower again in the league.

They are everything that is wrong about this city from that stolen tented 5hithole they call a ground to that Argyle dirge the lemmings drone out or to the family club employing an outright thug and turning a blind eye to every controversial thing he says or does.

I wouldn't care less if we never play them again.

Agree 100%, the 1980’s were a horrendous time with many bad memories of our many defeats against them, I never want to see us play against them again during  whatever time I have left on this earth, we’d be in a lose-lose situation every time.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Help please 

Where is the list of average crowds per season for the two Bristol clubs? 

I can't find it anywhere 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/attendances

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/attendances

https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/bric.htm

https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

Edited by bcfc01
  • Thanks 1

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/21868/gas-league-position-end-season

Absolutely gone in the head, every single one of them

In the space of a few weeks they've gone from looking diabolical in a home draw against bottom of the league to expecting 2 points a game (more than the league leaders) to reach the play offs

🤨

• Haha 2

This cretin is getting a bit carried away after downing a cheap bottle of plonk.... 

Having just drained a rather nice bottle of Pinot Gris, I believe that if we can procure the services of Mr Johnson Clarke -Harris ,next season we will be Bristols Premier football club .

Warning to our Red Friends south of the river.
Please do not be alarmed by the imminent reversal of disparity, life will go on for you once you have transitioned your way through the seven stages of grief.

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Please do not be alarmed by the imminent reversal of disparity, life will go on for you once you have transitioned your way through the seven stages of grief.

Well for starters there are only five stages of grief not seven.

And second, if the numpty thinks building a tin shack at one end of the circus marks the start of a "reversal of disparity" i think it was something a lot stronger than a bottle of Pinot they were on.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

This cretin is getting a bit carried away after downing a cheap bottle of plonk.... 

Having just drained a rather nice bottle of Pinot Gris, I believe that if we can procure the services of Mr Johnson Clarke -Harris ,next season we will be Bristols Premier football club .

more like hes landed his delorean 50 years too early