IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Someone might want to educate this one...

"The Teds have a much better ground, play in the championship... but guess what, they can't fill Trashton either."

Can't educate pork.

3 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

So the test events prove the safety aspects but the new stand is, in a way, a test for the supporter base too. I imagine the new owner will take an interest in the response and then judge the need for further spending from there.

Probably a free pass tonight based on the weather forecast. On a sunny day in April he will want to see more demand.

Even now the Champ ready sprinklers are on full bore and the hose pipes are drenching the pitch................they want it off ,to save face !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Seems to now be a suggestion that due to inclement weather everyone attending will crowd into the new stand in order to tip it over the 75% required for the test.

So, just to confirm.

The entire crowd might just about fill 75% of one stand.

Need a bigger stadium lads.

I fear for them.

But will laugh anyway. 

19 hours ago, cityal said:

🤣 - what !?!

In all the pictures I have seen there is defintely no cantilever structure. Not even the gas could be so stupid as to do that.

This was it being built...
0_TCR_BRI280923SouthStandBRIJPG.jpg

The plans
South-Stand-CGI-image-Bristol-Rovers-800

Its pretty clear the pillars support a beam
Medium

So that’s what happened to Lansdown’s five pillars 🤔

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Correct

It’s not correct….2 sell outs in 11 days with 23k+ for Watford in between (no excuses from our fans about lots of home games in the same month). 👍

We seem to sell out our decent sized stadium more often than they sell out their crappy little ground.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It’s not correct….2 sell outs in 11 days with 23k+ for Watford in between (no excuses from our fans about lots of home games in the same month). 👍

We seem to sell out our decent sized stadium more often than they sell out their crappy little ground.

What was the gate for WHU, do we lose c1500 seats due to the Atyeo netting,?

Either way, I was making the point that our average gates would fill their expanded shithole twice over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

What was the gate for WHU, do we lose c1500 seats due to the Atyeo netting,?

Either way, I was making the point that our average gates would fill their expanded shithole twice over.

I think it was 25,500 for WHU, it’ll be similar for Forest. Football attendances are affected by segregation so even against Man Utd and Man City we didn’t have 27k…but all tickets were sold out…you can’t sell more than the number allowed. So yes, we can ‘fill’ Ashton Gate.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think it was 25,500 for WHU, it’ll be similar for Forest. Football attendances are affected by segregation so even against Man Utd and Man City we didn’t have 27k…but all tickets were sold out…you can’t sell more than the number allowed. So yes, we can ‘fill’ Ashton Gate.

Yeah, confess I blanked the cup games inexplicably 😁

33 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Have Colchester United made Christopher Martin a better offer than Rovers ?

Imagine signing a reject from your rivals because he lives in the same city. Bad enough.

Then lose him to a club 22nd in the league below on the other side of the country.

Wow

• Like 1