IGNORED

New Podcast - Jon Lansdown on Millwall, Kit, Badge, Succession and more

3 Peaps In A PodCast

Good interview, maybe a bit chummy at times but struck a good balance I think. Sounds like SL previous comments about getting investment was a bit overblown - sounds like it's more about if someone can help them get to the prem then they would be open to it, I assume one idea is that they are thinking along the same line as Wolves and investment from agents maybe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Jon Lansdown will be watching the Peterbrough game from home? Presumably the Bermuda pad given the game is away and not on Sky...or does Jon fly VPN Airways as well perhaps?

Sorry to bust your bubble, but owners/chairmen/women get direct feeds to all games. 

This is throughout the 92 clubs 

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

Oh, that Jon Lansdown. The chairman who hasn't been seen or heard of meaningfully for over a year, and seems to spend most of his time in Bermuda whilst his dad runs things. Right, got him now.

Edited by Desso

17 minutes ago, Desso said:

Oh, that Jon Lansdown. The chairman who hasn't been seen or heard of meaningfully for over a year, and seems to spend most of his time in Bermuda whilst his dad runs things. Right, got him now.

Would you prefer he was running up and down the stands giving fans high fives while we sit in the relegation zone in division 1?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Desso said:

No, but a bit of involvement wouldn't go amiss. 

Isn't this a bit of involvement?

To be honest I would prefer he talked less so clearly not going to please everyone. He's a figurehead and figureheads shouldn't talk about the team (that the managers job), he shouldn't talk about strategies (that's the CEOs job), he shouldn't talk about ownership (that's his dad's role). That doesn't leave him much to talk about to be honest - check the CEO is doing his job, smile and promote the club to potential investors, make sure daddy turns up with the cheque book when the club needs it, stay out of the day to day running of the club.

• Like 1

I'm a regular listener to the podcast so thanks to the chaps for getting interesting guests and providing slick content.

There's always a but... Jon L was allowed to waffle his way out of the question about investment in the club. Have we been close to finding an investor? Are we speaking to anyone at the moment? Is there a timeframe? What difference would it make? Is the long term plan to keep a majority Lansdown share? Etc etc!! I personally feel that this is a massive issue that has been treated with very little regard and I would have lived to hear some follow up questions. 

To follow up, I'm pretty sure JL ignored your question about his own future. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm a regular listener to the podcast so thanks to the chaps for getting interesting guests and providing slick content.

There's always a but... Jon L was allowed to waffle his way out of the question about investment in the club. Have we been close to finding an investor? Are we speaking to anyone at the moment? Is there a timeframe? What difference would it make? Is the long term plan to keep a majority Lansdown share? Etc etc!! I personally feel that this is a massive issue that has been treated with very little regard and I would have lived to hear some follow up questions. 

To follow up, I'm pretty sure JL ignored your question about his own future. 

Hey Mozo, thanks for listening now and prior, didnt get Jon on to go at him like a journalist may, just wanted to give him a different platform upon which to be heard, and say what he wanted to say.  Hope you enjoyed the rest of it, we really enjoyed his company… coyr… 

• Like 3