IGNORED

Chris Martin

BCFC1512

Wingers aren’t going to magically make Martin a good starting forward for the championship. Deeney didn’t score tonight but held the ball up, won his aerial battles and linked up play in a way Martin could only dream of. Going into the season with the idea we could get by with Chris Martin for 46 games was absolute suicide. To compound it NP has decided Weimann needs to play every minute in forward areas as well. Thus our lack of any kind of attack.

Don’t bring up Barnsley they were equally suicidal with their high line and slow cbs. 

• Like 2

His highlight reel would be epic tonight. Not having the “good with his feet” shout tonight, he gave away good possession on multiple occasions. I don’t blame him hugely tho, expecting a guy at his age to lead the line week in week out at this level is a joke.

We need 2 strikers minimum - else it’s a long old season. Week after week we see the opposition strikers turn water in to wine, ours do the opposite. How far we have fallen is sad.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

Demonstrates how little people know about football they would have you blow our budget on a frontman in January and think we are set ?‍♂️?‍♂️ Martin is more than capable at this level 

He's garbage right now.

He's tackled more Bristol City players this week than he has opposition.

• Like 1

He was poor tonight, he’s been below average most games of late.  He had some good games earlier this season.  As a team we generally aren’t playing well at the mo’, and therefore most players aren’t looking anywhere near what they were 6-8 games ago.

Martin isn’t being played to his strengths, and I think he’s now tired.  For me, it’s not a case of “just get through Saturday Chris, then you get a week off”, he needs a rest on Saturday.  The last thing we want is for him to get injured….some may disagree!!  But what we want is him to be used strategically, play one, rest one, play a couple, sub a couple.

Maybe Antoine will be back Saturday?

• Like 3

How can you ask a man of his age, off the back of a long-term injury, to play 90 minutes every week?

He has been flogged. Promising start to the season but he’s faded and understandably so. And my god he is not a striker that should be (or can) running the channels!!!

Poor recruitment strategy not bringing someone in similar to him. However, we’re 3-0 down away to Birmingham… game done… why not replace him with a young, hungry striker, keen to show what he’s about and rest him for Saturday?!

2 hours ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

Is not to blame.

And a forward should not be our priority in January if you feel that way then forgive me you are clueless.

No striker would thrive in this team.

Biggest difference tonight the wingers we missed a trick not identifying Graham as a potential buy from Gillingham I remember him starting for Wolves before he got injured.

We need width desperately nothing else should be prioritised but that.

So you think he's fit enough to play 46 games? Or who would you play when he's rested?

10 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Didn’t replace Diedhiou. 

Strange...always,argued with mate about the merits of Diedhiou...he couldn't stand him...yet now saying how desperate we are for someone like him...stopped goals against when defending and often drew 2 or 3 players around him...yes control crazy at times but also very good at others... Power pace n height.. Certainly confused the opposition to great effect at times... 

• Like 1