IGNORED

Tonight

Jerseybean

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

??? seriously ? You’re laughably completely ignoring my point . I’ll spell it out again . ZAK WAS A EXAMPLE AS TO HOW POOR THE SQUAD IS. I hope this helps 

Lets leave it there we don't agree and that's fine. Move on.

Relying on points deductions to other clubs to ensure City stay up is just laughable. Lansdown FFS has had years to get his management team in place and just look at the mess he has created. Some on here need to wake up. Changing the manager will make no difference at all, probably nail us down to relegation. NP needs time to sort out the crap that still exists in the club (plenty to go yet). Then judge him. But give him a season at least.
There will be plenty more Birmingham away shambles along the way, that is for sure.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I fully expected us to be where we are . I said in the summer this season will be a grind. The players simply are not good enough . You can debate selection & tactics yes. However , the bigger question is. Why has he drafted young lads like benorous into the squad ahead of KP  or brought in a kid at right back who has shown ( and it’s not a dig at him) to be learning on the job ) over vyner . He’s trying to find solutions & plug leaks . My overall point is. Like  O’driscoll , Pearson is picking up the pieces for mistakes made behind the scenes. Mistakes that the owner never learns from . 

Benarous is another good example showing how much of a mess we are in. He's only just turned 18, and unlike Alex Scott, has never played men's football. Pearson has such a lack of trust in some of the players he has inherited that he's having to gamble with players that are too young and have only ever played development football. 

23 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Benarous is another good example showing how much of a mess we are in. He's only just turned 18, and unlike Alex Scott, has never played men's football. Pearson has such a lack of trust in some of the players he has inherited that he's having to gamble with players that are too young and have only ever played development football. 

You said that better than me but thats what I meant . He’s trying to improve us with one arm tied behind his back. 
just staying up would be a successful season imo. 

14 hours ago, RedM said:

We sit 19th in the table which isn’t nice to see. Amazed to realise,at the moment at least, there are 5 teams worse than us, hardly seems possible. 

It's only really been since the return from the 2nd International break that we've collapsed- we seemed steady enough up to Peterborough away IMO.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

The familiar curse of injuries prevent that from happening. Williams and Baker along with Semenyo and recently James. There’s three or four that would be in the starting 11.

Nige has had to introduce youngsters to fill the places but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s all first team experience after all.

It must be every managers dream to have a fully fit squad to select from.

King first reserve too- in the 18 anyway.

That's 3 starters, perhaps 4 and the remainder to call upon off the bench- unavailable.

8 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think that’s a little unfair, Dave.  I think both ‘sides’ have made it pretty clear why they hold the views they do about Pearson.  If anything, the sort of comments I’ve found hardest to accept have been the fairly frequent “If you can’t see what Pearson is doing and what progress he is making you must be a moron” comments.

I think some posters on either side of the debate articulate their views well….but there are a great many who just post baseless crap.  The example you use above is an example of baseless crap, as is stuff like “Nige out - he’s lost it”

I’m not sure that winning and losing makes a huge amount of difference.  I certainly came away from Ashton on Saturday feeling only marginally more cheerful than if we’d lost.  What has been so dispiriting is the lack of cohesion and the lack of fight in the team, and the inability of the manager to do anything about it.

Read the MDT, it’s so knee-jerk and Agenda based.  I often read it back on a Monday and laugh at how biased people are.  Regular offenders!

I have nothing against Pearson (I met him once three or four years ago and had an interesting conversation with him, in the course of which I got the impression he didn’t think much of Bristol City) but I am worried that he is not motivating the team, and I am concerned by some of his selections and his substitutions.  I have a good friend who is a Leicester fan and still believes that Pearson walks on water, but everyone has a sell-by date and I worry that in the past three years the game has moved on and Pearson hasn’t moved with it.

What you post above is absolutely fine and something a discussion can be built around.  Opinions with reasons are fine.  Cutting down someone else with a different opinion and rationale is not.

That said I understand why people are defensive of him, but at the moment I think both sides can probably accept that there are good arguments for and against retaining him.

and therein lies how a good forum works.  But some posters aren’t capable of doing that and over time you realise who they are.  In some cases I honestly question whether they actually support City, because I don’t buy the “I only want City to do well” type comments.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Like 2

I think people need to be motivated to do well in their jobs once they have been there and done it before, and I’m including Pearson and players in this, what is the motivation?

They are motivated by money, which shouldn’t be too much of an issue by now I would think?

Pride, personal pride to do well or pride in the team. If they don’t see the need to prove themselves or be motivated to do so it’s not going to translate onto the pitch. 

A feel for the club. How many are here just because it’s a contract, nearing the end of their careers and no feeling for the club. 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I think people need to be motivated to do well in their jobs once they have been there and done it before, and I’m including Pearson and players in this, what is the motivation?

They are motivated by money, which shouldn’t be too much of an issue by now I would think?

Pride, personal pride to do well or pride in the team. If they don’t see the need to prove themselves or be motivated to do so it’s not going to translate onto the pitch. 

A feel for the club. How many are here just because it’s a contract, nearing the end of their careers and no feeling for the club. 

I think he sees us as a mini-Leicester, great potential, but in need of a guiding hand - his guiding hand.

He could easily be retiring in Devon, doing his walks, maybe not fighting wolves….although an aim to be fighting Wolves in the PL.

I think he sees a generally well-intentioned club, that appears to be well-run on the outside, but those 3 months last season found a mess beneath the surface.

His motivation is turning it around.