IGNORED

Bristol City match day worn Poppy shirts up for sale

Never to the dark side

59 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Interesting, I can't really see who would be interested in a match worn shirt from one of our most embarrassing games ever.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Interesting, I can't really see who would be interested in a match worn shirt from one of our most embarrassing games ever.

Losing 3-2 away is classed as one of our most embarrassing games EVER? 

you have a strange view of 'embarrassing'.

1 hour ago, CiderCraig said:

Yes, I wouldn't have commented otherwise.

We weren't great, I'm not disputing that fact, but it wasn't one of our most embarrassing games ever, far from it.

Conceding 3 goals in one half against 10 men. That's worse than drawing with Sunderland 3-3 and that was the last time I can remember a game anywhere near as close to embarrassing as that.

After that we're going back to games under SOD and McInnes. Losing to Cardiff at home under GJ or Wolves under Ward?

I would like to know what games you have found more embarrassing?

You specified 'ever', so without trawling the archives of games prior to my existence, these spring to mind:

2021: 4-0 (at half time!) Watford (away)

2008: 4-1 Reading (home)

2005: 7-1 Swansea (away)

1989: 6-0 Tranmere (away)

1982: 7-1 Northampton (away)

In context, a 3-2 away defeat to a team in the top 4 isn't really embarrassing, just a sh!t result.

17 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

You specified 'ever', so without trawling the archives of games prior to my existence, these spring to mind:

In context, a 3-2 away defeat to a team in the top 4 isn't really embarrassing, just a sh!t result.

We know things are bad when we start arguing about which shite results are the most shite...! 

I do think that the circumstances of last week do qualify it as incredibly embarrassing, if not the heaviest of defeats. 

There have been worse, of course - but it now seems a weekly occurance, so shouldn't have to wait too long for the next contender...! 

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

I’d add:

1990: Rovers 3-0 City, when we gave the championship to them instead of taking it ourselves. Now that was embarrassing. 

18 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

I did specify ever - I also specified "one of", I also specified "games" rather than results. In the context of forever I would put it in the top 10 embarrassing "games" since I have been watching (so since 90) making it "one of" the most embarrassing "games" ever. Might be Symantec's but I think it's up there, happy to agree to disagree if you think it's the same as all the other losses we have had this season.

21 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

City 0-6 Cardiff 2010

City 1-4 Wolves 2012

City 0-4 Leicester 2013

Those were all embarrassing days.