IGNORED

Kalas

45 minutes ago, Tookster said:

I have heard that he has a foot problem and was struggling to get antibiotics in Estonia. Suspect he will be out on Saturday.

Having been to Estonia it isn’t some back woods place, I’m pretty sure he could get antibiotics there.

There is a Tweet in Czech about his absence but my Google translate is playing up so no idea why he’s out, hasn’t been starting games for them since the 2-2 v Wales but always been in the squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Having been to Estonia it isn’t some back woods place, I’m pretty sure he could get antibiotics there.

There is a Tweet in Czech about his absence but my Google translate is playing up so no idea why he’s out, hasn’t been starting games for them since the 2-2 v Wales but always been in the squad.

A guy on their English language Twitter feed simply says Tomas was injured when he arrived which is why he isn't playing.  No suggestion of what the injury was, but if he travelled with the team it obviously couldn't be that bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was a home game for Czechs I thought.

Anyway an injury to Kalas is all we need, let's hope it's minor eh, while at the same time taking care not to aggravate it etc.

You’d like to think that if his injury was that bad (he had no chance of playing in either game) that he would have been sent back to City for treatment…..that’s my hope anyway as not having him available for Sat (with Baker & Atkinson having been injured recently too) would not be good ???

The game was in Czechia, Prague I presume. There is no problem with getting antibiotics in Estonia, but not over the counter, you have to have a Doctors prescription. It will be the same in Prague, so that's why there was a problem, I suspect.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Kalas
12 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

You’d like to think that if his injury was that bad (he had no chance of playing in either game) that he would have been sent back to City for treatment…..that’s my hope anyway as not having him available for Sat (with Baker & Atkinson having been injured recently too) would not be good ???

He’s best of staying there than coming back to our useless lot!

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

He’s best of staying there than coming back to our useless lot!

Concerning to me was that he was asking the father of his girlfriend (retired GP) for medical advice on the weekend. Surely City medical team should have been able to give him all the advice required.

28 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

If Kalas is out hopefully not. if Atkinson and Baker are still out then we are in the brown stuff. That leaves Vyner and who?

Baker & Atkinson were both pictured in training this week, but you go ahead & make stuff up if you like.

54 minutes ago, Tookster said:

Concerning to me was that he was asking the father of his girlfriend (retired GP) for medical advice on the weekend. Surely City medical team should have been able to give him all the advice required.

Kalas going out with a local girl now isn’t he?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I believe the problem is a persistent corn, do you treat corns with antibiotics?

bloody horrible things,i had one on my big toe,hurt like hell if i got the pressure on it wrong.tried corn plasters but flip me,that hurt even more trying to pick the middle out after the ring around it dissolved.if i get one now,i slice it off with a razor blade,much less painful

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Do we know how Baker's recovery is going and whether Atkison is fit?

An Atkinson-Baker pairing isn't that much of a downgrade on Kalas and Atkinson in my view. But I think, if we are missing two of those three, that's where we start to look pretty vulnerable. 

Not a downgrade at all - Baker gets so much negativity on here, yet he’s the hardest, most committed and best defender we have at the club ...

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How do you know that? 

There are a some posters on here who are closer to TK than your average fan because they are in the same friendship group as him (through his new local girlfriend).

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not a downgrade at all - Baker gets so much negativity on here, yet he’s the hardest, most committed and best defender we have at the club ...

Even playing in the unfamiliar RCB2 earlier this season too.

• Like 3