IGNORED

Nige is back!

ChippenhamRed

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Very much doubt it’s Taylor Moore. He always seemed to give 100% for the club. The problem for TM is that NP doesn’t seem to rate him 

Seeing as Moore has been in Edinburgh since August & was told then he had no future at City it clearly is not him now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Guess there’s also a difference to “not being on the bus” and not fitting what Nige wants, or being good enough for what Nige wants.

With hopefully a slightly larger squad now fit and available we will start to see which players who Nige doesn't want around.

I think we have try to read between the lines when Nige has praised players…he rarely if ever is critical of a player to the media.  You can’t do that in a small squad, because you might need them.

He did say that he might have to play them…so could be referring to CoD ?

1 minute ago, Hampshire reds said:

sounds like a split dressing room. not good when you have a small squad, injuries and results are going against you. Alarm bells must be ringing with the board.

It must be galling for the owner seeing some of this lot not getting game time, or contributing practically nothing when they do, knowing how much they are getting paid.

2 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

sounds like a split dressing room. not good when you have a small squad, injuries and results are going against you. Alarm bells must be ringing with the board.

It doesn't sound like a split dressing room at all. It sounds like there are a couple of players that don't want to be at Bristol City, for whatever reason, and that as a result they will be moved on at the earliest opportunity. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, spudski said:

NP and SoD are two managers that look away from the interviewer and scream ,' If only you knew the truth' indirectly to the listener.

I've always thought his little laugh is a tell. You know "I've just ran through the real answer in my head, and I can't even begin to give that version to you. Here's the diplomatic version ..."

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It doesn't sound like a split dressing room at all. It sounds like there are a couple of players that don't want to be at Bristol City, for whatever reason, and that as a result they will be moved on at the earliest opportunity. 

H R puts a negative angle on virtually every post. He just likes to keep the Nige out rhetoric to the forefront of any debate.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I believe he stated that there were a couple that didn't want to be here and, he'd get them out. If that turned out to be three, it's hardly a split dressing room within a squad of twenty something. Splinter perhaps, not a split. Split would in my eyes be large proportion, as in a split decision, given your posting history, just something you'd like to portray.

40 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe a small clique though. One is quite obviously Palmer, he is close with JD and a of couple others who could fit the description of being off the AG1

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground

Putting my pennyworth in. I'd say the obvious ones are Palmer, hardly selected and disgruntled. Wells, totally lacking in any attempt at a challenge for possession and left on the sidelines too often. Often been stated by others and I'd agree, that he doesn't look like he wants to be here. And finally Jay Dasilva, not being selected regularly, especially as he's now fit. Too small to be a NP type of player, especially in his favoured defensive position.

In my opinion, players without the required attitudes/attributes demanded by NP.

There’s a lot of speculation about ‘bad apples’ here, but what I do know is that there are players who don’t like Pearson or his methods, some of which are, shall we say, ‘robust’.  Pearson certainly seems to demand total obedience.  Some supporters would no doubt feel that that vindicates Pearson, but what I’ve heard suggests there are two sides to this.

6 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Rich. have you been in a team sport. it only takes a couple to upset a dressing room. what my previous post has to do with it i do not know. you might have put crap on here but rest assured i am not wasting my time looking. 

Many a team sport, thanks for asking.

I believe if there are those couple you've referred to, that's why they're being removed. I believe your post was trying to make more of it by claiming a "split" dressing room, rather than a couple of players not happy.

If I've ever posted crap on here in the past, it's been due to having a few too many, what is your excuse for the constant barrage of negative, anti NP crap posts?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Chappers said:

Oh joy! Still unconvinced by NP, and not sure that he’s the right guy for the job, purely based on what I have seen this season, home & away.

nail on head there. i dont think he is the guy  for the job, AS IT WAS. i think he is here to get rid of the 'cushy play for bristol city job'  and is going to build a bust your gut for bristol city job' hopefully getting us challenging for promotion in the not to distant future. change was required,change has been made, now needs the time to implement it

• Like 2

Welcome back Nige. Hope you are feeling better. 

Now then.

Can you put out a set of players that has some semblance of playing like a team on Saturday rather than a bunch of strangers picked up from the water tower on the Downs please?

We can address the fact that they have a similar level of football intelligence of Downs League players at some later date. 

Thanks. 

ps I know it's not your fault that Ashton purchased a load of dysfunctional players but I was rather hoping we might see some slight improvement in teamwork this season. 

Edited by RedRock

4 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Has he told these players individually or does he keep them guessing how he feels, so they still may try and perform? 
As he says still may need them 

Therein lies the art of man-management, or in some case “f++k ‘em”!!!

I can only imagine that some players have been told to contact there agents!  They may decide in return to say “I’ll see out my contract”.

Drlivate situation

4 hours ago, spudski said:

I watch his interviews and it looks so controlled and thought through. He is literally biting his tongue, making sure he isn't saying what he really wants to say, for fear of repercussions.

It's a mix of some fans get it, but a majority don't, but it's not their fault because they don't know the real truth in what he's dealing with. And judge on only what they hear.

What a nightmare for any manager.

Even when they leave they often can't say anything down to ' gag orders'.

I look and think wtf...why get emotionally involved in something you'll never know the truth about.

It's so superficial, yet so financially and emotionally involved, for everyone concerned, both sides of the fence.

When you look at it from afar, it's all a bit mad.

Fan gets emotionally and financially attached to a club that he knows probably 10% about...nuts really.

NP and SoD are two managers that look away from the interviewer and scream ,' If only you knew the truth' indirectly to the listener.

I see it the same way.  I might be wide of the mark, but the impression I get is - .”jeez, we’ve got some weak pros here”.

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

its a worrying situation about players he wants rid off. we have a small squad. if these players know they are on there way out what effort are they going to put in if called into the team. i wonder who he is talking about. Maybe Palmer,Simpson Zac.Taylor moore.

Unlikely Simpson - well known to Nige.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

Split, or one or two “trouble makers”?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Street red said:

It's seems Nigel has come back on fire ? No messing around and my feelings after the Coventry game has been answered by Nigel get those players out and it seems he will do anything to force it. No more cozy cozy at our football club music to my ears.

Will believe it when I see it. He’s been here what, 10 months….? And he hasn’t made a shred of difference yet 

Needs to start backing up his comments with visable change 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

saying it how i see it. thats what a forum is. more and more are beginning to think the same about nigel. he needs results and performances to shut me and many more who think the same as me up. if you are happy with what is happening then thats fine.

I dont particularly think fans with your point of view and lack of common sense or reasoning are much of a problem for nige.

His record speaks for himself, this team is poor and they are still 7 points away from the playoffs! And also should be alot higher due to last minute goals..

Whats with clueless fans who know nothing about football and think they are experts in football management ? 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but when its blind criticism and no common sense its irritating! 

Bristol city with their current squad are exactly where they deserve to be in the table, pearson has been crystal clear since he joined the club that this season would be consolidation. So why are some expecting playoffs and fancy beautiful football from one transfer window? 

Wasnt lee johnson in the same boat when he joined us? Saved us from relegation then the season after we were 17th even with tammy Abraham! And alot more investment than pearson has had! 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Just watched the long version interview - by heck he's not pulling any punches. Gonna make him or break him I would imagine. I posted a few weeks back that while I'm still in the NP in camp, he does seem to using up a lot of excuses or citing other factors for poor performances. At some point that runs out and the finger will point squarely at him (which he alluded to in some respects), but we aren't far from a reckoning on his continued tenure here I would suggest. He needs results and fast. 

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, prankerd said:

I dont particularly think fans with your point of view and lack of common sense or reasoning are much of a problem for nige.

His record speaks for himself, this team is poor and they are still 7 points away from the playoffs! And also should be alot higher due to last minute goals..

Whats with clueless fans who know nothing about football and think they are experts in football management ? 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but when its blind criticism and no common sense its irritating! 

Bristol city with their current squad are exactly where they deserve to be in the table, pearson has been crystal clear since he joined the club that this season would be consolidation. So why are some expecting playoffs and fancy beautiful football from one transfer window? 

Wasnt lee johnson in the same boat when he joined us? Saved us from relegation then the season after we were 17th even with tammy Abraham! And alot more investment than pearson has had! 

Don’t think Johnson had significantly more investment than Pearson tbf. Also don’t forget we sold Kodjia that season right at the start for £11m. Tammy as with most loans would have been a punt and the only player who he bought for any real money was Tomlin £3m and pato £1m?

I get really frustrated with the constant Johnson had more money- yes while he did make some significant signings, but he also had to deal with our best players being sold every year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Don’t think Johnson had significantly more investment than Pearson tbf. Also don’t forget we sold Kodjia that season right at the start for £11m. Tammy as with most loans would have been a punt and the only player who he bought for any real money was Tomlin £3m and pato £1m?

I get really frustrated with the constant Johnson had more money- yes while he did make some significant signings, but he also had to deal with our best players being sold every year.

You’re absolutely right. I think Johnson had the difficulty of trying to work within our ‘model’ which meant often we had to let our very best go and also not be able to pay the very best players.

I do think though, that the two situations that each manager has walked into are very, very different. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's a split dressing room.

Which you are bound to get with his management style.

The key is not getting relegated whilst you "burn everything thing to the ground"  to rebuild with your type of player.

The talk of one or two individuals not being "on the bus" is wide of the mark IMO.

Try six or seven. 

Edited by VT05763