IGNORED

Who Else Would Want To See This?

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

4-4-2....Murray on the right,Goodfellow on the left,Orr and Doherty in midfield,Heffernan alongside our only target-man Miller,with Goodfellow maybe given some freedom to fill the hole....

Well......

I wonder if Goodfellow has enough physical presence to contribute for the full 90 mins (unless he's done some serious work in pre-season !) and if we're going to play Murray on the right too I think that would leave us a bit light in midfield.

I reckon Goodfellow would be better suited playing on the left hand side of three strikers in 433.

Young Joe may not be ready for a start yet and he's better playing very wide or up front rather than given freedom to fill the hole (though starting on the left-wing on paper)....whereas Goodfellow is a player that a lot of clubs in our division would die for because Stoke had plenty of offers last summer....I think he's the forgotten man and I think he can make himself difficult to pick up as a left-winger on paper with some freedom to fill the hole....

Young Joe may not be ready for a start yet and he's better playing very wide or up front rather than given freedom to fill the hole (though starting on the left-wing on paper)....whereas Goodfellow is a player that a lot of clubs in our division would die for because Stoke had plenty of offers last summer....I think he's the forgotten man and I think he can make himself difficult to pick up as a left-winger on paper with some freedom to fill the hole....

I agree, Goodfellow would do well if given the chance. He didnt get much of a look in last season, but did score 5 goals in 7 starts. Give him a chance Brian please............ :laugh:

...and the back 4?!

Tinman emphasises the point in wanting to concentrate on our attacking play and I agree....

Smith..Coles..Fortune..Woodman....

Butler/Hill centre-back contenders....

Bell fighting for left-back when fit....

It takes care of itself....

Tinman emphasises the point in wanting to concentrate on our attacking play and I agree....

Smith..Coles..Fortune..Woodman....

Butler/Hill centre-back contenders....

Bell fighting for left-back when fit....

It takes care of itself....

I think the defence will play a vital attacking role for us this season.

It seems that a lot of the attacks will be down to the full backs pushing forward exposing gaps in our defence. I would say that although good on paper they will be pushed hard. There were a few three on three situations on saturday that we did well to cope with.

I think the defence will play a vital attacking role for us this season.

It seems that a lot of the attacks will be down to the full backs pushing forward exposing gaps in our defence. I would say that although good on paper they will be pushed hard. There were a few three on three situations on saturday that we did well to cope with.

Bell and Smith are attacking full-backs and they are our first-choice full-backs....when they press forward you have to realise the attacking threat as well though....out-numbering the opposition by using the full-backs and attacking to defend....when you keep the ball in the oppositions half for longer periods your attacking to defend and using attack-minded full-backs is the best way to do that....Tinman is a very positive gaffer and I'm sure he prefers attack-minded full-backs....I know I do too....with us being a side expected to attack the opposition because teams just sit deep against us it is the only way....

Bell and Smith are attacking full-backs and they are our first-choice full-backs....when they press forward you have to realise the attacking threat as well though....out-numbering the opposition by using the full-backs and attacking to defend....when you keep the ball in the oppositions half for longer periods your attacking to defend and using attack-minded full-backs is the best way to do that....Tinman is a very positive gaffer and I'm sure he prefers attack-minded full-backs....I know I do too....with us being a side expected to attack the opposition because teams just sit deep against us it is the only way....

Yep, don't disagree with any of that! I think that 442 might stiffle the attacking instincts of the full backs though.

Also we will be open to the counter attack when we lose the ball. It will be interesting to see how we cope with this.

Archived