IGNORED

Hull (a) - Pre-Match Interview(s)

Davefevs

37 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I do like how simple NP keeps it . No excuses, fancy talk around this or that. Just seems to say it as it is. 

I don't think he's able to say a great deal more at the moment, with his stats. 

Hopefully they will improve and he'll feel more justified in telling us more about his plans. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't think he's able to say a great deal more at the moment, with his stats. 

Hopefully they will improve and he'll feel more justified in telling us more about his plans. 

I think he not greatly happy with fitness issues still.

Not happy with not having players he feels can do the job he wants 

And totally ****** off with the stupid questions Gregor repeatedly asks 

COYR

• Like 1

Really interesting to hear him being so open and honest in his assessment of our strengths and weaknesses.   I like his description of mental aggression in terms of competition for a place in the team.     

He says our strikers have been feeding off scraps and with attacking wing backs and our superior pace we should be a good counterattacking team and creating many more scoring opportunities.    Says we aren't good enough keeping possession so we need to be good on the counter.

21 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Gregor isn't the Bristol Post journo, his last day was 30 October. 

It's great news on James and King.

Interesting to hear his views on the December fixtures, although this season it is a little less intense than it has been in recent seasons. We've actually only got 4 more fixtures in 2021, on 11, 18, 26 and 30 Dec. There's then the NY fixture on 2 Jan, and then 13 days until the Fulham cup game.

Really just the 3 games in the Christmas/NY week that is intense, and we fairly often play 3 in a week anyway.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The thirteen days is until the Fulham league game, the cup g

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Gregor isn't the Bristol Post journo, his last day was 30 October. 

It's great news on James and King.

Interesting to hear his views on the December fixtures, although this season it is a little less intense than it has been in recent seasons. We've actually only got 4 more fixtures in 2021, on 11, 18, 26 and 30 Dec. There's then the NY fixture on 2 Jan, and then 13 days until the Fulham cup game.

Really just the 3 games in the Christmas/NY week that is intense, and we fairly often play 3 in a week anyway.

the thirteen days is before the Fulham league game. The cup game v them is a week before

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The thirteen days is until the Fulham league game, the cup g

the thirteen days is before the Fulham league game. The cup game v them is a week before

Damn the OS hasn't been updated to include the cup game yet. Bloody web team. You're correct. Still, gives us a week recovery, and it still doesn't make Dec/Jan any more intense than other periods.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Damn the OS hasn't been updated to include the cup game yet. Bloody web team. You're correct. Still, gives us a week recovery, and it still doesn't make Dec/Jan any more intense than other periods.

I guess it`s because we don`t know when it will be yet - that weekend is the only certainty. Knowing City we were probably waiting (in vain!) for the TV games................................

• Like 1

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

I guess it`s because we don`t know when it will be yet - that weekend is the only certainty. Knowing City we were probably waiting (in vain!) for the TV games................................

Yeh, I've realised that now. My urge to determine our fixture intensity caused me to forget that the TV execs need several days to decide to show Man Utd v Villa instead of Bristol City v Fulham. Silly me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I think he not greatly happy with fitness issues still.

Not happy with not having players he feels can do the job he wants 

COYR

I thought he’d left? Is he still asking questions as a freelancer?

4 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Which questions?  More than one journo there today, of late it’s usually Ed Hadwin (BBCRB) on first, then James Piercy (Bristol Post).

Today, it was a new voice on first (Dan something from BBCRB), then James Piercy from 9 minutes in, then a lady from 20 mins in (Sarah???).

Nice to get an update about Cundy (almost as if James was promoted by someone on OTIB to ask the question ???).

On the club produced video interview, they had a new guy also, not Dave Barton.  Assume new guy has replaced James Crawley who left recently.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

On the club produced video interview, they had a new guy also, not Dave Barton.  Assume new guy has replaced James Crawley who left recently.

I believe it's George West, newly appointed Communications Manager (replacing Ed Lewis who also recently departed) - he was previously involved with both City Women and Bears Women.