IGNORED

Luton game off

Henry

9 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Thank you ChippenhamRed and merry Christmas to you.

It is all a bit of a learning curve for me and tbh I have done what I believe to be the right and best thing, although it’s not without flaws….in reply to your questions: 

When tested positive - told to follow the local restrictions, which in NYC means 10 days immediate self isolation. Although ‘immediate’ isn’t strictly possible in every case e.g. I was in a hotel room which I had to check out of within an hour of getting a positive result! 
I was responsible for finding alternative accommodation. I didn’t want and could not afford to stay in a hotel (just one room, expensive, no cooking facilities, therefore deliveries or room service the only options, etc.) As you note that did mean putting others at risk as I got from A to B. Although of course I may have, unknowingly, been positive a day or two prior to the test when I was moving freely around. Food is a tough one - I opted for Air B and B so I had a kitchen (of sorts) as I didn’t want / couldn’t afford to have ten days of home deliveries. I therefore opted to visit the supermarket on the way to my accommodation and stocked up on medicine and basic foodstuffs in order to sustain me for the period of self isolation.

Sounds grim Jerseybean.

At least you appear to be symptom free.

My thoughts are with you in your solitary sentence.

Merry Christmas

• Robin 4

33 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Sounds grim Jerseybean.

At least you appear to be symptom free.

My thoughts are with you in your solitary sentence.

Merry Christmas

Well said..

Chin up JB.. You’ll be through this in no time. Here’s to a better 2022

• Robin 2

10 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Thank you ChippenhamRed and merry Christmas to you.

It is all a bit of a learning curve for me and tbh I have done what I believe to be the right and best thing, although it’s not without flaws….in reply to your questions: 

When tested positive - told to follow the local restrictions, which in NYC means 10 days immediate self isolation. Although ‘immediate’ isn’t strictly possible in every case e.g. I was in a hotel room which I had to check out of within an hour of getting a positive result! 
I was responsible for finding alternative accommodation. I didn’t want and could not afford to stay in a hotel (just one room, expensive, no cooking facilities, therefore deliveries or room service the only options, etc.) As you note that did mean putting others at risk as I got from A to B. Although of course I may have, unknowingly, been positive a day or two prior to the test when I was moving freely around. Food is a tough one - I opted for Air B and B so I had a kitchen (of sorts) as I didn’t want / couldn’t afford to have ten days of home deliveries. I therefore opted to visit the supermarket on the way to my accommodation and stocked up on medicine and basic foodstuffs in order to sustain me for the period of self isolation.

So much sympathy for you, what a miserable way to spend Christmas. Although, you will have a great anecdote from it that you’ll be able to dine out on for years!

• Robin 1

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Why are they not in for training if not playing ?

I would assume that they would have been, but they would have been en route to Luton originally now they can go back to their families etc 

3 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Sky still are today!

Screenshot_20211226-105226_Samsung Internet.jpg

12 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

In case anybody's interested (after all the Christmas TV is bound to be crap), this has now been cooked and consumed!

Pros: prep. time nil, clearing away time nil, cooking time eight minutes, it was hot, a few glasses of cider took the edge off it.
Cons: everything else you can possibly think of and much more! 

77B5C172-C845-4D3A-8FE3-9F42D09AE713.jpeg

5BFE3E89-4805-40F8-BD30-C94B007A2758.jpeg

A9F6617A-0B33-4FFD-85C6-ED21166EAF5C.jpeg

8 minutes to cook, 10 seconds to chuck in the bin!

What did it taste like?

20 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Season’s greetings fellow-Reds.
The game being off tomorrow is a double-edged sword for me ?

If you read my OP for the Huddersfield match day thread you might recall I was in New York City with my family for a pre-Christmas holiday. Thankfully, my wife and daughters are safely home, however, I tested positive on Wednesday so I’m doing ten days solitary in a really grim Air B and B in Brooklyn. Tomorrow’s game was something to look forward to watching on Robins TV and a good performance/result (however unlikely) would certainly have lifted my spirits ?. As for the double-edged sword a poor performance/result would have only made a miserable situation even worse! 

Just for a giggle here’s a picture of my Christmas lunch - drink up thee zider! 

However you are spending this Christmastime enjoy yourself. Thank you fellow OTIBers for making this forum the remarkable place it is.

4C727F93-BF81-40D9-8987-4F2E108203FC.jpeg

Where about  in Kings County are you JB?

My fave of the 5 Boroughs by far.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Brighton game yesterday - moved to 8pm on Boxing Day thanks to Sky, with no trains running. Anyone who’s been to the Amex understands the impact of no trains on the travel infrastructure there. Absolutely ridiculous state of affairs. Fans being treated like shit again.

I did wonder why the ground looked so empty…..

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Brighton game yesterday - moved to 8pm on Boxing Day thanks to Sky, with no trains running. Anyone who’s been to the Amex understands the impact of no trains on the travel infrastructure there. Absolutely ridiculous state of affairs. Fans being treated like shit again.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Similar situation for West Ham - no trains running into London. Plus an awful lot of Covid about. Empty seats everywhere.

TV deal = More money than ticket sales. That’s the simplicity of it.

Its bloody wrong imho, but they sold their souls

• Like 1

On 26/12/2021 at 11:10, pillred said:

And as we speak we are 13 for 2 this looks like it will be an ozwash 5-0.

This is when I go into hiding to avoid all the 5hite that gets thrown my way. 

Jeeesus how I hate the Ozzie cricket team, individually good blokes, collectively aRseholes :help:

• Like 1