IGNORED

ref for thursdays match

Never to the dark side

• The title was changed to ref for thursdays match
6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Saw something earlier, saying he’d been “subbed” for Andy Davies???

Davies was meant to ref West Brom v Preston, which is off.

I thought Andy Woolmer was excellent at Reading, not because we won, but because he didn’t buy any play acting & let players actually tackle, good ref.

• Like 2

What a shocking standard of officiating, and that is, even compared to the wider Championship rota in general.

EFL need to investigate him for backhanders as soon as humanly possible. I thought Stroud was questionable at best. But Jesus H Christ.

Farcical. Joke. Woeful.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Not defending him he was terrible but he got the sending off and their pen correct. The rest he was shocking!

Yeah, both correct and both in QPR's favour. Scott gets taken down in their penalty area 10 minutes before and in exactly the same type of challenge that he gave the penalty against Pring for and he waves play on.

QPR were allowed to hammer into challenges all over the pitch with almost no response from the Ref. 

Awful officiating. 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Yeah, both correct and both in QPR's favour. Scott gets taken down in their penalty area 10 minutes before and in exactly the same type of challenge that he gave the penalty against Pring for and he waves play on.

QPR were allowed to hammer into challenges all over the pitch with almost no response from the Ref. 

Awful officiating. 

Scott made to much of it, I thought it was a pen but he does throw himself on the floor regularly 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Not defending him he was terrible but he got the sending off and their pen correct. The rest he was shocking!

Yep.  Woeful throughout but got those two right, and the "handball" in the build up to the winner right as well.  Never a handball and you'd expect someone of Weimann's experience to play to the whistle rather than stop, appeal and let them waltz past him.

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

Yeah, both correct and both in QPR's favour. Scott gets taken down in their penalty area 10 minutes before and in exactly the same challenge that he gave the penalty against Pring for and he waves play on.

Awful officiating. 

The only difference between their pen and ours is that if he'd given us the pen he'd have had to have sent the bloke off.  He utterly bottled it.  Some shocking indiscipline from some very senior pros on our side tonight though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Ian Gay “the only decision the ref got wrong, which was a maybe as he goes down easily, was the Scott penalty”

Ian Gay is an attention seeker, says controversial things to sound 'intelligent' and be 'different'. 

The ref was woeful, absolutely woeful tonight

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

Referees are there to manage the game so a football match can take place. We saw 45 mins of football and then 45 mins where the ref's incompetence made it niggly. 

Looked like he realised he made errors, then started to try and compensate by guessing every time 2 players went near each other. 

Made bad decision in our favour and in QPR's favour in fairness. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Ian Gay “the only decision the ref got wrong, which was a maybe as he goes down easily, was the Scott penalty”

Apart from the free kick (Kalas won the ball) they got the penalty from.

Their second goal followed a blatant handball.

Gave a free kick against James when Albert was kicking him when he was on the floor.

I could give at least half a dozen other instances when a decision incorrectly went their way.

Worst ref I have seen in years.

• Like 11

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Awful officiating. 

Watching on TV as unwell I think he got those decisions correct.

Where he went wrong so many 50/50 decisions went against us, people also need to understand what is and isn't a hand ball. 

Some of the appeals from our crowd were cringeworthy 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Super said:

You're right. He did get those decisions correct.

I've seen a replay of the Scott incident and it looked a penalty. I think the ref thought that Dickie played the ball and he didn't, so he needed help from the assistant. The one that made me laugh - and Matty James - was the 'foul' by Atkinson that led to Weimann's booking for dissent. 

My frustration, though, is more directed at Andy King for two utterly stupid yellow cards. (Ah, but he brings experience to the midfield. Blah Blah.)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

No that was Scott Duncan

Thanks, you're right of course.

I've checked out this Davies and he has done us over in the past as follows:

QPR 3 v 3 City. Very dodgy late penalty for QPR

Preston 3 v 3 City. Two soft pens for Preston, a foul for their other goal and a good Diedhiou goal disallowed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1