IGNORED

Terrible Refs

The Original OTIB

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Not focusing on the pens, which I agree were dubious shouts. More just his general decision making for both teams was off. Allowed a few suspect challenges to ride for both teams.

I don't mind that don't want yellow cards for everything. I thought he was decent others won't agree.

• Like 1

Just now, Super said:

I don't mind that don't want yellow cards for everything. I thought he was decent others won't agree.

Yeah fair enough, agree to disagree - I thought he allowed them to be overly physical in areas that didn't need it, but equally let us get away with a few cynical things. In general I thought he was poor.

1 minute ago, Super said:

The first has pros and cons, the second there was a definite push on AS.  Antoine does fall very easily and it's easier to see these things in slow-mo than real time, so I'm not going bonkers about this, but a VAR official would definitely have given that second. You can't push a striker with the ball at his feet in the box. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

I like the fact Nige wears his heart on his sleeve and not afraid to say it like it is ref was poor again today.

And probably another fine coming out way, or touchline ban as it's his second offence so soon?

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

You think Semenyo fouled his man whilst running through ahead of the guy? 

No. I don’t think it was a foul by Semenyo, and the ref got that wrong. But I didn’t think it was a foul on him either. Not seen it on a replay mind, but I had a good view at the time, which is all the ref had too.

I thought he was pretty inconsistent though, and gave a lot of free kicks - certainly didn’t allow the physical contact most refs have this season.

First half I thought he was mugged by Cunningham (I think) who was being marshalled into nowhere by a City player, and did that classic kick your own foot move to win a free kick. 

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

.First half I thought he was mugged by Cunningham (I think) who was being marshalled into nowhere by a City player, and did that classic kick your own foot move to win a free kick. 

I remember. That one, clearly clipped his own heels and got a free kick. Couldn’t believe it at the time, t’was so obvious. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ref was generally decent, but Semenyo’s was a penalty all day long, cuts across defender, who leans in, tangles legs.  Can’t be anything else.

Be interested in your take on the kick on Massengo. Defender kicks the back of his leg as the ball goes and he goes down. IMO could easily be given, even more so after the first wasn't . 

How long before it's the 2 year anniversary of the last one ? ?

This was the main details on the pen stats:

"A remarkable stat that covers the biggest 31 leagues in Europe, over 600 teams in total, reveals the Robins are rock-bottom in regards to the frequency of penalties awarded.

Look away now Nigel Pearson. Thanks to data provided by the CIES Football Observatory, since the start of the 2018/19 season, City have been awarded a penalty every 1,834 minutes.

That's every 30.5 hours of football or averaging just over every 20 matches to put it into perspective."

Taken from the post.

I think he had lost his yellow and red cards.

The incident in the Second half with Dasilva where DaSilva tugged back the PNE player on the half way line

I thought it deserved a booking

Ref allowed play to continue for quite a while

When the game came to a stop,ref walked over to de silva and I thought here comes the yellow card and it was just a talking too.

With the semenyo incident why did he not book Semenyo for simulation?

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ref was generally decent, but Semenyo’s was a penalty all day long, cuts across defender, who leans in, tangles legs.  Can’t be anything else.

I thought ‘ penalty ‘ instantly but then remembered we are Bristol City.

I also laughed out loud when Dasilva pulled back an opponent as clear as day and the oppo got nothing.

It is tough being a ref but they make it harder for themselves with their lack of consistency.

I apologise for reminding anyone of this guy, but "His Majestic Incompetence"  Uriah Rennie who if I remember once pulled us back because Tiny Thorpe was offside... in his own half. In a playoff semi v Brentford if I remember correctly.

• Like 1