IGNORED

Frank Lampard’s Everton

Jerseybean

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The biggest fraud in football management in my opinion

I’m not his biggest fan by any means but brought through lots of youth at Chelsea, cup final and top 4 and think at one point were top.

he had a horrendous run of results which got him the sack at Chelsea amongst many other managers previous. Tuchel isn’t exactly setting the world alight this season is he? As I said not FL fan but some balance required.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I’m not his biggest fan by any means but brought through lots of youth at Chelsea, cup final and top 4 and think at one point were top.

he had a horrendous run of results which got him the sack at Chelsea amongst many other managers previous. Tuchel isn’t exactly setting the world alight this season is he? As I said not FL fan but some balance required.

Feated for scraping  a Derby team featuring Mount and Tomori into the play offs.

Did nothing at Chelsea , finished 4th and then was 9th until his replacement won the actual Champs League

Zero tactical nous in my opinion

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Feated for scraping  a Derby team featuring Mount and Tomori into the play offs.

Did nothing at Chelsea , finished 4th and then was 9th until his replacement won the actual Champs League

Certainly didn’t imply he was a world beater but don’t think he is as bad as you suggested either, although I don’t think this job is best for him.

Certainly all entitled to our varying opinions which makes this a decent forum, discounting the occasional match thread ? 

Missing the purpose of the Lampard hate. He did ok at Derby in his first job and did well at Chelsea considering he lost Hazard and had to deal with a transfer embargo and bring through lots of youth players which are now in Tuchel’s team.

As for the comment about Tuchel winning the champions league, FL was manager for a good part of that tournament.

Everton are my second team and with the options available he’s probably the best available.

I’m surprised anybody would want the job right now though. Complete car crash of an owner.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bpexile said:

I was pleasantly surprised to hear thar Rooney has turned down the job offer. Not that I'm a Rooney fan by any means but I found it quite refreshing to see some loyalty that is often missing from today's game.

Me too mate.

And that loyalty cuts both ways. I would think this will galvanise the fans and players even more now.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fell out with senior players, refused to play Rudiger and would have sold him last January if he was still manager. Worst points per game record of any modern day Chelsea manager.

Have to say I love the Derby celebration after they beat Leeds away in the play offs to get to Wembley - “stop crying Frank Lampard!”

Thought he did a decent job bringing through the youth at Chelsea but your only ever a bad run away from the sack there. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Everton - a club in disarray and only headed one way at the moment. A massive task awaits. 

Surprised Everton haven't been held to greater account given their financials. Players sold and some Ancelotti compensation is one thing and wages off but hiring and firing Benitez and then hiring Lampard, won't have been cheap.

Not like they've been signing kids and frees either. Two full backs total combined fee £25-30m, loans for Van de Beek and El Ghazi..

Indeed one respected Everton blogger speculated that they may have exceeded their PL 3 year losses by as much as £30m to 2021...Embargo? Points deduction, no fees allowable as at our level??

Wouldn't surprise me if they breached to last season and possibly even with reset after a punishment and a £35m target to this season they were likely to fail that too!! Imagine if an EFL club did that in the Championship...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 29/01/2022 at 01:06, bpexile said:

I was pleasantly surprised to hear thar Rooney has turned down the job offer. Not that I'm a Rooney fan by any means but I found it quite refreshing to see some loyalty that is often missing from today's game.

Wanting to speak to him isn't quite the same as offering him the job.

Also, you wonder if Everton would pay him what he was/is reportedly at Derby.

1 hour ago, RedNachos said:

Can see him dipping into the Championship as he did with the likes of Tomori and Mount, and maybe targeting HNM. Can see a bid for Han-Noah from them tomorrow if they don't get Van De Beek.

He'll be going straight to Chelsea and seeing who they will loan/sell him.

1 hour ago, RedNachos said:

Can see him dipping into the Championship as he did with the likes of Tomori and Mount, and maybe targeting HNM. Can see a bid for Han-Noah from them tomorrow if they don't get Van De Beek.

Not a chance.