IGNORED

WBA appoint Steve Bruce

WWred

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s ‘Roy’ - nothing personal but I don’t like how people ridicule a fine guy in this way, especially as he was the manager of our club when we were at rock bottom in our darkest hour ...

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I bet you’re fun at parties. 

Nothing personal. 

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well I wouldn’t ridicule anyone over any perceived speech impediment or nuance they may have - but you’re obviously someone who would 

Yes, that's sort of my view.

I remember Harvey Elliot mimicking Harry Kane's lisp and, quite surprisingly (and disappointingly), some on here mocking Luke Ayling's stutter.

It's not at all clever, nor, of course, is it funny, although Leeds players apparently found it amusing a few months ago.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/30/bamford-shares-what-happened-in-leeds-team-huddle-last-weekend-it-left-everyone-in-hysterics/

Re. Ayling and his speech impediment, I used to like him as a player, but I also admired him as a person for standing up to be interviewed after matches - a brave man.  

Conversely, I have no problem with referring to Neil Warnock as Colin, although his nickname is not down to any impediment.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Re. Ayling and his speech impediment, I used to like him as a player, but I also admired him as a person for standing up to be interviewed after matches - a brave man.  

I remember reading somewhere that a young lad who had a stutter had heard him and it made him feel great about himself and had given him the confidence to speak to others without worrying about it.

• Like 1