IGNORED

Midnight Mass (Netflicks)

slartibartfast

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

What a brilliant series, very scary and atmospheric. As one critic wrote........." The best story Stephen King NEVER wrote !"    Tells you all you need to know .

Will investigate definitely. If you like Stephen King's books by the way, try his son Joe Hill's work (if you haven't already) Locke and Key and NOS4A2 really good TV series as well as being good books.

• Thanks 1

It's a good take on a classic genre. I liked the angle on faith and life after death.

Worth checking the directors (and some of the same cast) other series he did for Netflix if you liked that one.

The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor.

Both different to Midnight Mass but both similar in atmosphere and equally scary.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

It's a good take on a classic genre. I liked the angle on faith and life after death.

Worth checking the directors (and some of the same cast) other series he did for Netflix if you liked that one.

The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor.

Both different to Midnight Mass but both similar in atmosphere and equally scary.

Yes, I intend to check those out, in the not too distant future.

Loved the bit where Riley was explaining his view on  death to Erin (which she reprised later).

The only bit I had an issue with was the depiction of the "angel", thought he looked a bit meh, would rather he remain a shadowy figure .

8 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, I intend to check those out, in the not too distant future.

Loved the bit where Riley was explaining his view on  death to Erin (which she reprised later).

The only bit I had an issue with was the depiction of the "angel", thought he looked a bit meh, would rather he remain a shadowy figure .

Yeh that's a great scene. I'm certainly nore of a Riley so it really hit the mark for me.

Post again when you watch one of the others.