IGNORED

Police looking for City fan (18th Dec Huddersfield Game)

chowie

Not seen this on here so adding to OTIB, not nice ?

Police have today released an image of a city fan wanted in connection to a serious assault of a local 66 year old man in the Toilets of the Old Duke Pub after the game on Saturday Dec 18th.

Was a bunch of guys all wearing City shirts with 'GABE' on the back, it seems they were at the game in the Dolman (near E33) then a group of them in the Pub later. The poor old fella was left in an awful condition. Links below with contact details if you can/wish to help.

OD.thumb.jpeg.bdaca78b13f84fcbaa291d8f65c17240.jpegDolman.jpeg.cdc88686fe286cd754470d91c575127a.jpeg

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/man-left-significant-facial-head-6615410?utm_source=bristol_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=breaking_daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&fbclid=IwAR1qenuPR9M6EV1DdCmMdKfCeIB5wCrRs8dHVWiG9DFDAR1vXwY0jig5LQ8

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/news/2022/02/cctv-appeal-assault-in-bristol-pub/

• Sad 1

They weren’t City fans.

I was sat a row behind them, they were there in memory of their friend who died, their behaviour throughout the game was appalling, several children forced to move because of it, 3 of them sick into the occupied row in front of them, 4 literally falling over the seats onto the people in front, this scumbag guilty of both, one just passing out, bringing drinks up with them (not a major one!) lots of keys on show, arguing amongst each other and dreadful language. 
All of which was pointed out to the stewards who did sweet FA!

Should be relatively easy to find as that picture was all over Facebook etc, sure they will be tagged in it somewhere!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, super slick said:

They weren’t City fans.

I was sat a row behind them, they were there in memory of their friend who died, their behaviour throughout the game was appalling, several children forced to move because of it, 3 of them sick into the occupied row in front of them, 4 literally falling over the seats onto the people in front, this scumbag guilty of both, one just passing out, bringing drinks up with them (not a major one!) lots of keys on show, arguing amongst each other and dreadful language. 

Should be relatively easy to find as that picture was all over Facebook etc, sure they will be tagged in it somewhere!

If you report this to the club surely they can identify them from their seat numbers, or at least some of them - assuming they sat in their allocated seats

The 

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

If you report this to the club surely they can identify them from their seat numbers, or at least some of them - assuming they sat in their allocated seats

I will be dropping an email to say where they were sat. 
Downsy did read a message out at half time from them, so the club will at least be able to give the police that info.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, super slick said:

They weren’t City fans.

I believe that Rob F aka Ole was nearby, maybe he has intel 

• Admin
1 hour ago, chowie said:

Not seen this on here so adding to OTIB, not nice ?

Police have today released an image of a city fan wanted in connection to a serious assault of a local 66 year old man in the Toilets of the Old Duke Pub after the game on Saturday Dec 18th.

Was a bunch of guys all wearing City shirts with 'GABE' on the back, it seems they were at the game in the Dolman (near E33) then a group of them in the Pub later. The poor old fella was left in an awful condition. Links below with contact details if you can/wish to help.

OD.thumb.jpeg.bdaca78b13f84fcbaa291d8f65c17240.jpegDolman.jpeg.cdc88686fe286cd754470d91c575127a.jpeg

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/man-left-significant-facial-head-6615410?utm_source=bristol_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=breaking_daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&fbclid=IwAR1qenuPR9M6EV1DdCmMdKfCeIB5wCrRs8dHVWiG9DFDAR1vXwY0jig5LQ8

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/news/2022/02/cctv-appeal-assault-in-bristol-pub/

Horrible situation and let's hope the guy makes a full recovery, out of interest where has it arisen that it was one of the guys in the second photo shared? 

Can't see any reference to them in either of the links you shared 

15 hours ago, phantom said:

Horrible situation and let's hope the guy makes a full recovery, out of interest where has it arisen that it was one of the guys in the second photo shared? 

Can't see any reference to them in either of the links you shared 

Sure looks like the thug front right, wearing a similar grey hoodie under his shirt in the ground.

• Like 1

• Admin
51 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Sure looks like the thug front right, wearing a similar grey hoodie under his shirt in the ground.

My point was more how did that group get recognised from the police reports?

Anyway the most important thing is the guilty part has been identified

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

My point was more how did that group get recognised from the police reports?

Anyway the most important thing is the guilty part has been identified

One assumes one or more of them were observed wearing what it must be admitted is distinctive attire leading to the assault taking place. From what's been described they aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

One assumes one or more of them were observed wearing what it must be admitted is distinctive attire leading to the assault taking place. From what's been described they aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

Indeed, and whilst it is obviously unfair to judge somebody by a single photo, the individual pictured appears to be one of the least sharp of all.

Can  I just say that I hope some of you never sit on a jury. The last time I check it's innocent until proven guilty by a jury or magistrate and not by someone who knows none of the facts on the Internet.

He may very well be guilty but he is not yet.

EDIT

I think the mods should lock this now as he has been identified and its a on going criminal investigation 

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Can  I just say that I hope some of you never sit on a jury. The last time I check it's innocent until proven guilty by a jury or magistrate and not by someone who knows none of the facts on the Internet.

EDIT

I think the mods should lock this now as he has been identified and its a on going criminal investigation 

Why does the thread need to be locked? It was the police who released his photo. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

EDIT

Wrong thread sorry 

Edited by Wiltshire robin

• The topic was locked