IGNORED

The play about "Bristol City"? at the Bristol City old vic

Never to the dark side

After a two year suspension the play  "The red lion" continues at the old vic until saturday 19 February(the day of the Middlesbrough home match)

As the we are in action on Sunday,can I suggest that the performance at 3pm this coming saturday would be a better option if you don't like "visting" the Bristol City centre at night time.

Just tell your parents,sorry,tell your Grand parents they will lenjoy the play 

With the Middlesbrough game on saturday week having more pull-a-bilty that the same day 3pm matinee performance.

I have this vision of loads of the "other lot" in the audience on saturday week

Note of caution the play last the same length of time as a normal football match BUT no half time break

So don't drink too much before you arrive and visit the toilets before you take your seats

See all you hoardes there on Saturday

as well as all you hordes at Swansea on Sunday

• Like 2

Saw it some time ago in one of the tiny galleried theatres in the old vic where you're very close to the actors - some people at ground level are a couple of metres from them at times. Quite intimate.

Dave Lloyd and Joe Sims are two of the actors so very "local."

15 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Saw it some time ago in one of the tiny galleried theatres in the old vic where you're very close to the actors - some people at ground level are a couple of metres from them at times. Quite intimate.

Dave Lloyd and Joe Sims are two of the actors so very "local."

It's the same set up in the Studio at The Old Vic - I was a bit worried in case one of the actors tripped over somebody's foot in the front row!  The lad who plays Jordan, the young footballer, is also local, and was chosen via open casting - very talented too.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, In the Net said:

It's the same set up in the Studio at The Old Vic - I was a bit worried in case one of the actors tripped over somebody's foot in the front row!  The lad who plays Jordan, the young footballer, is also local, and was chosen via open casting - very talented too.  

I believe he played in the same youth team as Joe Morrell.

• Like 1