IGNORED

Greggs in Wrexham reports record profit forecast

Silvio Dante

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He has my sympathy for his mental health issues - nobody is immune, no matter how much money they have.

However, being a bit of an arse and having mental health issues are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Tomlin gets stick because he’s been an arse - the cheating with the nanny, the downing tools and putting on weight here etc etc. Its possible all of those things are linked to mental health, but it is also possible he’s a bit of an arse when he’s not suffering.

What I’m saying is that it’s easy to be binary. But on the same basis that I don’t excuse Collymore battering Ulrika because he has mental health issues, I think it’s not a catch all to say Tomlin should be immune from the times he’s been unprofessional because he has mental health issues at times. It is accurate to say he’s performed when he wants a contract, and then drops off afterwards. Its not implausible to say that only happens because of mental health issues. If the black dog hits him, that’s horrible. But his career follows a similar pattern at every club and it’s not unfair to opine that he may, in addition to suffering from a condition I hope he gets help for, be an arse at times.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

He has my sympathy for his mental health issues - nobody is immune, no matter how much money they have.

However, being a bit of an arse and having mental health issues are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Tomlin gets stick because he’s been an arse - the cheating with the nanny, the downing tools and putting on weight here etc etc. Its possible all of those things are linked to mental health, but it is also possible he’s a bit of an arse when he’s not suffering.

What I’m saying is that it’s easy to be binary. But on the same basis that I don’t excuse Collymore battering Ulrika because he has mental health issues, I think it’s not a catch all to say Tomlin should be immune from the times he’s been unprofessional because he has mental health issues at times. It is accurate to say he’s performed when he wants a contract, and then drops off afterwards. Its not implausible to say that only happens because of mental health issues. If the black dog hits him, that’s horrible. But his career follows a similar pattern at every club and it’s not unfair to opine that he may, in addition to suffering from a condition I hope he gets help for, be an arse at times.

Hmmmm - slightly over analysed. The Sun style headline you put on this thread is a cheap shot really, for a bloke that has documented problems. He may well be an arse (who knows) - not so sure he deserves being accused of eating Greggs pasties. For someone so fragile that may well send him over the edge and for what? To gain a few likes on a forum. 

Tomlin has been open about his mental health issues - perhaps we should be a bit more sympathetic and not take the piss 

Edited by TonyTonyTony

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

It could be that the anxiety around moving clubs has an effect on his mental health? It could be that he has issues fitting in either because of his MH or then triggers his MH

It could be that he gets a club, let’s himself go and then wonders why is MH suffers? Not saying it’s self inflicted but these things can often be a spiral effect and like you say if he’s a bit of an arse - and then that has a knock on effect to how he’s treated it could all spiral quite quickly.

Probably unfair for me to speculate but it could be either, or both factors. Hopefully for his sake he can get sorted. Tremendous player on his day

12 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Tomlin has been on record that his weight / mental health have been linked. Let’s hope he doesn’t read this thread. 

Not cool tbh

Could be linked to the fact he is a lazy money grabbing git too, who could never be bothered to move home to be closer to the team he played for.

Wasn't aware that wasterism was now a mental health issue