IGNORED

a nice story about our former Striker Tammy Abraham

Never to the dark side

It is not easy.........in fact it is incredibly hard to intergrate into italian football, especially if you are young and don't speak the language?  For Tammy to have been so successful and to score so many goals is an extraordinary achievement, he is exceptional.   Hats off to Tammy!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It is not easy.........in fact it is incredibly hard to intergrate into italian football, especially if you are young and don't speak the language?  For Tammy to have been so successful and to score so many goals is an extraordinary achievement, he is exceptional.   Hats off to Tammy!!

Certainly is.

Can still remember his home debut on as a sub against Wigan, I think.

First touch after he came on was sublime, a great pass out wide & he immediately ran into the penalty area to anticipate a cross. Safe to say he wasn’t a sub for us ever again.

Brilliant player.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Certainly is.

Can still remember his home debut on as a sub against Wigan, I think.

First touch after he came on was sublime, a great pass out wide & he immediately ran into the penalty area to anticipate a cross. Safe to say he wasn’t a sub for us ever again.

Brilliant player.

I can remember saying after that game "that lad will play for England".  He just oozed class. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I can remember saying after that game "that lad will play for England".  He just oozed class. 

Very unlike me to be so bullish after 23 minutes, but I was with Tammy.

Lloyd Kelly massively impressed me at LCB3 in a pre-season friendly aged 16, but that’s very different.  He looked better than Derrick Williams!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very unlike me to be so bullish after 23 minutes, but I was with Tammy.

Lloyd Kelly massively impressed me at LCB3 in a pre-season friendly aged 16, but that’s very different.  He looked better than Derrick Williams!

Brislington ?

I remember also being impressed with Kelly very early on, but the player I knew would go on to much better things after about 20 minutes of watching his debut was Caulker. Didn't work out as well as expected with him though.

Fair play to Abraham, tough to play in that league but he's smashing it and his personality seems to be shining through as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henry said:

It’s such a shame his goals kept us up, rather than pushed us to the play offs.

Quite, just a shame the rest of the squad was a bit meh at the time. Imagine him playing for us whilst pushing for the playoffs!!

The fact that he's moved to Italy and has done so well for himself speaks volumes about his character, just as much as his ability. It really wouldn't surprise me if he is linked with a move back here (to England rather than here at Ashton Gate!!) in the next year or so. Maybe at Chelsea as they have a habit for buying their old players back....

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Brislington ?

I remember also being impressed with Kelly very early on, but the player I knew would go on to much better things after about 20 minutes of watching his debut was Caulker. Didn't work out as well as expected with him though.

Fair play to Abraham, tough to play in that league but he's smashing it and his personality seems to be shining through as well.

Yes, the community game.

I never saw Caulker live.  On tv he was a 30 year old head in an 18 year old body.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, the community game.

I never saw Caulker live.  On tv he was a 30 year old head in an 18 year old body.

It's a crying shame what happened to Caulker.  Because as a teen, he not only had the physical ability and skills, he had the right mentality to maximise his massive potential.  

I've never had the addict's mind-frame and never really enjoyed gambling at all, but it's easy to see how temptation is placed in the hands of a young man given loads of money with few outgoings. If you are in that addict spectrum, disaster can easily follow. 

• Like 1