IGNORED

Josh Brownhill bossing Liverpool (clip)

1960maaan

48 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

The guy is immense and like with Webster and Kelly, you can see him eventually playing for England one day ??

Cannot judge him by goals alone, but in a better team, he would thrive.

Brownhill won't play for England imo.

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

If you ever feel frustrated we let him go for 9 million, remember Preston gave him to us on a free :D Always makes me chuckle. 

Don't mean to burst the bubble, and I'm sure someone like Fevs will provide a fee - but it wasn't free. We had to pay - as you do between English clubs for anyone under the age of 24 when an agreement isn't reached between the two clubs involved.

2 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Don't mean to burst the bubble, and I'm sure someone like Fevs will provide a fee - but it wasn't free. We had to pay - as you do between English clubs for anyone under the age of 24 when an agreement isn't reached between the two clubs involved.

I thought we paid a bit but Transfermarkt suggested it was a free. Regardless, it would have been a pittance so some good business start to finish :)

2 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Indeed, we had to pay compo….somewhere in the region of £3-400k I reckon.  They got a cut of his transfer to Burnley too.

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

3 quid to 400k is a mighty wide range there Fevs, I expect better ;)

What’s £299,997 between friends!

Just now, bcfc01 said:

If Burnley are relegated I'd be surprised if Brownhill doesn't get another team in the Premier League.

I’m sure his agent will be sounding clubs out.  Newcastle if they stay up….someone else said Leeds, which is a good shout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed, we had to pay compo….somewhere in the region of £3-400k I reckon.  They got a cut of his transfer to Burnley too.

Tried that one to win a bet in the old 4th Division days.

When our crowds were at their lowest, bet someone we would get between 20-25,000.

They never paid up mind :no:

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Tried that one to win a bet in the old 4th Division days.

When our crowds were at their lowest, bet someone we would get between 20-25,000.

They never paid up mind :no:

Had a bet with a gas head that “rovers” would lose the 1990 EFL Trophy (Leylsnd DAF).  They did, but he’d not considered that Tranmere Rovers was the other team!

• Like 1