IGNORED

Players at Bath City Recalled

westonred

Callum Wood and Dylan Kadji have been recalled by us from succesful loan spells at Bath City Seems a strange time to recall them as they were doing so well Wood is a Centre Half and Kadji a Midfieldef  I wonder if they have been recalled to be in the squad for tomorrow ? NP did say there would be suprises

I have a friend who does analysis stuff for Bath City and I asked him about this earlier and he said "Callum Wood struggled to get back into the team and get fit after getting Covid. The new loanees replacing him just adapted better since. Dylan was in and out of the team - Very hit and miss in his performances"

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SinéadB said:

I have a friend who does analysis stuff for Bath City and I asked him about this earlier and he said "Callum Wood struggled to get back into the team and get fit after getting Covid. The new loanees replacing him just adapted better since. Dylan was in and out of the team - Very hit and miss in his performances"

The replies to the Tweet say the opposite. Especially about Wood who they say is a far better player than Baths level. 

I watch Bath City when I can and saw them lose to Dorking last week.  Bath were awful and neither City player was involved.  Given how poor Bath have often been this season, you would have expected the City boys to have made more of an impact.  I find it hard to believe that either would be close to involvement in our first team squad.

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I find it hard to believe that either would be close to involvement in our first team squad.

Specially as we have 2 more experienced defenders on the bench already, not much more maybe, but more. 

I would think if they hadn't been playing regularly , then they are better off playing week in, week out for the U23s. 

Callum Wood recently got Bath’s player of the month (December).

Might be that they’re needed to boost the u23s with players like Idehen now with the first team, or just to boost training numbers, so Nige can do more 11v11, shape stuff.  Kadji has recently been training with the first team squad (as well as the travelling squad) . Nige has said in the past that there’s a difference between being part of the training squad and the first team squad.

• Thanks 2
  • Flames 1