IGNORED

VAR in the EFL?

Lanterne Rouge

12 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

MIght get a penalty at last.

On the balance of this season probably 5 more, Huddersfield’s (which Bentley saved anyway) would probably have been overturned too, as it was a dive, Reading’s would have been harder to do so, though Ince dived as well, he did so into Klose, meaning there was contact.

• Like 1

I was originally in favour of VAR but then found the way it was deployed meant it made as many bizarre decisions as refs without VAR did.

So I've reversed my support, but I still believe every game should be retrospectively video reviewed by  an independent official and blatant dives be punished by a yellow if outside the box or a red if within. Teams like Reading would be losing so many of their players, the practice of simulation would soon cease.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, cityfan1958 said:

Maybe if players, managers, the press and fans had been able to accept a referees decision, right or wrong, none of this would have occurred. Football has brought this on itself.

I also think the massive links to gambling companies now and the gambling on all sorts of football related stats meant that VAR was required to head of law suits.  I hate it though as it takes away something special about football, but that’s the modern digital world we live in!

1 hour ago, cityfan1958 said:

Maybe if players, managers, the press and fans had been able to accept a referees decision, right or wrong, none of this would have occurred. Football has brought this on itself.

I came up with a phrase the other day that I thought would save a lot of Managers from fines. It goes something like.

"I feel the referee was unfortunate to find himself in the only position in the ground where he could not see the incident correctly". :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I also think the massive links to gambling companies now and the gambling on all sorts of football related stats meant that VAR was required to head of law suits.  I hate it though as it takes away something special about football, but that’s the modern digital world we live in!

Just a question of time before the allegations of VAR being used to manipulate results.

• Like 1