IGNORED

I really enjoyed that...

PFree

It’s a strange thing to say after a home loss but how incredible was that to see so many youngsters in City shirts, and not just representing us, they did so with such class!

Okay, they made the odd mistake but that’s all part of growing in the game.

So comfortable on the ball, not at all afraid to try things and not one looks out of place to be fair.

NP gets a lot of stick, some justified, but well done him for developing and promoting our youth players this season - perhaps not all by choice but let’s give credit where it is due.

And for anybody dwelling on ST renewals shortly, yes, we might be forced to sell one or two, but heck, with some experience being added to their potential, exciting times are surely ahead!

COYR...

• Like 10
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, PFree said:

It’s a strange thing to say after a home loss but how incredible was that to see so many youngsters in City shirts, and not just representing us, they did so with such class!

Okay, they made the odd mistake but that’s all part of growing in the game.

So comfortable on the ball, not at all afraid to try things and not one looks out of place to be fair.

NP gets a lot of stick, some justified, but well done him for developing and promoting our youth players this season - perhaps not all by choice but let’s give credit where it is due.

And for anybody dwelling on ST renewals shortly, yes, we might be forced to sell one or two, but heck, with some experience being added to their potential, exciting times are surely ahead!

COYR...

I enjoyed it much more than the Reading game. First half wasn’t amazing but second half was much better. Some good football played. COYRs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was telling my lad on the way out that I'm not disappointed by that tonight. In my opinion we're safe. And we're not going up, obviously. Meaning that performance is far more important than the result right now. And that performance left me proud to be a fan of this club.  I couldn't pick out a single bad performance from anyone wearing red tonight. Absolutely outstanding across the pitch.

The energy, enthusiasm, intelligence and confidence of our young players leaves me very optimistic about next season. In a perverse way, the mistakes are a good thing. Gives them something to learn from and should allow them to grow their confidence without cockiness.

The next transfer window is so important, but not so much who we buy, but who we keep. The experiences gained from this season will stand us in good stead for next. What an advertisement these kids are for our club, our academy and the pathway for youngsters. 

One very proud City fan tonight.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1