IGNORED

Bristol City Auto Windscreens Shield Final Away Shirt 2000

PWright

10 minutes ago, PWright said:

Good evening,

I'm trying to source the below shirt as it was my first Bristol City game that I attended. I would like to frame it and put it in a home bar so wondered if anyone has one that I could purchase from them?

Thanks in advance!

bristol-city-cup-shirt-football-shirt-20

I think I still have one in the original packaging 

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, PWright said:

Good evening,

I'm trying to source the below shirt as it was my first Bristol City game that I attended. I would like to frame it and put it in a home bar so wondered if anyone has one that I could purchase from them?

Thanks in advance!

bristol-city-cup-shirt-football-shirt-20

Your first City game was a Cup Final at Wembley?! How privileged and entitled do you feel?! My first game was a miserable 0-2 home defeat way back in the dim and distant - weather was rubbish too - but feel free to begin your journey on this ridiculous rollercoaster under the twin towers at the home of football ... obviously I’m only joking chief! A mate of mine has this shirt I think, so if you’re struggling I’ll tap him up - cheers 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why would you want to frame this shirt?  Possibly the most horrible shirt we’ve ever had, and no one could understand it at the time.

I've always been a fan of it. Can't tell you why, just always liked it.

Now, the korma coloured TFG shirt with Bristol Trace Centre across the front (Marcus Stewart/Michael Bridges year) was a truly horrifc shirt. Saw that somewhere the other day framed and just thought "why?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Taz said:

I've always been a fan of it. Can't tell you why, just always liked it.

Now, the korma coloured TFG shirt with Bristol Trace Centre across the front (Marcus Stewart/Michael Bridges year) was a truly horrifc shirt. Saw that somewhere the other day framed and just thought "why?"

Each to his own mate, but when the team walked out at Wembley that day in that strip , to the strains of ****** Hi Ho Silver Lining (since when was that our song???), I felt we had a mountain to climb.  Still, it was a good day out.

• Haha 1

I left mine with a fruit vendor on the beach in Gambia.

It blended well with all the colourful fruits on the stall and probably the closest I was going to get to the Gold Coast.

Each time I wore it, it reminded me of a jolly day out at Wembley - that we lost.

I have left a few shirts on beachs around the world. I wonder if others do this too?

52 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Each to his own mate, but when the team walked out at Wembley that day in that strip , to the strains of ****** Hi Ho Silver Lining (since when was that our song???), I felt we had a mountain to climb.  Still, it was a good day out.

I'm with you on this. I felt so embarrassed. Yet another example of our club getting it completely wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I'm with you on this. I felt so embarrassed. Yet another example of our club getting it completely wrong.

It was strange because Uhlsport made our shirts that season, but this one was Admiral.

See: Bristol City - Historical Football Kits (historicalkits.co.uk)

image.thumb.png.87d42b67ec711714764917bc2af7d34e.png

I remember being told by someone in the Club shop that it would be our third shirt in 2000/01. It wasn't.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

******* hell, the club were DESPERATE to try and get that as ‘our’ song.

Remember a pre season match where they were telling fans over the PA how to sing along to it ?

I don’t know who loved it so much upstairs but that and goal music are amongst the most embarrassing shit I’ve ever heard at football.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

It was strange because Uhlsport made our shirts that season, but this one was Admiral.

I remember being told by someone in the Club shop that it would be our third shirt in 2000/01. It wasn't.

Admiral had already agreed the deal to provide our shirts from 2000/01.

Started off badly but the 2001/02 shirt is probably my favourite City shirt.

3 hours ago, wonkyone said:

I left mine with a fruit vendor on the beach in Gambia.

It blended well with all the colourful fruits on the stall and probably the closest I was going to get to the Gold Coast.

Each time I wore it, it reminded me of a jolly day out at Wembley - that we lost.

I have left a few shirts on beachs around the world. I wonder if others do this too?

I gave mine to a girl in Spain who said she liked it. 

As for the Final, I could be wrong but didn’t we pass up the opportunity to wear our home kit just so we could wear the Gold one?

36 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Admiral had already agreed the deal to provide our shirts from 2000/01.

Started off badly but the 2001/02 shirt is probably my favourite City shirt.

Was going to say I thought that Admiral did the kits from the season after that, as I remember having both the home and away shirt (away shirt worn in my last year at school for PE - Green with a black strip across the top and down the arms).

Just now, Taz said:

Was going to say I thought that Admiral did the kits from the season after that, as I remember having both the home and away shirt (away shirt worn in my last year at school for PE - Green with a black strip across the top and down the arms).

That was the 01/02 away shirt which was almost as beautiful as the home shirt.

25 minutes ago, Taz said:

Sorry you are correct- I've just added a year onto my age needlessly ^_^

Sorry, now I’m not so sure I am correct. The green one was definitely used against the gas in 00/01 (the game Phillips effectively relegated them) and it was used in 01/02.

I think the main away shirts for both seasons was white but the green was was a third kit? 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

25 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

******* hell, the club were DESPERATE to try and get that as ‘our’ song.

Remember a pre season match where they were telling fans over the PA how to sing along to it ?

I don’t know who loved it so much upstairs but that and goal music are amongst the most embarrassing shit I’ve ever heard at football.

I don't recall that being mentioned, another thing added to a long list of how not to run a successful football club.

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Actually the green and black one WAS used in 00/01 if memory serves me correctly...for at least one match, the 1-1 draw at the Mem where Phillips effectively relegated the slags.

Our main away kit for that first season was white. So in theory you weren’t wrong, I presume the green one was a third kit in 00/01.

That's what I meant :mellow:^_^

32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Edited my original response.

I think you were right and my memory has played me up.

2000/2001 season. 

I was wrong in the respect that I had the home and away shirt from the 2001/02 - full red, and white away.

DexbcZDW4AEoSRJ.thumb.jpg.28dec9a8331de5faf53ef35b34d08844.jpg

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Taz said:

2000/2001 season. 

I was wrong in the respect that I had the home and away shirt from the 2001/02 - full red, and white away.

DexbcZDW4AEoSRJ.thumb.jpg.28dec9a8331de5faf53ef35b34d08844.jpg

Loved that green shirt. Don’t know why I thought it was the following seasons…probably lumping two of my favourite City shirts into one year ?

In my minds eye I thought I could remember a white and red reverse of that home kit but it must’ve been 01/02. Great times going to football back then.

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Loved that green shirt. Don’t know why I thought it was the following seasons…probably lumping two of my favourite City shirts into one year ?

In my minds eye I thought I could remember a white and red reverse of that home kit but it must’ve been 01/02. Great times going to football back then.

These ones? 

With you on the green shirt. Mines in the wardrobe, might wear it later now :dance:

s-l400.jpg