IGNORED

HNM

Silvio Dante

3 hours ago, The Journalist said:

I really like Han-Noah. Always gives everything, tenacious, enthusiastic, clearly really gifted in terms of technical ability…

… Yet consistently makes some really poor decisions in his own defensive third and contributes next to nothing in the attacking third in terms of goals and assists.

Still only 20 with bucket loads of room for development, yet has also played nearly 100 first-team games!

I think he has a really big decision to make in terms of what next in his career. And, if he doesn’t stay, it’s really hard to call what sort of level he’ll be playing this time next year.

The danger with Massengo is he could go to a Premier League club and hardly be seen for the first one to two years. He would have to show a lot more than he has done over the last few weeks to even get a place on the bench that's for sure. All comes down to money and the patience/foresight of the player and his agent I suppose. I see it similarly with Semenyo too. He's been brilliant for us but he is still far too raw to play with any sort of regularity in the Premier League.  The only one of our three players we could cash in on who I would expect to be seeing actually playing in the Premier League this time next year, if we sold him, is Scott. The kid is very talented, has the football brain in-built and is a very fast learner to go with it.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 4

Not sure what was wrong yesterday, didn't look his same eager, enthusiastic self. One thing he always gives is energy, and he looked way off that. 
What I will say, and I'm repeating myself, we only got him to sign because he wanted to play and improve. He has played way more than he'd hoped, and I don't see it in his character to down tools or coast to a move.
That said.
I thought he struggled yesterday, from the moment he hit a cross field ball straight to a Blackburn player, his head seemed to drop and he walked back . In fact he only jogged back to cover on a few occasions. There was none of that, cheeky drag back step over running with the ball he usually brings. Who knows why, but just file under a bad day. He may have been frustrated with himself who knows, he will no doubt play better next time out.

Everyone is entitled to a bad day at the office, and perhaps we are reading too much into this. 
I guess like most posters think it’s very likely we will lose one of Scott, HNM, or Sem. If it’s right for player, and club.  
If I had to make that call of the three it would be HNM, at the right money. And we do not want a Fam scenario agin..

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Everyone is entitled to a bad day at the office, and perhaps we are reading too much into this. 

There’s a lot of amateur psychology on OTIB given as fact, overreacting fact in many cases.

Massengo plays badly, therefore he must be leaving.  Pearson is managing him badly, etc.

Bell gets hooked at h-t last week, it’s an HR issue, akin to Pearson bullying, and his career will be ruined.

For any of us who played (at whatever level) and made the first team as a real youngster, you’d be happy to play anywhere to be part of it, take your minutes wherever you could.

But we fail to look at the evidence of the impact of said “bad man-management”, e.g. Scott, Tanner, etc.  it’s as if there must be a stick to beat Pearson with.  The evidence actually points to the opposite.

Yeah, I’m supportive of Pearson’s tenure, but I don’t half read some exaggeration on here at times.

• Like 10
  • Flames 4

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There’s a lot of amateur psychology on OTIB given as fact, overreacting fact in many cases.

Massengo plays badly, therefore he must be leaving.  Pearson is managing him badly, etc.

Bell gets hooked at h-t last week, it’s an HR issue, akin to Pearson bullying, and his career will be ruined.

For any of us who played (at whatever level) and made the first team as a real youngster, you’d be happy to play anywhere to be part of it, take your minutes wherever you could.

But we fail to look at the evidence of the impact of said “bad man-management”, e.g. Scott, Tanner, etc.  it’s as if there must be a stick to beat Pearson with.  The evidence actually points to the opposite.

Yeah, I’m supportive of Pearson’s tenure, but I don’t half read some exaggeration on here at times.

Indeed. A young player being inconsistent should not come as a surprise to anyone. Massengo, Semenyo and Scott are all fine talents but all of them are going to have some terrible weeks and some great weeks as they develop their game. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. A young player being inconsistent should not come as a surprise to anyone. Massengo, Semenyo and Scott are all fine talents but all of them are going to have some terrible weeks and some great weeks as they develop their game. 

The fact that Scott has very few bad games is mainly down to how bloody good he is I think. 

• Like 3