IGNORED

England v Ivory Coast

Jerseybean

16 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I’m hardly a Southgate fan so probably unfair but I can’t help imagine how much better we’d be with a top class manager.

Who would do better? What do you suggest they did differently than Southgate? I think people forget how low England stock was before Gareth came in. He has done an amazing job. I can only criticise him being a bit too defensive but that’s because our centre backs are a bit dodgy. Keep the faith.

• Like 8

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Shitty keepball? Since when has it been shit to dominate possession? 

It's the entertainment industry people pay a lotbof money, give ti.e and effort to watch hbthis shit. if your happy with it fair enough, I would assume your very easily pleased

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

It's the entertainment industry people pay a lotbof money, give ti.e and effort to watch hbthis shit. if your happy with it fair enough, I would assume your very easily pleased

Before the sending off it was a good game. 

Just now, frenchred said:

3 nil. Easy Peasy. This England team are far more watchable than ones in recent history. And they win.

Whinge if you want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Talk of possible big money moves for Kane , Rice etc

If I was a top four Club , with what cash I could raise , I’d be all over Bellingham 

Think he'll end up at one of the top Spanish clubs. Would be good next to Camavinga in the next few years.

12 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Who would do better? What do you suggest they did differently than Southgate? I think people forget how low England stock was before Gareth came in. He has done an amazing job. I can only criticise him being a bit too defensive but that’s because our centre backs are a bit dodgy. Keep the faith.

I don’t know who would do better, Hansi Flick went from Bayern to Germany, I think the England squad can command a top class manager.

What would they do differently? I don’t know, I’m not a manager, I could easily say the cliche fast past attacking football blabla but each to their own.

My biggest critique is the same as yours. Croatia & Italy the obvious examples.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Understandable tbh when you are used to watching the City produce champagne, winning football every week….

Rather watch a championship game every time, City or no City.

Watched Wales v Austria the other day and that was a proper game of football with both teams going for it - and that was in a meaningful game, not a friendly.

England are boring.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Hmmm 1

No idea what’s wrong with people - until they had a man sent off England were playing good football and causing a decent side problems. Sending off killed the game. 

These are great times for England. Genuine quality and a semi and a final in last 2 major tournaments. 

If you can’t enjoy this then don’t bother with football really. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Rather watch a championship game every time, City or no City.

Watched Wales v Austria the other day and that was a proper game of football with both teams going for it - and that was in a meaningful game, not a friendly.

England are boring.

We can’t play meaningful games atm cos we won the meaningful games before that and qualified without needing play offs.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Think he'll end up at one of the top Spanish clubs. Would be good next to Camavinga in the next few years.

He'll be in the Prem. Liverpool I expect would be a great move playing under Klopp.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

We can’t play meaningful games atm cos we won the meaningful games before that and qualified without needing play offs.

And ?

If you are happy with that shite, fair play to you as you are very easily pleased.

I normally don't watch England games these days and tonight reminded me why.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

21 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I’m a huge fan of seeing our young players abroad to be honest - what Tammy is doing in the Serie A is fantastic. The more players we have experiencing a different brand of football on the continent can only benefit the national team positively IMO.

A move to Barca or Real would be fantastic for Bellingham instead of the predictable move to the Prem..

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, bris red said:

I’m a huge fan of seeing our young players abroad to be honest - what Tammy is doing in the Serie A is fantastic. The more players we have experiencing a different brand of football on the continent can only benefit the national team positively IMO.

A move to Barca or Real would be fantastic for Bellingham instead of the predictable move to the Prem..

It's about playing for a manager that will help and improve him. None better than Klopp or Pep.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Me either. I think I'd rather watch tat on youtube than England play.

Finished watching Interceptors before turning over. Wasn't really watching it then to be fair. 2-0 up and Ivory Coast down to 10 men sitting behind the ball, result was done and dusted.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

And ?

If you are happy with that shite, fair play to you as you are very easily pleased.

I normally don't watch England games these days and tonight reminded me why.

You are very naive if you think international football is about playing scintillating attacking football EVERY game. The Germans and the Italian’s have for years shown us that to be a successful team on the international stage it sometimes is about grinding out results when it matters.. 

I think i have lost count of the amount of tournaments i have seen Germany play bang average in yet get to a Semi-final or Final.. finally we seem to be mastering that art and i am absolutely over the moon with seeing England actually turning up in tournaments for the first time in my life time. I can quite easily see us getting to the later stages of the WC again this year - don’t think i have ever felt confidence like that under any previous England manager..!

A semi-final and a final for me shows what a fantastic job Southgate has done, can you remember just how bad Euro 2016 was under Hodgson? Some people need a reality check.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

No idea what’s wrong with people - until they had a man sent off England were playing good football and causing a decent side problems. Sending off killed the game. 

These are great times for England. Genuine quality and a semi and a final in last 2 major tournaments. 

If you can’t enjoy this then don’t bother with football really. 

Assuming this is half aimed at my post. I completely agree the sending off killed the game. I also think these are great times for England, the last 2 tournaments have been so very bitter sweet. I just feel like we have the potential to remove the bitter part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am not suggesting it's related but Austria were 2 -0 down to Wales until Weimann came on and now its 2 2. :)

and he could have/should have scored the winner. . At least we got a mention and it wasn't even JP commentating 

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

What a shit stadium to have a friendly. Would be so much better if they moved it around the country. 

France played their friendly in Lille and Spain played Iceland in La Coruna. Would be good to see more England friendlies played somewhere other than Wembley, but I guess it’s all about money and contracts with the FA.

48 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Assuming this is half aimed at my post. I completely agree the sending off killed the game. I also think these are great times for England, the last 2 tournaments have been so very bitter sweet. I just feel like we have the potential to remove the bitter part.

It’s not aimed at anyone in particular - just can’t understand how people can’t be enjoying England’s best side and runs in tournaments since the 90s. 

• Like 4