IGNORED

England v Ivory Coast

Jerseybean

4 hours ago, Super said:

Or someone who has seen plenty of Henderson.

With all due respect, you seem to spend all of your “football watching” in front of a tv, including Bristol City matches - this doesn’t give you the whole picture or a complete perspective. I used to think Patrick Vieira was a lazy player until I saw him play “live” at Villa Park - my God, watching him do the stuff that is never picked up by television cameras changed my mind instantly - he was awesome that day, his anticipation, positional sense, explosive strength, leadership qualities, technical ability were all on show for the people in the Stadium, but 75% of it would not have been picked up by the television cameras.

Another one was Steffen Iversen, I didn’t really get why Spurs signed him, but then I went to White Hart Lane to see Spurs vs Man Utd and Iversen was fantastic, his running off the ball, positional sense and sheer hard work was wonderful, he dragged Jaap Stam all over the pitch and largely enabled Spurs to stuff a very talented Man Utd side - the highlight was a Paul Scholes diving header into his own net!

It’s hard to judge a player sat on your sofa ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2

On 30/03/2022 at 09:23, Northern Red said:

They've got 4 Nations League games in June but then that's it until the tournament. That June squad will be interesting because normally in a non-tournament summer you'd get quite a few pulling out or not selected if they've got even the slightest niggle, however doing so this time could very well cost them a place in the WC squad.

They’ve got 2 more nations league games in September, it’s 6 total.

That’ll be very interesting with our group of games

On 30/03/2022 at 09:23, Northern Red said:

They've got 4 Nations League games in June but then that's it until the tournament. That June squad will be interesting because normally in a non-tournament summer you'd get quite a few pulling out or not selected if they've got even the slightest niggle, however doing so this time could very well cost them a place in the WC squad.

In June have the Hungarians home and away and Italians home , Germany away 

Then in Sept there’s a Int Break when we have Italians away followed by Germans at home

What a wonderful set of fixtures and opportunity to fine tune things at the top level , which is what we need to do to have a real chance.

Great time to integrate Bellingham further and let those up to it , show through.

The timing of the WC and the fixtures and build up could hardly be better for us.

Edited by Sheltons Army

On 29/03/2022 at 21:15, Marcus Aurelius said:

I’m hardly a Southgate fan so probably unfair but I can’t help imagine how much better we’d be with a top class manager.

Like an Erickson or a Capello maybe? That went well. 

Losing finalists and semi finalists in last two major champs....I think he's due some respect personally.