IGNORED

Another on this day thread

1960maaan

Long queues at the station , my only interest was the day out. We didn't hang about after the game, straight on the train and home for a beer. 
Still, this was win number 2, made hard work of it though.
See it you can see yourself here :city:

Any gAss watching, this is a full end, in case you were confused

1775598988_Screenshot2022-04-06at09_29_01.png.49a4bc924c2ca2fa3b1a82d093dc886e.png

1672695067_Screenshot2022-04-06at09_28_36.png.38cdacfe700d0bcf02d541e2b2b9987c.png

If you have nothing better to do......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember it well, absolutely terrible game & I was bored to tears watching it.

Pretty sure Carlisle we’re bottom six in League Two at the time.

Danny Wilson really did have a problem with getting a team to perform on the big occasion, didn’t he?

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just looked it up, they were 4th from bottom the week before playing us, one place above some shit little tent dwelling bunch of ****nuggets.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Danny Wilson really did have a problem with getting a team to perform on the big occasion, didn’t he?

Great set of players didn’t help them being pissed and also Danny himself 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Offside said:

Awful game from what I remember and scrappy goals too. Going to the Millennium Stadium didn’t have the same allure as a trip to Wembley. 

Strangely I found the trips to The Millennium, easier,cheaper and much more enjoyable for pubs etc.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Great set of players didn’t help them being pissed and also Danny himself 

Got a feeling he also lived up north still, so wasn't always around (although feel free to correct me someone, but if it wasn't DW then it was someone else around the same time).

That group of players and the management team took the piss with being on the piss. It was common knowledge that half the time a large group of them could be found propping up bars. Peacock asleep in a ditch, Doherty throwing up on the pitch, amongst others. Quite often the night before a game as well.

Wilson with the money that he had given to him, which considering the time it was, and the league we were in was a considerable amount, should have won promotion 2 or 3 times over with the squad that he had at his disposal.

I look back fondly at that squad, as it's the amongst the first where I was able to actually buy my season ticket, rather than doing odd games. However I also look back at that squad with contempt, as most of them were wasters, that could and should have done so much more with their careers.

As for the final itself, game was a bit meh, but we won so it was all a bit irrelevant at the end of the day. Was also the first time that my dad had been to a game for years, as I paid for him to go in exchange for driving over!!

• Like 1